HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Will Gratton ever get a chance? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34768)

Tuggy 12-09-2003 08:54 PM

Will Gratton ever get a chance?

Do you think that Benoit Gratton will ever get a chance to prove himself with the big club?

Once again this season he is putting up great numbers in the AHL.
22 Games Played with 13 goals & 17 assists for 30 Points. As well he has 4 PPG, 2 GWG and a .260 shooting%.

He is currently first in AHL scoring, as he was last year before getting injuried. He's 5'11 194 pounds and is 27(turns 28 later this month).

He is of course a C, which we have plenty of already but I think he would be a nice fit on our 4th line playing with Ward/Kilger/Langdon.

I would really like him to at least he be given the oppurtunity to show what he can bring to our team. He may be flop in the NHL but IMO he deserves at least a chance.

Your thoughts on Benoit?

goalchenyuk 12-09-2003 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
Do you think that Benoit Gratton will ever get a chance to prove himself with the big club?

Once again this season he is putting up great numbers in the AHL.
22 Games Played with 13 goals & 17 assists for 30 Points. As well he has 4 PPG, 2 GWG and a .260 shooting%.

He is currently first in AHL scoring, as he was last year before getting injuried. He's 5'11 194 pounds and is 27(turns 28 later this month).

He is of course a C, which we have plenty of already but I think he would be a nice fit on our 4th line playing with Ward/Kilger/Langdon.

I would really like him to at least he be given the oppurtunity to show what he can bring to our team. He may be flop in the NHL but IMO he deserves at least a chance.

Your thoughts on Benoit?

some years ago , Perre Sevigny was also the first in ahl scoring ....

CrAzYNiNe 12-09-2003 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v

Pierre what? :D

caper13 12-10-2003 05:24 AM

gratton does deserve a chance i think he could be better than audett and a few others and sevigny played well for us until he thought he didnt have to work hard anymore ....bring him up bg he deserves it. :bow:

eddy 12-10-2003 05:34 AM

Gratton does desearve a chance and I think he'll get it if he keeps up his dominant play in the AHL. He might not stay with the big club this year unless he really proves himself but next year with alot of vets expected to be moved he might fill the fourth line center role, which I think he could do well he's feisty, he works hard along with a scoring touch.

Joe Cole 12-10-2003 05:35 AM

He has had a few stints with the big club. I guess he didn't have a big enough impact at the nhl level. I too thought he would get a shot this year, but the roster is way too loaded (with contracts).

goalchenyuk 12-10-2003 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v

also jim cambell
and Darcy tucker ...who is by now the most popular leafs for the fans and for his team mates .
..:lol:

Bob Bastards 12-10-2003 07:11 AM

We have to ask ourself if Gratton is not more usefull to us as a captain in the AHL or as a fourth line center in the NHL. I have the impression that he is better down in the minor as a captain, considering is age and level of talent. I also have the impression that he is the kind of guy that will end up as a assistant coach when is carrer will end up...

BigM1ke 12-10-2003 07:13 AM

Is it me but, 2 years ago I think, when Gratton was called, he was playing with alot of emotion before his injury... He reminded me of a certain guy named Begin :)

I think it's Dagenais that has said recently that Benoit Gratton is the man that his playing the more with his heart on the ice that he has never seen....

But now, with the return of Super Juneau, Ravishing Donald Dodette and Jason Ward, we don't have room for him :(

Joe Maximum 12-10-2003 09:00 AM

I also think he brings more to the organization as a solid AHL captain then what he might bring at the NHL level. Don't forget if we give him a chance, he better take the ball and RUN FOR THE ENZONE because we can't send him to the minors without exposing him to the waiver wire

Freaky Habs Fan 12-10-2003 11:16 AM

I think it could be nice if he could play on the fourth line with Ward. Loook at this line: Ward-Gratton-Langdon/Kilger. Nice isn't it? But he's an exemple for the prospects of Hamilton. He show how to play with heart.