HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Angelo Esposito talking about the Habs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=347535)

Subban Fan 02-19-2007 04:31 PM

Angelo Esposito talking about the Habs
 
I just heard an interview with Angelo at INFO 800...He said that he's a big fan of the Habs...When asked about if the Habs will make the playoffs he said i hope not...The interviewer asked him why and he answered that the only way that the habs could pick him is if they dont make the playoffs...

Galchenyuk x 27 02-19-2007 04:33 PM

of course he's a habs fan, he's from DDO.

HH 02-19-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komi#1 (Post 8139723)
I just heard an interview with Angelo at INFO 800...He said that he's a big fan of the Habs...When asked about if the Habs will make the playoffs he said i hope not...The interviewer asked him why and he answered that the only way that the habs could pick him is if they dont make the playoffs...

:biglaugh: Though I doubt we get that low in the standings to get a top 5 pick...

badfish 02-19-2007 04:33 PM

I was really excited about Esposito last year, however his development seems to have regressed, though I havnt seen much of him play. This draft is a deep draft but an unspectacular draft. You will get a good player out of it pretty much for sure, but there are no Malkins, Ovechkins, Kovalchuks

Tuggy 02-19-2007 04:34 PM

Angelo is a guy I'd love to have in the organization. Maybe Gainey can trade up to get him. :D

RC51 02-19-2007 04:35 PM

Well the other way the Habs can pick him is if he tells Gainey he is going to dive on purpose so the Habs can pick him.

Artyukhin* 02-19-2007 04:35 PM

:)

Angelo Esposito would be a great addition to this club .


Hey Angelo start playing like crap , help us out a bit here eh ;)
remember going top 1 to 10 is over rated ,look at our Gui;) you can do the same :) :) will still give ya the $$$$

flappuck 02-19-2007 04:39 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Esposito is the second coming of Mike Ribeiro.

AD 02-19-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 8139795)
:)

Angelo Esposito would be a great addition to this club .


Hey Angelo start playing like crap , help us out a bit here eh ;)
remember going top 1 to 10 is over rated ,look at our Gui;) you can do the same :) :) will still give ya the $$$$

I think he heard you.

Habsfan18 02-19-2007 04:42 PM

well, his draft stock is definately falling. It wouldn't surprise me if he fell out of the top 7 or 8. Maybe even the top 10 completely.

Penalty Killer 02-19-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 8139795)
Hey Angelo start playing like crap , help us out a bit here eh ;)
remember going top 1 to 10 is over rated ,look at our Gui;) you can do the same :) :) will still give ya the $$$$

Yeah. How selfish of him. The team should take a dive? Be a team player, Angelo, take the dive yourself!

le_sean 02-19-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs911 (Post 8139753)
:biglaugh: Though I doubt we get that low in the standings to get a top 5 pick...

It's an enigma for GM's. He is the most talented player in the draft, but his development hasn't been up to par. He more than likely won't get as many points as he did last year, which is odd and kind of points to Radulov leaving as the reason. In other words, some think he was leeching off of Radulov's skill.

That being said, if you've ever seen him play he is dominant in the offensive zone. If you watched Backstrom at the WJC, he completely controls the play when the puck is on his stick, this is the same for Angelo, he always makes things happen.

If Gainey can get another 1st rounder for lets say Souray, trading two 1sts to move up in the draft and nabbing him isn't too far off. I don't know if he'd be a top-5, but top-10 for sure.

habitue* 02-19-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamon (Post 8139882)
Yeah. How selfish of him. The team should take a dive? Be a team player, Angelo, take the dive yourself!

The kid was kidding. Where is your sense of humour ? ;)

le_sean 02-19-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tout ptit (Post 8139837)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Esposito is the second coming of Mike Ribeiro.

I guess you've never seen him play. He has drive, he has lots of speed, better vision. At 18 Angelo probably has more offensive skill than anyone on the Habs right now other than Kovalev.

Reuben 02-19-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tout ptit (Post 8139837)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Esposito is the second coming of Mike Ribeiro.

He's still 17 isn't he? too early to call him bust.:)

Penalty Killer 02-19-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 8139884)
It's an enigma for GM's. He is the most talented player in the draft, but his development hasn't been up to par. He more than likely won't get as many points as he did last year, which is odd and kind of points to Radulov leaving as the reason. In other words, some think he was leeching off of Radulov's skill.

The Bruins stole Kessel last draft because "his stock fell". If we can do the same with Esposito, good for us!

Clumsyhab 02-19-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuben (Post 8139973)
He's still 17 isn't he? too early to call him bust.:)

He will turn 18 tomorrow.

waffledave 02-19-2007 04:55 PM

At this rate, the Habs will be able to snag him with the pick they would normally get.

And that's assuming the Habs make the playoffs.

coolguy21415 02-19-2007 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 8139884)
It's an enigma for GM's. He is the most talented player in the draft, but his development hasn't been up to par. He more than likely won't get as many points as he did last year, which is odd and kind of points to Radulov leaving as the reason. In other words, some think he was leeching off of Radulov's skill.

That being said, if you've ever seen him play he is dominant in the offensive zone. If you watched Backstrom at the WJC, he completely controls the play when the puck is on his stick, this is the same for Angelo, he always makes things happen.

If Gainey can get another 1st rounder for lets say Souray, trading two 1sts to move up in the draft and nabbing him isn't too far off. I don't know if he'd be a top-5, but top-10 for sure.

If we're trading two firsts to get a player, it'd better not be Esposito. I'd rather have Pat Kane or Nick Petricki if that's the plan. Espositis the biggest wildcard at the top of the draft, and could go anywhere from first to fifteenth, depending on how each team sees him. I don't like project players in the first round is all.

le_sean 02-19-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedScull (Post 8140059)
If we're trading two firsts to get a player, it'd better not be Esposito. I'd rather have Pat Kane or Nick Petricki if that's the plan. Espositis the biggest wildcard at the top of the draft, and could go anywhere from first to fifteenth, depending on how each team sees him. I don't like project players in the first round is all.

Well I was assuming that the other 1st the Habs would get would be lower than their own seeing as how a rental would be going to a real contender. So it would almost be like a 2nd. Lots of teams are going to want to take a chance, that kind of skill is hard to ignore. You have to give to get.

To put it in perspective, if everyone here knows the Hockey's Future prospect rating, Angelo would probably be a 9.0C. I would take the risk.

phil 02-19-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 8140015)
He will turn 18 tomorrow.

oh party time for angelo ;)

but I'd like the habs to draft him... as long as he plays like last year...

Namso 02-19-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tout ptit (Post 8139837)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Esposito is the second coming of Mike Ribeiro.

I'd have to agree.
Last year he was leeching of Radulov who was basically the best player in the entire CHL.

Habs 4 Life 02-19-2007 05:55 PM

Great another Habs fan.We all know what that means,he will never play for the Habs and we will booooo him when he plays here:sarcasm:

Mathletic 02-19-2007 06:12 PM

he hasn't regressed. People expected him to put the same kind of numbers on the board Crosby did. He's just a different kind of player. He'll remind you a lot of Joe Sakic.

Crosby and Jack Johnson were Habs fans too but ended up somewhere else, so that doesn't mean much. But if it happens I'll be happy.

habitue* 02-19-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles (Post 8141059)
he hasn't regressed. People expected him to put the same kind of numbers on the board Crosby did. He's just a different kind of player. He'll remind you a lot of Joe Sakic.

Crosby and Jack Johnson were Habs fans too but ended up somewhere else, so that doesn't mean much. But if it happens I'll be happy.

In 6-7 years from now, we will have a tremendous line-up with all those Habs' fans/players....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.