HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Huet out indefinitely (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=346125)

The n00b King * 02-16-2007 02:14 PM

Huet out indefinitely
 
www.rds.ca

Tuggy 02-16-2007 02:16 PM

Basically what I expected to hear. Hamstring injuries for goalies can be very troublesome.

hototogisu 02-16-2007 02:17 PM

Yeah, no surprise...like people said, Dandenault had a similar injury and missed six weeks. It'll probably be even longer for Huet since he's a goalie and all.

Oh well :(

Marc the Habs Fan 02-16-2007 02:18 PM

Sigh...I was hoping for a timetable of sort.

Hopefully Carbo isn't gun shy to give Halak some starts.

Team_Spirit 02-16-2007 02:19 PM

Looks like he's done for the rest of the season, there's only like 6 weeks left. That really sucks because he's a big part of this team and won't be able to help for the playoffs push and also we probaly won't be able to trade Aebischer for assets at the deadline because we need him.

JeromeHP 02-16-2007 02:19 PM

Well at least halak gonna get is chance (Sunday IMO) And we can actually say we are seller now just my point of view

Le depisteur 02-16-2007 02:23 PM

Bad news after bad news... :banghead:

neopreneur 02-16-2007 02:25 PM

IMO, Carbo has to give Aebi the start on Saturday and if he plays well, start him again on Sunday.

Aebi showed us early in the season what he's capable of doing... he's just not doing it right now (just like Huet).

If Aebi plays like a donkey, then it's time for the Halak show and never look back.

felixd 02-16-2007 02:25 PM

Ouch, that hurts. Am I the only one not 100% confident in Aebischer?

33Roy33 02-16-2007 02:25 PM

Can someone give me a brief translation of the article...Thanks!

CareyClutch 02-16-2007 02:26 PM

time for Abby to step up

Tuggy 02-16-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixd (Post 8092269)
Ouch, that hurts. Am I the only one not 100% confident in Aebischer?

:biglaugh: I think that would have been a better question if you said "Am I the only one who is 100% confident in Aebischer".

tritone 02-16-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixd (Post 8092269)
Ouch, that hurts. Am I the only one not 100% confident in Aebischer?


Nope. I don't like the thought of Aebi leading us into the home stretch at all. I think I'd rather bring up Price as soon his junior season is over.

felixd 02-16-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 8092295)
:biglaugh: I think that would have been a better question if you said "Am I the only one who is 100% confident in Aebischer".

Haha maybe, but when I talk to my friends and other people I am generally harsher than others on Aebischer, I was just wondering what the consensus here was.

Hate to sound negative, but I don't see us making the playoffs with him in net. I'm desperately hoping he proves me wrong.

hototogisu 02-16-2007 02:29 PM

Translation:

Huet hurt his left hamstring during the Habs' loss to the Devils and is out indefinitely. The Canadiens recalled Jaroslav Halak but have not decided if he will start against Carolina on Saturday. Mike Johnson practised with the team Friday morning and is expected to play Saturday.

GoodKiwi 02-16-2007 02:30 PM

:cry:

Tuggy 02-16-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixd (Post 8092317)
Haha maybe, but when I talk to my friends and other people I am generally harsher than others on Aebischer, I was just wondering what the consensus here was.

Hate to sound negative, but I don't see us making the playoffs with him in net. I'm desperately hoping he proves me wrong.

Well for me personally...I don't have any confidence in what he brings. I see a goalie that is constantly out of position and flopping around for no reason. If Halak comes in and plays well then I don't see any reason for Carbo not to stick with him. What do we have to lose?

Benzaza 02-16-2007 02:30 PM

this is for all that wanted to trade aebischer....

I have no problem in having aebischer being our no1 goalie for the playoffs if any.... this is exactly why BG is keeping on Abby for the just in case huet gets injured or is in a cold streak...as much as he makes some weird looking save and lets stupid goals sometimes....he was number 1 in colorado and has experience for the last stretch for the season and playoffs...at least the habs now that they cant really on him to shutout the other team in the same way as huet used to.....
take responsibility guys and score more goals than the other team

if halak does a roy or a ward well good for the habs but im so happy when i see that a guy like abby is our backup goalie

I wish abby a great continuation next season with his new team...wherever he goes

Shinobi out

mr sofiane benzaza

33Roy33 02-16-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 8092334)
Translation:

Huet hurt his left hamstring during the Habs' loss to the Devils and is out indefinitely. The Canadiens recalled Jaroslav Halak but have not decided if he will start against Carolina on Saturday. Mike Johnson practised with the team Friday morning and is expected to play Saturday.


Thanks....I am very glad to see Johnson coming back to the lineup. This is a huge chance for Aebby to raise his value heading into UFA, I hope he takes it and leads us to the playoffs!!

THEREW 02-16-2007 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goffie709 (Post 8092279)
Can someone give me a brief translation of the article...Thanks!

HUET IS OUT INDEFINETLY

NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE TO KNOW IF HALAK IS GOING TO GET A GAME THIS WEEKEND

JOHNSON PRACTISED WITH THE CLUB FRIDAY MORNING AND SHOULD BE ON THE ICE SATURDAY.

brownman* 02-16-2007 02:32 PM

Abby is a little more sound than Huet, his only problem tends to be overplaying the puck. I have just as much confidence in him as I do Huet (which isn't much when there's a shot from the point:biglaugh: )

Teufelsdreck 02-16-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixd (Post 8092269)
Ouch, that hurts. Am I the only one not 100% confident in Aebischer?

You have lots of company in that.

Teufelsdreck 02-16-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 8092356)
Well for me personally...I don't have any confidence in what he brings. I see a goalie that is constantly out of position and flopping around for no reason. If Halak comes in and plays well then I don't see any reason for Carbo not to stick with him. What do we have to lose?

Not to mention Aebischer's enormous rebounds.

shutehinside 02-16-2007 02:37 PM

The only bad news here as I'm concerned is that we can't trade Abbi now, unless we call up Halak AND Danis... I don't think so. Unless myabe Price makes a cameo with the Habs or Bulldoags after his junior season is over.
As for Huet, he hasn't been that great lately so hopefull y all the rest he'll be getting will keep him fresh for the playoffs, I mean we all know he can't play too many consequetive games consistantly. As I said before, maybe this is a good thing for the Habs in the long run.

hototogisu 02-16-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 8092465)
all the rest he'll be getting will keep him fresh for the playoffs

Whassat?

AH- UH, PLAYOFFS? We're talking about PLAYOFFS?! Are you kidding me, playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.