HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   CBC Hotstove lounge (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=350261)

Artyukhin* 02-24-2007 08:07 PM

CBC Hotstove lounge
 
Craig Rivet is the guy the Sharks are looking at .

WeThreeKings 02-24-2007 08:14 PM

That sucks, we can't get anything good for him.

BaseballCoach 02-24-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 8235864)
That sucks, we can't get anything good for him.

I would take a second-round pick, and it may well be offered up by someone.

greatlakeshab 02-24-2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 8235864)
That sucks, we can't get anything good for him.

Yes we'll have to settle for Carle:sarcasm:

zednik20 02-24-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 8235709)
Craig Rivet is the guy the Sharks are looking at .

for Mark Bell...

Boris Le Tigre 02-24-2007 08:58 PM

I really like Mark Bell... he's a better player than he's letting on... and if souray goes he brings a similar level of toughness...

but

i don't know i think he has legal issues... i think he's had a couple of dui and posters on the sharks fans of said he gets mysterious scratches when they play in canada... does anyone know if he's allowed to cross the border... does he have felony charges pending or something...

WeThreeKings 02-24-2007 09:08 PM

We already have a logjam at the forward position right now.

Habitants 02-24-2007 09:21 PM

reunite sammy with thorton:sarcasm:

rivet+sammy
vs
Bernier+vlasic

;)

i dont think they want rivet more than they want souray...

JMMR 02-24-2007 09:25 PM

Bell I believe has only played once in Canada this year.

RE-HABS 02-24-2007 09:28 PM

Bell would be a young Shane Corson in the bad sense....he has a troubled past in Ottawa as a Junior and now in San Jose for a DUI and I believe a hit and run.

To much drama and luggage.

JMMR 02-24-2007 09:29 PM

Oh and Bell is playing tongiht in Calgary.

And he just got in a fight switched from a righty to a lefty and bombed W. Primeau.

Jean-Guy Drouin* 02-24-2007 09:31 PM

Mark Bell would be a real good improovement for the team! A big, intense guy like that is what MTL lacks real bad.

coolguy21415 02-24-2007 09:54 PM

I think Mark Bell might be too much of a return for Rivet, but a package of Rivet and Perezhogin might do the trick (though I don't agree with trading Perezhogin).

Ghost of Saku 02-24-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 8237988)
Oh and Bell is playing tongiht in Calgary.

And he just got in a fight switched from a righty to a lefty and bombed W. Primeau.

he gave primeau a nice uppercut

Team_Spirit 02-24-2007 10:32 PM

Rivet would have trouble holding his own on that San Jose team but i would take on a guy like Goc and a draft pick for him.

Traitor8 02-24-2007 10:34 PM

1st round pick ...

philosophical___ 02-24-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8 (Post 8239389)
1st round pick ...

rivet's a #5/6 defenceman on most teams, he's old, and he's a free agent.

if gainey can get a 3rd round pick for craig rivet, he's done a good job.

Habs10Habs 02-25-2007 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philosophical___ (Post 8240896)
rivet's a #5/6 defenceman on most teams, he's old, and he's a free agent.

if gainey can get a 3rd round pick for craig rivet, he's done a good job.

Normally I would agree..but with the way the market is going, I think we can expect more then just a 3rd for Rivet.

philosophical___ 02-25-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 8240981)
Normally I would agree..but with the way the market is going, I think we can expect more then just a 3rd for Rivet.

right, but common sense says that rivet is not worth that much, and you can't assume somebody's going to overpay for him, especially since he's an UFA.

i think the zhitnik/coburn is blown way out of proportion, i think coburn's not a great prospect, he's very much like kyle mclaren. expectations were huge, now they're big, but he's never proven that he can play at that level. even with team canada.

i think for rivet, you can get a prospect that has stalled with his organization, kind of like when we had hainsey, hossa, and balej, dealt them away because they weren't doing all that well.

Habs10Habs 02-25-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philosophical___ (Post 8241041)
right, but common sense says that rivet is not worth that much, and you can't assume somebody's going to overpay for him, especially since he's an UFA.

i think the zhitnik/coburn is blown way out of proportion, i think coburn's not a great prospect, he's very much like kyle mclaren. expectations were huge, now they're big, but he's never proven that he can play at that level. even with team canada.

i think for rivet, you can get a prospect that has stalled with his organization, kind of like when we had hainsey, hossa, and balej, dealt them away because they weren't doing all that well.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all...personally I wouldn't pay more then a 3rd rd pick for Rivet, I like him, but I don't feel as a rental he is worth that much. But because of his experience, leadership qualities, toughness and having a little bit of offense in his game, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we do get more then a 3rd.

I think a team like SJ would be smart to make a move and try to pick him up.

FTowwn 02-25-2007 10:06 AM

Rivet for Marcel Goc? or a prospect like Tomas Pilhal and a pick would be good.

WeThreeKings 02-25-2007 10:47 AM

Marcel Goc seems to have a hard time producing in the NHL.

gusfring 02-25-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 8237452)
We already have a logjam at the forward position right now.

Yah, how's that working out?

WeThreeKings 02-25-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittany (Post 8243926)
Yah, how's that working out?

Pretty good.. Kovalev and Begin injured. Milroy sent down and Latendresse scratched. Lots of decisions to make.

Boris Le Tigre 02-25-2007 01:48 PM

rivet would be a good partner for one of sj's young offensive minded d-man... carle probably... he was playing with vlasic last night... that's a pretty young pair...

those carle for souray rumors were interesting last week... i'm not sure i like carle's game... he's quite a rover. him and streit on the same blue line it'd be like having 5 forwards... one of those guys is enough... i really like streit... he's the riverboat gambler type... but one is enough keep streit don't get carle... i'd agree with rivet for bell or rivet for a pick... i think sj would trade bell... he's underperformed and they were showcasing him last night... he was on the pp...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.