HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Official Non-Ranger Trade Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=350936)

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-26-2007 08:46 AM

Official Non-Ranger Trade Thread
 
With the trade deadline drawing neigh (tomorrow at 3 ET), please use this thread to talk about all non-Ranger trades. Other threads will be deleted.

Thanks.

UAGoalieGuy 02-26-2007 12:06 PM

Gary Roberts to the Pens (If he waives his no trade clause) No details on who else is involved. (seems like a big mess though and might not gp through)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5810

Modin has also re-signed with the Jackets (3 year deal)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197770&hubname=nhl

Finest 02-26-2007 03:11 PM

Has anyone else been kind of disapointed with the lack of movement this close to the deadline? Granted there is still a lot of time left, but it seems dead. :dunno:

UAGoalieGuy 02-26-2007 03:31 PM

Richard Zednik to the Islanders for a 2nd round pick in 2007

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5818

nyranger61494 02-26-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 8263560)
Richard Zednik to the Islanders for a 2nd round pick in 2007

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5818

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/pres...ve.asp?id=1436

The Rangers are really going to regret it if they don't trade Nylander, Ward, Rachunek or any other tradeable roster players with these types of deals throughout the league.

UAGoalieGuy 02-26-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyranger61494 (Post 8263687)
http://www.newyorkislanders.com/pres...ve.asp?id=1436

The Rangers are really going to regret it if they don't trade Nylander, Ward, Rachunek or any other tradeable roster players with these types of deals throughout the league.

If Sather decides to sell, it def. is a HUGE sellers market. The Rangers could easily get a 1st rounder and a solid prospect for Nylander at this point.

nyranger61494 02-26-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 8263721)
If Sather decides to sell, it def. is a HUGE sellers market. The Rangers could easily get a 1st rounder and a solid prospect for Nylander at this point.

Not only that, Rivet fetched a 1st rounder and Zednik a 2nd rder which leads me to believe that Ward could bring back at least a 2nd rd pick and even a Rachunek could bring back a midlevel prospect and/or a mid round pick. I really wish the purge of 04 happened in this market...

Inferno 02-26-2007 03:51 PM

we could make a fortune off of Nylander Straka Ward Rachunek even Rozsival Betts Cullen etc.

if i were GM id be in super sell mode.

Fotiu22 02-26-2007 03:54 PM

Islanders trade for Zednick
 
sent a 2nd round 2007 to Washington

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline...trade_deadline

GarretJoseph* 02-26-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 8263926)
we could make a fortune off of Nylander Straka Ward Rachunek even Rozsival Betts Cullen etc.

if i were GM id be in super sell mode.

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

Is Sather really up in Edmonton over the whole Messier jersey thing?

Nich 02-26-2007 03:57 PM

start selling glen!!!!

Nich 02-26-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarretJoseph (Post 8264018)
Yeah my thoughts exactly.

Is Sather really up in Edmonton over the whole Messier jersey thing?

and yes he is

Inferno 02-26-2007 03:58 PM

for the good of this franchise its time to go into selling mode....and let me say this, even IF we sold off a ton of vets, im not convinced we would actually be worse off. There are a lot of kids in Hartford who are ready. I wouldnt be surprised if we actually finished the season with a winning record over the next 20 games if we went into a deep sell mode.

GarretJoseph* 02-26-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 8264043)
and yes he is

He does know its the deadline right.... RIGHT?

UAGoalieGuy 02-26-2007 04:03 PM

Smolinski to Vancouver (Almost completed)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5822

EDIT: Looks like it's for a 2nd round pick

Inferno 02-26-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 8264164)
Smolinski to Vancouver (Almost completed)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5822

if thats true, thats good news for those of us wanting the team to be sellers, Smolinski is one of the guys i expected Glen to be going after.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-26-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 8264164)
Smolinski to Vancouver (Almost completed)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5822

There's the starting point for Nylander offers.

Nich 02-26-2007 04:11 PM

watch, we'll wait till tomorrow and get 1/2 of whatever they get for smolinski

NYR94 02-26-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 8264283)
if thats true, thats good news for those of us wanting the team to be sellers, Smolinski is one of the guys i expected Glen to be going after.

So did I. Was a 2nd round pick too much in Sather's mind for Smolinski? Or are the Rangers standing pat this deadline?

GarretJoseph* 02-26-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR94 (Post 8264371)
So did I. Was a 2nd round pick too much in Sather's mind for Smolinski? Or are the Rangers standing pat this deadline?

Nylander should fetch us a first, 3rd & a top prospect.

UAGoalieGuy 02-26-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarretJoseph (Post 8264415)
Nylander should fetch us a first, 3rd & a top prospect.

If Singin is right and smolinsky would be a benchmark in a deal for Nylander, than the Rangers would probably get just a 1st and a prospect.

NYR94 02-26-2007 04:20 PM

Well now the Trade Rumors board is saying the Smolinski deal isn't official yet...hasn't gone down. So maybe he's still available.

Nich 02-26-2007 04:20 PM

but a really good prospect

nylander >>>>> smolinski

GarretJoseph* 02-26-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 8264484)
If Singin is right and smolinsky would be a benchmark in a deal for Nylander, than the Rangers would probably get just a 1st and a prospect.

I dunno, just looking at the stats ALONE, I would have to say Nylander will bring in a nice return.

Michael Nylander, C 59gp 19g 46a 65pts
Bryan Smolinski, C 62gp 14g 23a 37pts

Geogaddi 02-26-2007 04:23 PM

They'll also say that theres a "Jagr Effect" to those points

But the Market is Crazy. So Who knows right now.

I like Nylander, Hope to not see him traded, bc of the Chemistry that he has With Jagr and Straka.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.