HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Cross Keith Tkachuk off Ranger wishlist... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=350493)

Shadowtron 02-25-2007 09:17 AM

Cross Keith Tkachuk off Ranger wishlist...
 
I know this is technically OT, but since it was a player the Rangers might have been pursuing i thought it was somewhat relevant to the team:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197640&hubname=

cjdv16 02-25-2007 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron (Post 8243257)
I know this is technically OT, but since it was a player the Rangers might have been pursuing i thought it was somewhat relevant to the team:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197640&hubname=

that's a blessing in disguise for you guys.... you didn't want him at the expense of youth... be glad atlanta made that panic move....

Melrose_Jr. 02-25-2007 09:22 AM

(looks up and down wishlist for "Tkachuk"......hmmmm.....can't seem to find it.......) :dunno:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron (Post 8243257)
I know this is technically OT

NHL OT, OK. See "updated" revised policies. :thumbu:

Shadowtron 02-25-2007 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. (Post 8243289)
(looks up and down wishlist for "Tkachuk"......hmmmm.....can't seem to find it.......) :dunno:



NHL OT, OK. See "updated" revised policies. :thumbu:

Can't seem to find him on mine either.

natureboy* 02-25-2007 09:31 AM

the blues got a lot back for him.

RangerBoy 02-25-2007 09:47 AM

John extracted the bounty he wanted for Fatchuk.Good for John

Of course,our nimrod GM said the prices would come down as the trading deadline day got closer and closer.It's that type of analysis why the Rangers are headed towards their fifth non-playoff spring under the tenure of Slats:damnpc:

Dagoon44 02-25-2007 09:50 AM

WOW Jagr can fetch 3 firsts and a player with what the Blues got for a washed up has been

eco's bones 02-25-2007 09:56 AM

Didn't want him anyway. Atlanta has given up a lot in the last couple days--if it they don't make the playoffs or get bounced early.:dunno:

ATLANTARANGER* 02-25-2007 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 8243492)
John extracted the bounty he wanted for Fatchuk.Good for John

Of course,our nimrod GM said the prices would come down as the trading deadline day got closer and closer.It's that type of analysis why the Rangers are headed towards their fifth non-playoff spring under the tenure of Slats:damnpc:

Nice trade for STL. Good to see that we resisted again. There is hope yet. We need to stand pat and try and trade some of the vets off this team who have had their chance and failed. we have to establish a requirement that we will pay you a fair market price, but in return if you are a vet you have to produce up to the standards that earned you that contract, otherwise we will ship your butt out at the first available trade.

ATLANTARANGER* 02-25-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco's bones (Post 8243557)
Didn't want him anyway. Atlanta has given up a lot in the last couple days--if it they don't make the playoffs or get bounced early.:dunno:

I was hoping for a 1st & Coburn for Nylander. Either Coburn has slipped badly or Atlanta grossly overpaid.

jas 02-25-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER (Post 8243755)
I was hoping for a 1st & Coburn for Nylander. Either Coburn has slipped badly or Atlanta grossly overpaid.

He had been sent to the AHL recently. I wonder he dip slip in Waddell's eyes, or, if Waddell just that desperate to make the POs?

ATLANTARANGER* 02-25-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 8243780)
He had been sent to the AHL recently. I wonder he dip slip in Waddell's eyes, or, if Waddell just that desperate to make the POs?

We will certainly find out as we will get to see him quite often now.

eco's bones 02-25-2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 8243780)
He had been sent to the AHL recently. I wonder he dip slip in Waddell's eyes, or, if Waddell just that desperate to make the POs?

A defenseman with size like that--you got to give him time. Thinking it took Beuk about 5 seasons to really make it.

ATLANTARANGER* 02-25-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco's bones (Post 8243962)
A defenseman with size like that--you got to give him time. Thinking it took Beuk about 5 seasons to really make it.

Good thing Beuk started his career in Edmonton and not in NY with the NYRs because he would never have made it playing for us as a younster. I can't wait to see the criticism of Staal over the next few years from our fan base. You know it will be coming.

Inferno 02-25-2007 11:35 AM

overpayment to the millionth degree.

lundy 02-25-2007 12:14 PM

I'm loving this,thank you J.D. I bet the team getting Guerin pays just as much, if not more,and I wouldn't be suprised if it's the Isles making the move. As a Ranger fan,just gotta sit back and watch J.D. pillage the Eastern Conference for youth at the deadline,and hope Sather stays away.

in the hall 02-25-2007 12:25 PM

Atlanta is looking really dangerous

gaels22 02-25-2007 12:52 PM

why would atlanta trade coburn for zhitnik

coolbean04 02-25-2007 01:04 PM

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!

We should just trade Jagr, Nylander, Straka, Cullen, and any other veteran that's worth anything.

With the way teams are throwing draft picks around on players.

We can get 3+ 1st rounders and prospects for Jagr, Nylander can fetch at least a 1st, hell if Keith can get 2 1st rounders and mid round picks. I'm sure Straka and Cullen can probably fetch 2nd rounders.

Play a bunch of kids while they're getting experience and we're improving our draft pick in a deep draft.

Then we have money freed up to go after guys like Drury, Briere, Datsyuk, Tucker, Gomez, Rafalski, etc.


Possibly in the offseason, 1st line center sign Drury/Briere/Datsyk (one of them), sign Tucker to be the 2nd line center if he's cheap and not a long term contract.

Anthony Mauro 02-25-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbean04 (Post 8244847)
Holy Crap!!!!!!!!

We should just trade Jagr, Nylander, Straka, Cullen, and any other veteran that's worth anything.

With the way teams are throwing draft picks around on players.

We can get 3+ 1st rounders and prospects for Jagr, Nylander can fetch at least a 1st, hell if Keith can get 2 1st rounders and mid round picks. I'm sure Straka and Cullen can probably fetch 2nd rounders.

Play a bunch of kids while they're getting experience and we're improving our draft pick in a deep draft.

Then we have money freed up to go after guys like Drury, Briere, Datsyuk, Tucker, Gomez, Rafalski, etc.


Possibly in the offseason, 1st line center sign Drury/Briere/Datsyk (one of them), sign Tucker to be the 2nd line center if he's cheap and not a long term contract.

Tucker, Drury, Hartnell, and Hannan are all players I'd really be interested in. Except the last two might be re-signed easily.

I think San Jose is a perfect place to drop Jagr. They have nice youth on the roster and in their system. The only thing is I don't know if they can take Jagr's cap hit.

coolbean04 02-25-2007 01:26 PM

damn, my edit post didn't come out.

I'd like the team to be

Shanny-Drury-?
Prucha-Tucker-Avery
Dupuis-?-Hossa
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

If we don't resign Dupuis, then maybe have Hossa at LW and Callahan on the RW. The 3rd line center could be a fight between Immonen and Dubinsky. Hossa has been playing well on the 1st line lately but I don't think he's a 1st line material.

I REALLY like the 2nd line. It's a high energy line that can score and create a lot of PP chances. Prucha also gets punished a lot by other teams and with him playing with two other physical players. I don't think he'll get beat up as much. I'd like to sign Tucker to a 2 year deal and hopefully he's not that expensive. He has had injuries so I don't want any longterm contract with him.

I like the 4th line a lot too. They showed they can be effective together while having enforcers in the lineup.

coolbean04 02-25-2007 01:33 PM

I also forgot to say that I'd give Shanny the "C".

Edge 02-25-2007 01:43 PM

Atlanta looks good, but man is that a heck of a price to play for a guy who I can easily see disappearing as easily as he lights it up, especially in the playoffs.

pld459666 02-25-2007 01:44 PM

.
 
with the prices being paid for these guys I'm really concerned about the thoughts process for Sather and the rest of Management

they can really justify moving a 1st rounder by saying that that is the going rate for adding key pieces for a PO run.

Thie is really concerning

nyranger61494 02-25-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge (Post 8245603)
Atlanta looks good, but man is that a heck of a price to play for a guy who I can easily see disappearing as easily as he lights it up, especially in the playoffs.

Yep. But at the same time, very understandable move. Waddell guaranteed the playoffs last year and the team led the division for nearly half of this season. This team really needs to make the playoffs for the fanbase's sake, Waddell probably overpaid a little with that as a factor.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.