HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ek is back... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=346108)

ChuckyToGally 02-16-2007 01:29 PM

Ek is back...

Chances are at 60% that the Habs and the Wild make a major deal. Apparently, the Habs are interested in P-M Bouchard. Deja vu? :sarcasm:

The Oilers are apparently down to two names to upgrade their defense: Andrei Markov and Eric Brewer.

Habitants 02-16-2007 01:32 PM

im starting to get a bad feeling...

Habs4Lyfe 02-16-2007 01:34 PM

just posted this and other notes from Ek in the "Another Rumor..." thread

Evil Ted 02-16-2007 01:37 PM

There totally should be a EK sticky every day for the last week or so hes had this magical trade that will apear any minute now that never happens.

Pere Noel 02-16-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 (Post 8091500)
Chances are at 60% that the Habs and the Wild make a major deal. Apparently, the Habs are interested in P-M Bouchard. Deja vu? :sarcasm:

The Oilers are apparently down to two names to upgrade their defense: Andrei Markov and Eric Brewer.

Considering that the oilers made it public knowledge that they want a defenseman and that it will get done...

The exercise of naming all the defensemen in the NHL as potential targets... is quite trivial... and God, I hope no one will then brag for fame after such an exercise.

Add to this, that Krusty The Klund has in the past conveniently edited some of his posts after the facts... that makes me puke.

coolguy21415 02-16-2007 01:41 PM

PM Bouchard is pretty awesome, though supposedly Ryder-esqe in his own zone.

Realistically I want 2 1st round picks, or equivalent, for Markov. So Edmonton's and Anaheim's 1st picks would be fine with me :D

ChuckyToGally 02-16-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ted (Post 8091616)
There totally should be a EK sticky every day for the last week or so hes had this magical trade that will apear any minute now that never happens.

I agree. Ek deserves a sticky.

shutehinside 02-16-2007 01:42 PM

You forgot the best part:
Jay (Feaster) said he expects the team’s personal cap would fall to 40 next year and it is possible that he would have to look at breaking up the big three. There are sources ALREADY saying that the Habs would essentially “trade the farm” to get Vinny this summer

Now honestly, who doesn't kinda wish the Canadiens get blown up completely and get remade into a real contender. I think and hopefully managemnt feels that the team we have just won't get it done and we need a complete overhaul. This summer is the perfect time considerig all the UFA's we have and that are available out there. I say blow it up and build it back up, hopefully around Lecavalier!

Judge Sauer* 02-16-2007 01:42 PM

60%? Is that like an e3?

Miller Time 02-16-2007 01:43 PM

not all that interested in Bouchard... he'd be coming into a pressure cooker (being french, and being traded here to replace Koivu), and he is awful in the face-off circle.

also, I'd rather souray be moved than markov.

what about this?

to mtl:
Burns, Voloshenko, 1st 07

to Min:
Souray, Koivu

ti-vite 02-16-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 8091677)
You forgot the best part:
Jay (Feaster) said he expects the team’s personal cap would fall to 40 next year and it is possible that he would have to look at breaking up the big three. There are sources ALREADY saying that the Habs would essentially “trade the farm” to get Vinny this summer

Now honestly, who doesn't kinda wish the Canadiens get blown up completely and get remade into a real contender. I think and hopefully managemnt feels that the team we have just won't get it done and we need a complete overhaul. This summer is the perfect time considerig all the UFA's we have and that are available out there. I say blow it up and build it back up, hopefully around Lecavalier!

I was under the impression Lecavalier wanted nothing to do with Montreal...

THEREW 02-16-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ti-vite (Post 8091704)
I was under the impression Lecavalier wanted nothing to do with Montreal...

Yes...he doesn't even want to be part of the Quebec national Team :sarcasm:

33Roy33 02-16-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miller Time (Post 8091697)
not all that interested in Bouchard... he'd be coming into a pressure cooker (being french, and being traded here to replace Koivu), and he is awful in the face-off circle.

what about this?

to mtl:

to Min:
Souray, Koivu

I would think we could fetch the equivalent of Burns + 1st for Souray alone, and I would not deal Koivu for just Voloshenko, especially with the struggles he is having in the AHL this year.

DicAnns 02-16-2007 01:49 PM

why would we trade for another small 2nd line center? :help:

AH 02-16-2007 01:50 PM

Quote:

what about this?

to mtl:

to Min:
Souray, Koivu

How deoes that make us better? WE DONT NEED ANYMORE PROSPECTS. We have enough of our own.

Judge Sauer* 02-16-2007 01:53 PM

Anyone else find it odd that he says that he's been "talking to the Habs"? Do you also get a sneaky suspicion that "the Habs" is the group of homeless guys huddled around a barrell fire in his alley way?

Drive425 02-16-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro oop007 (Post 8091823)
Anyone else find it odd that he says that he's been "talking to the Habs"? Do you also get a sneaky suspicion that "the Habs" is the group of homeless guys huddled around a barrell fire in his alley way?

:biglaugh:

Mojoe 02-16-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

good one :biglaugh:

hab 02-16-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

what about this?

to mtl:

to Min:
Souray, Koivu

burns is a total bust

znk 02-16-2007 02:04 PM

I dont want Bouchard....do you?

cjbhab* 02-16-2007 02:08 PM

Is bouchard even good?

brownman* 02-16-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Either that or P.J. Stock:dunno:

felixd 02-16-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk (Post 8091973)
I dont want Bouchard....do you?

I'm not a fan either

Mathletic 02-16-2007 02:21 PM

Bouchard is a good and cheap player, so I'm fine with that

Habs have to make cap space, it's that simple. Everybody is going to complain over what Gainey will receive for whoever he trades. People don't realize that Koivu isn't Sakic and that Souray isn't Pronger. They won't draw Radulov or Getzlaf or somebody like that.

Habs will receive ok prospects and I'm fine with that. Make cap space and hopefully sign Briere this summer and bring up a couple youngsters like AK and Grabs.

kenadian 02-16-2007 02:21 PM

How can the chance they make a deal be 60%...........................:huh:

It's 50% [and always will be] either they DO make a deal or they DON'T make a deal