HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   13 of the next 17 on Home Ice (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=346103)

nyrmessier011 02-16-2007 12:18 PM

13 of the next 17 on Home Ice

We have been terrible at home this year. 11-2-3, 11-5 whatever you want to call it, but it has to change right now. No team will make the playoffs playing this type of hockey on home ice. From tomorrow, Feb 17 through March 21, the Rangers have 13 games at home, and only 4 on the road. If we can play like a playoff home team, I believe we should secure a spot in the playoffs. If we play like we have on home ice, blowing leads, losing in overtime, losing to the friggin Islanders constantly, we will know by March 21 that we are going to miss out on the playoffs and the streak will continue to ten years without a playoff win (May 1997). After our home stand we finish the season with 6 of 8 on the road.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-16-2007 12:20 PM

Only problem is this team plays better on the road.

Home: 11-12-3

Road: 17-12-2

Block More Shots 02-16-2007 12:28 PM

Our Home record this season won't really effect what will happen down the stretch. The Rangers are revitalized and can beat almost anyone in the NHL.

Throughout the season, we were playing like an average .500 team. Now, we're playing like one of the best in the NHL. I know it's only a 3-game winning streak but we controlled just about every minute of those 3 games. In our prior winning streaks, have we ever had complete 60 minute wins like we've had these past 3 games? If we can grab two wins this weekend against Chicago and Philly at home, it'll put us in a much better position to make the playoffs.

The effort and determination is there...it also helps that we're putting up 3+ goals a night. With Lundqvist backing us up and the defense playing a bit better, our team looks very good.

WheresBarnaby 02-16-2007 12:40 PM

While the team is playing better, we've gone through this before. We have no home ice advantage until we are consistant, hopefully this weekend establishes something going foward. I'm not ready to say this team has turned, around because we all jumped the gun before, let's see what happens.

94now 02-16-2007 12:43 PM

The booing has to stop.

Finest 02-16-2007 12:49 PM

They just need to take it one game at a time, it starts tomorrrow against the Flyers, if they can beat them convincingly and keep up the momentum, then they take it to Chicago on sunday and build from there. I'll be there on sunday cheering my head off and I hope the rest of the crowd will be doing the same. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!

GarretJoseph* 02-16-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94now (Post 8091692)
The booing has to stop.

Agreed

Balej20* 02-16-2007 01:32 PM

Yea, this is a new team now. The fans have to react differently down the stretch. They have to support the team now. I'm gonna be really pissed off if these fans are sitting on their hands for the whole game.

Larry Melnyk 02-16-2007 01:53 PM

Great upcoming schedule...Alot of home games that a confident team (which I think they are now) should take advantage of...Competition not extremely tough (no strong western teams) and plenty of games against teams a few rungs aboove us....An easy travel schedule with the Rangers not hopping on a plane until March 10th and only twice in a month...They have almost everything going for them.

Fire Sather 02-16-2007 02:19 PM

I hate looking ahead too far. I know its cliche, but game by game.

Lets win tomorrow, then look to hopefully another one on Sunday then look foward...

We may have something good going here, this is the best 3 games we've had all year, way better than we looked during that 5 game streak back in Nov/Dec whenever it was...

NYR469 02-16-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

The booing has to stop.

the booing or cheering is based on the effort on the ice. the booing has currently stopped because they are playing well, working hard and look like a real team. but that only lasts for as long as the effort last. if they come out tomorrow and decide they can mail it in against the flyers the booing will return awfully quick

HockeyBasedNYC 02-16-2007 03:44 PM

Yes, this has been the biggest part of the season all year, ive mentioned 40 times this season.

Ive even made a thread about it, http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=331549 - and now its coming to fruition.

HockeyBasedNYC 02-16-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

The booing has to stop.

The Rangers control the booing and volume level in the building. It's theirs to make the best out of.

True Blue Bleed Blue 02-17-2007 05:20 PM

I'll be there tomorow and Thursday

True Blue 02-17-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

The booing has to stop.

When lazy, lackadaisical play from the home team stops, so too will the booing.