HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Soo who is left? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=351336)

blueliner94 02-26-2007 07:18 PM

Soo who is left?

Seems like alot of people are going . A few names that I heard the rangers had interest. If what Brooks and Sam are rite about not being sellers then who is left for us to pick up or are we just standing still ?

BigE 02-26-2007 07:42 PM

Personally, I'll be happy when Billy Guerin goes. One less opportunity for us to SERIOUSLY overpay.

blueliner94 02-26-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigE (Post 8269249)
Personally, I'll be happy when Billy Guerin goes. One less opportunity for us to SERIOUSLY overpay.

I could not agree with you more. Unless we make a good trade ( not over pay) for Horton I dont mind standing still its better then getting an over the hill vet. I want to sell a few players but I dont see that happining

Brian Boyle 02-26-2007 07:51 PM

Todd Bertuzzi is a guy I see as likely at this point. It seems Sather has been interested in him for a while now, and his salary may make it harder for some other teams to fit him in.

while he's about my least favorite player, he's the type of high-reward move I wouldn't mind (though staying put would be better).

blueliner94 02-26-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 8269409)
Todd Bertuzzi is a guy I see as likely at this point. It seems Sather has been interested in him for a while now, and his salary may make it harder for some other teams to fit him in.

while he's about my least favorite player, he's the type of high-reward move I wouldn't mind (though staying put would be better).

Yea good point, where can we see him play 1st line or 2nd and have Avery to the 3rd that would not be a bad One two punch with a bit of sting on the 3rd but i still have doubts a move like that could help us make the playoffs. Myabe /shrug

Janerixon 02-26-2007 08:01 PM

Roenick, stumpel, chris gratton, and zubrus are all still out there, so its very possible sather is working on a bigger move and thats why krog was waived

i am not sure what he doing, if he wants to add another scorer or a defensemen or both, i expect he makes a trade or two, i see him goin for stumpel

Brian Boyle 02-26-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueliner94 (Post 8269569)
Yea good point, where can we see him play 1st line or 2nd and have Avery to the 3rd that would not be a bad One two punch with a bit of sting on the 3rd but i still have doubts a move like that could help us make the playoffs. Myabe /shrug

Bob McKenzie just mentioned that he thinks Bertuzzi will be traded to the Rangers, Ducks or Wings

BDubinskyNYR17* 02-26-2007 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 8271542)
Bob McKenzie just mentioned that he thinks Bertuzzi will be traded to the Rangers, Ducks or Wings

aint he still hurt. I hope he made a mistake and meant Jokinen, Horton or even Gratton. Bertuzzi would cost alot and Prucha would be involved. I would move Prucha for Jokinen or Horton but def not Bertuzzi.

g52* 02-26-2007 10:03 PM

Im actually not looking at who is left. Im looking at how many guys we can get rid off from this roster.

Janerixon 02-26-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g52 (Post 8272637)
Im actually not looking at who is left. Im looking at how many guys we can get rid off from this roster.

thats not gonna happen, sather is not gonna break up the team, for better or worse. I am not saying we should add anybody, but renney is saying we need help, if sather goes out and gets renney another player or two, without giving up key prospects and picks, he did all he can and renney is on the hook for missing the playoffs not sather, renney can be fired or moved to a different position, sather keeps his job and goes about his business as usual

we will add a player or two tommorrow

frozenrubber 02-26-2007 10:26 PM

Trade Deadline

I will say, regardless of how abysmal Ranger teams were in the last decade, trading deadline day was ALWAYS FUN.

Damn you salary cap...you made being a Ranger fan boring.

While the prices paid this year have been steep, the price will go down w/ demand. A few teams are now out of the bidding war. In trying to get a kings ransom for Nylander, he had to be available for bidding. The Rangers did not do this.

Brian Boyle 02-26-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHall18NYR (Post 8272529)
aint he still hurt. I hope he made a mistake and meant Jokinen, Horton or even Gratton. Bertuzzi would cost alot and Prucha would be involved. I would move Prucha for Jokinen or Horton but def not Bertuzzi.

no he was definetly talking about Bertuzzi. he also said that Florida wouldn't command a whole lot for him.

BKBlackRanger 02-26-2007 10:36 PM

I say we get Bertuzzi..at leaset when someone runs Jagr that person will get a punch to the back of the head and out of hockey= no one will touch 68 :)

BigE 02-26-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon (Post 8272773)
thats not gonna happen, sather is not gonna break up the team, for better or worse. I am not saying we should add anybody, but renney is saying we need help, if sather goes out and gets renney another player or two, without giving up key prospects and picks, he did all he can and renney is on the hook for missing the playoffs not sather, renney can be fired or moved to a different position, sather keeps his job and goes about his business as usual

we will add a player or two tommorrow

Fire Renney? Very unlikely.

eco's bones 02-27-2007 01:12 AM

One place Jagr might go without an argument is back to Pitt to play on Crosby's wing? Jordan Staal anyone?:D

True Blue Bleed Blue 02-27-2007 10:07 PM

Dawes, Callahan, Lessard, Byers, Korpikoski, Staal, Baranka, Liffiton

dank 02-27-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue (Post 8290472)
Dawes, Callahan, Lessard, Byers, Korpikoski, Staal, Baranka, Liffiton

Bourret :)