HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   If Tippett gets fired... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34681)

Sydor25 12-09-2003 01:46 PM

If Tippett gets fired...

Should the Kings bring him back to save the special teams? Would he come back as an assistant?

From the Dallas News:

Quote:

That brings us to Tippett, who did a fine job last season leading the Stars to the top spot in the West. That they failed against Anaheim, that they could never take advantage of a defense that had six left-handed puck-carriers he has to be partly accountable for that.

Nothing Tippett has tried this season has worked. Hicks and GM Doug Armstrong provided him with a team weakened by the departure of Derian Hatcher. But that is no reason for this team to be slogging along, 12th in the West.

Tippett has to distribute more minutes to his top players. There's no reason even for a struggling Mike Modano to be getting two minutes less a night than Florida's Olli Jokinen or Carolina's Rod Brind'Amour.

Tippett's calling card when he arrived was the power play. This team's power play ranks 11th in the league, which is better than its record but not what a team with this skill should settle for.

Once a strong road team, the Stars are one of four teams that have lost 10 road games already. Bottom feeders Chicago, Washington and Pittsburgh are the others.

What would Keenan do in Dallas?

Face Wash 12-09-2003 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25
Should the Kings bring him back to save the special teams? Would he come back as an assistant?

From the Dallas News:

I would be COMPLETELY STUNNED if Tippett was fired.

It would be an absolute disgrace in fact. He's a heck of a coach.

Modano is playing a very unmotivated game right now.

But yes, I'd scoop him back up in a heartbeat...

LuckyLUC20 12-09-2003 02:28 PM

Completely agree... I'd LOVE for Tippet to come back if it was possible.

punchy1 12-09-2003 02:54 PM

Wouldn't that be bloody brilliant if he came back home to us? FREE DAVE TIPPET! FREE DAVE TIPPET! FREE DAVE TIPPET! Next home game against the Stars start the chant someone please!

Back to the number one PP and PK to add to our great young and balanced team. Bleedin genius!

agentfouser 12-09-2003 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
I would be COMPLETELY STUNNED if Tippett was fired.

It would be an absolute disgrace in fact. He's a heck of a coach.

Modano is playing a very unmotivated game right now.

But yes, I'd scoop him back up in a heartbeat...

i completely agree that it would astounding if tippet were fired, and that modano, alonge with a few other key players (or lack thereof) are the stars' problems. but, how many times have we heard and seen that its easier to move one coach than 23 players? (or even just a few key ones)

however, would he come back as an assistant? other teams (washington) may be looking for coaches soon.

swinginutter* 12-09-2003 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navigator
i completely agree that it would astounding if tippet were fired, and that modano, alonge with a few other key players (or lack thereof) are the stars' problems. but, how many times have we heard and seen that its easier to move one coach than 23 players? (or even just a few key ones)

however, would he come back as an assistant? other teams (washington) may be looking for coaches soon.

I agree also, especially with this post. Turco and teammates were nothing but ecstatic with this guy last year. He's a players coach, and somebody that's been in this league. Bottom line is Dallas seems unmotivated right now, and I don't think it's all Davey's fault. If they fire him, which can possibly happen real soon, if they don't get out of this funk. I'd love to have him back, and get rid of Van Pap-Smear in a red hot second. Also, agree with the Washington comment, he played a good part of his career there, and Cassidy seems to be a real d*ckhead there.
Mike Madonna, is playing like an idiot! Really unimpressed on how he's letting all of his personal failings on his finances affect his gameplay. Drop your sack already, you made a mistake.......get on with it, you only make 9 million a year, play your ass off and earn it back. How the paper claims that he's getting two less minutes a game is funny.......who cares!