HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Accept/Decline (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=345995)

Freaky Habs Fan 02-16-2007 07:47 AM

Accept/Decline

In order to have Peter Forsberg with us, would you have done this deal to beat Nashville:

Alexander Perezhogin, David Fischer, 1st round pick, 3rd round pick

For Peter Forsberg

Accept or decline?

Dark4ng3l 02-16-2007 07:48 AM

Decline, but Forsberg would have just used his non-trade clause to kill the deal anyways.

Tuggy 02-16-2007 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 8088110)
In order to have Peter Forsberg with us, would you have done this deal to beat Nashville:

For Peter Forsberg

Accept or decline?

Decline. We are not in the position to make such a deal for a couple reasons:

1) Nashville is one of the top teams in the league and has a real chance at a Stanley Cup.
2) We don't have the prospect and young talent depth that they have. They are loaded with good young defensemen.

Le Petit Viking 02-16-2007 07:50 AM

Upshall and Parent have much more value than Perezhogin and Fisher

MasterD 02-16-2007 07:51 AM

I would have if we were pretty sure he'd resign at season's end, otherwise NO

Freaky Habs Fan 02-16-2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Petit Viking (Post 8088133)

Maybe a little, but our picks are better :D

Fozz 02-16-2007 07:55 AM

I wouldn't have done this deal at all. Too much to give for a rental player.
Doesn't make much difference anyways because the Habs couldn't fit Forsberg under the cap anyways... Nashville was at 36.3M and the Habs are at 42.8M already.

Habs 4 Life 02-16-2007 08:00 AM

Accept if we were still in 4th.Now it looks like our pick will be a top 10:shakehead

Mojoe 02-16-2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

I agree

simnorm 02-16-2007 08:12 AM

decline. MTL isn't in the same spot as Nashville.

Nashville is in the same situation as Carolina last year. It's their year to make a dash for the Cup

danyhabsfan 02-16-2007 08:15 AM

Ill trade them Chipchura and a 1st pick for Forsberg
personnaly I think Chip will never play a big role on the ice
He has some skating problem

so theyll still accept Nashville deal first
so good deal Philly but Ill want Radulov if I was in there position
Franson looks like a good defensemen 6-4
Ill pair him with Hatcher or Rathje and Crosby will cry like a baby hihi

Le depisteur 02-16-2007 08:24 AM

Quote:

I don't think so... The value is equal...

Upshall is a 4th year AHL player and Parent has 10 goals in 4 OHL seasons... 2 players with 0 progression since their draft.

Perezhogin struggles since he's in NHL but upside is always there... Fischer is a better prospect than Parent, IMO...

habfan4 02-16-2007 08:29 AM

Decline...

At present, the Habs are not in a position to get full value from a player like Forsberg. The Habs are not close enough to being a contender (far from it) to squander assets, even for a player of Forsbergs caliber.

Le depisteur 02-16-2007 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 8088207)
Accept if we were still in 4th.Now it looks like our pick will be a top 10:shakehead

No... Nashville has a ton of propsect in defense (Weber, Suter, Hamhuis, Klein, Fransson, Laakso...). We aren't in the same situation. It's very difficult for us to move Fischer...

Pere Noel 02-16-2007 08:36 AM

I would have done the deal without David Fischer.

It would have taken into playoff, given us a leader and good chance to go far in the playoff. It would also have given us a greater chance to sign Forsberg next year.

But considering all the risk, I would have had a problem given away a talented and character player like Fischer.

I would rather then wait to see if Forsberg fares well this the end of the year, heal in summer and have a (smaller) chance to sign Forsberg than take the risk.

Maxpac 02-16-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 8088207)

Patrick Kane here we come:D

Habitants 02-16-2007 08:46 AM

nope, MTL is in no way close to the team that nashville has. Nash had the cap room and the depth at propects to make the deal, MTL has neither. with a healthy forsberg they are virtually unstopable. Nash has been building since they started, and it was the right time to make that move and pay a little to take a chance to win it all.

MTL would only be marginally improved with him, they need to work harder and need better goaltending compared to vokoun (god i miss vokoun) MTL still needs to do some building...

Maxpac 02-16-2007 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habitants (Post 8088538)
nope, MTL is in no way close to the team that nashville has. Nash had the cap room and the depth at propects to make the deal, MTL has neither. with a healthy forsberg they are virtually unstopable. Nash has been building since they started, and it was the right time to make that move and pay a little to take a chance to win it all.

MTL would only be marginally improved with him, they need to work harder and need better goaltending compared to vokoun (god i miss vokoun) MTL still needs to do some building...

Does Nashville even have a weakness right now, there first 2 center are Forsberg and Arnott, they have Kariya, Legwad, Sullivan, Erat alos up front, for prospects they have Suter, Weber, Radulov, Klein and Bouret, they have Timonen and Zidlicky at defense, Vokun and Mason for goalie. There a freackin hockey machine :help:

shortcat1 02-16-2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 8088110)

For Peter Forsberg

Accept or decline?

DECLINE and loudly too!

onemorecup* 02-16-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simnorm (Post 8088281)
decline. MTL isn't in the same spot as Nashville.

Nashville is in the same situation as Carolina last year. It's their year to make a dash for the Cup

Bang on :bow: , Fischer is years away , Parent steps in next year , Upshall and
Perez are a wash , our pick maybe lottery now- NO CHANCE , we are not contenders
end of story .

MTL-rules 02-16-2007 09:40 AM

It depends if Forsberg resign with Nashville (or Montreal if he was traded for the proposed deal) I would of done it in a second...remember the Thornton deal...if Forsberg stays with Nashville, it will be another deal like it.

wedge 02-16-2007 09:43 AM

I would not have wanted it... Forsberg would bring us closer to the playoffs, not really to the stanley cup...

it's not Forsberg that we need, it's an ass-kicker. Forsberg would help, but not give us a legitimate chance to the stanley cup

for Nashville, on the other side... well, they don't need Parent as they already have Weber, Suter, Klein and Franson.. Upshall? has not progressed as well as they hoped, I guess.... and their picks will be close to 30th. And they had to prevent Anaheim from getting Forsberg too...

HabsAddict 02-16-2007 09:49 AM

DECLINE....in capitals.

I am never a fan of selling assets for a better hope. Foppy trade is nothing more then an atttempt to buy the Cup. I wish they fail on the first round.

Then again....

We need several GM's to do the same thing and buy all OUR junk at the highest price.

Habs 4 Life 02-16-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! (Post 8088464)
Patrick Kane here we come:D

I hope so.That would make this disaster season all worth it in June

Blind Gardien 02-16-2007 12:02 PM

Quote:

Agreed, and decline all the same.

Decline on just half of it... the 1st and Fischer? Declined. 1st and Perez? Declined. We're in no position to be trading our 1st round pick for 23 games worth of any player right now.