HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   salary (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=35150)

john doe 12-11-2003 06:15 AM

salary

I want to know when the contract of dackel, juneau, brisebois, rivet sundstrum, dykhuis and traverse will be over? I heard most of them will be free agent at the end of the year and we should let them go...
We have great kids in the farm club that can replace them in any time!
Maybe we can resign Brisebois for 2M instead of 4 but not more.
So we will have more money to spend on a good free agent or on a trade.

BigM1ke 12-11-2003 06:28 AM

Dackell, Juneau and Sunny all end this year I think.

Don't know for the others.... except that Brisebois' one doesn't end for sure this year.

Habsolution 12-11-2003 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john doe
I want to know when the contract of dackel, juneau, brisebois, rivet sundstrum, dykhuis and traverse will be over? I heard most of them will be free agent at the end of the year and we should let them go...
We have great kids in the farm club that can replace them in any time!
Maybe we can resign Brisebois for 2M instead of 4 but not more.
So we will have more money to spend on a good free agent or on a trade.

Going by memory

next summer UFAs and RFAs are : Dackell(U), Juneau(U), Sundstrom(R), Dykhuis (U).

in 2 summers : Traverse. (also I think we can use the 1M buyout option to release Breezer and not pay the last year of his contract)

in 3 summers : Breezer

in 4 summers : Rivet

I'm not 100% sure though.

Here's a pretty extensive resume of the contract situation of habs players at 2 Minutes for Boarding :

2 Minutes For Boarding Contract Situation Thread

BigM1ke 12-11-2003 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolution
in 2 summers : Traverse. (also I think we can use the 1M buyout option to release Breezer and not pay the last year of his contract)

Are you serious?? You want to buy the contract of Brisebois and release him? Or you made a mistake and were talking about Patty Traverse?

Habsolution 12-11-2003 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big M1ke
Are you serious?? You want to buy the contract of Brisebois and release him? Or you made a mistake and were talking about Patty Traverse?

I never said we should use it. I said we have the possibility of using it.

That being said since you brought up this subject here's what I think.

Brisebois has played much better this year. He has been a vital part of the habs D this season. I've never seen Breezer play like that because he was never put in the same situation (less pressure, no booing, GMing and coaching staff support, etc). That being said I still believe that Breezer is overpaid at 4M. Under a new CBA this contract could be a killer. I hope that Gainey buy him out and can somehow convince him to resign with us at a cheaper price that would be more representative of his true worth. Kinda like what they did with Kilger last off season. If you use the 1M buyout option and sign him to a new 2M contract (over 2-3 years) you save 1M each year and your payroll is less big so it doesn't hurt as much if there's a cap.

As for Patty Traverse ... hell yeah buy him out !

eddy 12-11-2003 06:48 AM

Quote:

next summer UFAs and RFAs are : Dackell(U), Juneau(U), Sundstrom(R), Dykhuis (U).

2 Minutes For Boarding Contract Situation Thread

Of those 4 the one I wouldn't mind re-signing is Sundstrom. What about Blouin and Dwyer, with Langdon there kind of usless now, when do their contracts end?

Habsolution 12-11-2003 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy
Of those 4 the one I wouldn't mind re-signing is Sundstrom. What about Blouin and Dwyer, with Langdon there kind of usless now, when do their contracts end?

I think Langdon is a necessary negative. What I mean is that we have better hockey players than Langdon but I get the feeling that his presence help our small forwards feel more secure on the ice. Which is an important intangible IMHO. Also he's the most effective goon we've had since .. I can't remember when.

As for Blouin and Dwyer, at the very least one of them should be let go. My personal choice is Blouin. He's the most heartless ineffective goon I've ever seen. At least Dwyer is willing to drop 'em even though he never wins any fight. But I'm all for finding a better AHL goon for our farm team if a cheap opportunity presents itself.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the habs resign sundstrom. But not at his current salary. I'd not cough up more than a million for a guy like that.

eddy 12-11-2003 07:01 AM

Quote:

I also wouldn't mind seeing the habs resign sundstrom. But not at his current salary. I'd not cough up more than a million for a guy like that.

Yes agreed, i'd like to re-sign him but definetly for a lower price then his current contract. So Blouin and Dwyer's contracts extend beyond this year and would have to be bought-out to get rid of?

Habsolution 12-11-2003 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy
Yes agreed, i'd like to re-sign him but definetly for a lower price then his current contract. So Blouin and Dwyer's contracts extend beyond this year and would have to be bought-out to get rid of?

Again I'd like to point you out to the 2 Minutes for Boarding thread on current contract situations.

Status of current habs players' contracts (2 Minutes for boarding)

In that same thread scroll down to my post you'll see a detailed resumee of what happened this summer since Bob Gainey got the GM job. (I'd personally bookmark it if I were you there is some pretty useful info in there ;) ). You will not find all the info you need but pretty much 95% of what you're looking for about contracts is in that thread.

Quote:

04/08/03 - Habs re-sign RFA forward and enforcer Gordie Dwyer to a 2 years deal (1st year = 484 000$, 2nd = ? )

I think the deal is a 1 way deal.

As for Blouin I think his contract is up next summer. I'm not 100% sure though.

BigM1ke 12-11-2003 07:44 AM

Quote:

I never said we should use it. I said we have the possibility of using it.

That being said since you brought up this subject here's what I think.

Brisebois has played much better this year. He has been a vital part of the habs D this season. I've never seen Breezer play like that because he was never put in the same situation (less pressure, no booing, GMing and coaching staff support, etc). That being said I still believe that Breezer is overpaid at 4M. Under a new CBA this contract could be a killer. I hope that Gainey buy him out and can somehow convince him to resign with us at a cheaper price that would be more representative of his true worth. Kinda like what they did with Kilger last off season. If you use the 1M buyout option and sign him to a new 2M contract (over 2-3 years) you save 1M each year and your payroll is less big so it doesn't hurt as much if there's a cap.

As for Patty Traverse ... hell yeah buy him out !

I agree with you. He's truly overpaid at 4M$... But I doubt he'll accept to resign with a lower salary though.

And sorry I didn't read carefully your first post :)

Habsolution 12-11-2003 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big M1ke
I agree with you. He's truly overpaid at 4M$... But I doubt he'll accept to resign with a lower salary though.

Probably not at first glance but it depends on how the matter is brought up and what the offer is. I think Brisebois wants to finish his career here. He's a Quebecer and he is already very rich. I think he's very grateful with the support Gainey gave him before the season on the boo birds matter. I think he respects the management more than ever before. I think the habs are on the right track to become a better team but also a younger one. In such a scenario some homegrown veterans are needed for stability and for other intangibles. Brisebois is still a good dman at 32 years of age. He still has some good seasons ahead of him. Dmen hit their prime later than forwards and can keep a relatively high level of play for a longer time too. Brisebois could still help the habs (with reduced responsabilities every year as he gets older) until he is 36-37. Right now his contract will be over when he's 34. At this point the habs will start being a lot more competitive IMO. I don't think Brisebois will want to leave.

Considering all of this. If Gainey buys out his contract with the 1M option. And then offers Brisebois a 2M contract until he's 36-37. Considering what Gainey did for Brisebois, considering the fact he wants to play here, considering the fact he's already rich, considering the extra years added to the contract, he might want to do just that.

Would that be a good move ? I don't know. Maybe Brisebois would feel offended with such a proposal. Maybe Meehan would convince him not to do this. Maybe Gainey won't want to do that for other reasons. I guess I'd like to see such commitment to the team from Breezer though.

BigM1ke 12-11-2003 08:10 AM

Quote:

Probably not at first glance but it depends on how the matter is brought up and what the offer is. I think Brisebois wants to finish his career here. He's a Quebecer and he is already very rich. I think he's very grateful with the support Gainey gave him before the season on the boo birds matter. I think he respects the management more than ever before. I think the habs are on the right track to become a better team but also a younger one. In such a scenario some homegrown veterans are needed for stability and for other intangibles. Brisebois is still a good dman at 32 years of age. He still has some good seasons ahead of him. Dmen hit their prime later than forwards and can keep a relatively high level of play for a longer time too. Brisebois could still help the habs (with reduced responsabilities every year as he gets older) until he is 36-37. Right now his contract will be over when he's 34. At this point the habs will start being a lot more competitive IMO. I don't think Brisebois will want to leave.

Considering all of this. If Gainey buys out his contract with the 1M option. And then offers Brisebois a 2M contract until he's 36-37. Considering what Gainey did for Brisebois, considering the fact he wants to play here, considering the fact he's already rich, considering the extra years added to the contract, he might want to do just that.

Would that be a good move ? I don't know. Maybe Brisebois would feel offended with such a proposal. Maybe Meehan would convince him not to do this. Maybe Gainey won't want to do that for other reasons. I guess I'd like to see such commitment to the team from Breezer though.

Well you may be right on that one. It would be very nice to see Brisebois accept a deal like this... Let's just wish it will happen even if I still have alot of doubts about it.

Russeltown 12-11-2003 09:16 AM

http://membres.lycos.fr/synisawake/traverse5.jpg

He's tha man! :yo:

BigM1ke 12-11-2003 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sYn

hahaha