HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Bertuzzi to DRW (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=351758)

CCCP 02-27-2007 02:18 PM

Bertuzzi to DRW

Nice!!!!!!!!

kira 02-27-2007 03:37 PM

A lot of people know there is no love lost between me and Todd Bertuzzi. This goes back a long time. I will swallow my hatred and accept the inevitable.

BUT he better damned well PROVE to me that he deserves to wear the Red and White. That means bringing it EVERY NIGHT - not when you feel like it, not when the mood strikes you. EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. No exceptions.

Until he can PROVE to me that he has earned it, the jury will stay out.

Fugu 02-27-2007 04:15 PM

woooooot!!!!! I like this deal. I heard Bert interviewed on TSN and he sounded pretty happy to be going to a team like the Wings. He mentioned looking forward to playing exceptional players, like Nick, Dats, and Z and said he really appreciated the opportunity the Wings were giving him.

Welcome to Detroit, Todd. Really close to home too.

Borlag 02-27-2007 04:39 PM

From Yzerman, the classiest guy in hockey, to Bert in one year...

HockeyinHD 02-27-2007 06:23 PM

Bertuzzi for Mathias a 1st and a 2nd, assuming the Wings win a CUp and retain him.

Bertuzzi for Mattias and a 3rd if the go nowhere and let him go.

Talk about your highly reasonable deals. Wow.

hdw 02-27-2007 06:28 PM

Maybe be wise from a hockey side.

But he leaves me with a sour taste anyway.

I'm not buying a Bertie DRW jersey just yet ...

Heaton 02-27-2007 06:42 PM

:clap: :clap: Holland!

I love it.

guinness 02-27-2007 06:52 PM

I like the deal, as it's cheap, and as long as Bert can stay healthy and not do something boneheaded.

Ricelund 02-27-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borlag (Post 8282927)
From Yzerman, the classiest guy in hockey, to Bert in one year...

:shakehead

Were you a Probert fan?

This is a great deal. No risk and all reward. Holland did a great job this deadline.

Higgy4 02-27-2007 06:53 PM

Hard to not like this deal (although I suspect SMOE will twist it in his usual negative way). Holland did a nice job with all of the "conditional stuff".

If Bertuzzi is healthy, happy and wants to win a cup, this could be a great deal for the Wings. Judging from the interview he gave, he sounds ECSTATIC to be coming here.

And people...put aside the hate. Bertuzzi has always been one of those guys that you hate when he is on the other team. But guess what? He's on this team now. Its time to embrace the giant.

GuloGulo 02-27-2007 06:55 PM

I f-n love this.
Two days ago we had Jason Williams.
Now we have Kyle Calder and Todd Bertuzzi.

Whatever happens, Holland did pull of some pretty amazing asset swaps.

Hensta 02-27-2007 06:58 PM

Yeah Baby! Bertuzzi! And the price was cheap! Please no more injuries for Todd...Or maybe on August :D

Thanks Holland&Co.

ALF AmericanLionsFan 02-27-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arice89 (Post 8283681)
:shakehead

Were you a Probert fan?

This is a great deal. No risk and all reward. Holland did a great job this deadline.

I'm not a Bertuzzi fan,but I agree. Holland added what was needed. I wonder if they talked to Cheli?:dunno:

QuickDynamite 02-27-2007 07:01 PM

I think Bertuzzi will be a great fit with the Red Wings. It's going to be weird seeing him in that uniform.

hdw 02-27-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgy4 (Post 8283702)
Bertuzzi has always been one of those guys that you hate when he is on the other team.

I don't hate him, I just despise him for being a thug. No matter on what team he plays.

shveik 02-27-2007 07:04 PM

Bert was my 1st choice as a deadline acquisition, and I think Holland got quite a bargain for him (although I expect both conditional picks to be 1sts). I am pumped for the 1st playoff round for sure.

As a side note I would love to see Bert bring it to Pronger in the playoffs. I give Pronger 2 games to lose his mental balance and keep making mistakes and spend 6+ minutes per night in the penalty box.:yo:

ALF AmericanLionsFan 02-27-2007 07:05 PM

Well, it's a nice deal,but anyone know when he might actually play? He was supposed to debut again for the Panthers like the past few weeks,but has yet to play? Anyone hear anything?

Howard35 02-27-2007 07:11 PM

great deal... heres to hoping hes healthy and him and dats resign soon!

FDBluth 02-27-2007 07:26 PM

As a Canucks fans I want to congratulate you guys on landing Bertuzzi. He's had issues in the past, but he is a good guy and he wants to win. Hopefully he'll get healthy and help you guys out. The skill set that he brings is unmatched by almost anyone in the league.

norrisnick 02-27-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Galvin (Post 8283906)
I'm not a Bertuzzi fan,but I agree. Holland added what was needed. I wonder if they talked to Cheli?:dunno:

Chelios has been lobbying on Bertuzzi's behalf. I guarantee that he's THRILLED to have Todd on his team. And likewise that Todd is thrilled to be on a team with Chelios. They're big boys. They'll get along just fine.

And Bert was on the radio earlier and apparently Cheli had already sent him an email. Said Cheli wants to room with him on the road. :biglaugh:

PapaBear* 02-27-2007 07:35 PM

Wonder if he will play with Z or Dats - either way I see him regaining his old 45+G form if he sticks with the wings past this year.

norrisnick 02-27-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Galvin (Post 8284045)
Well, it's a nice deal,but anyone know when he might actually play? He was supposed to debut again for the Panthers like the past few weeks,but has yet to play? Anyone hear anything?

He's been skating for 2-3 weeks now and apparently he's really close. He probably could play now, but since the Wings are where they are they're not going to rush him. Let him get to 100% and then he can play all out and be truly effective and also be less likely to hurt himself.

Kenny seems of the mind that the middle of March might be a good return date. I think that would leave like 10 games or so. Should work.

Shoalzie 02-27-2007 07:56 PM

Both trades didn't cost them an arm and a leg and both guys should help the team a great deal. Getting Bert was a risk and I'm not a big fan of what he did in the past but if he's able to go into that dressing room and fit in and stick up for his teammates, he can win me over quickly.

ALF AmericanLionsFan 02-27-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norrisnick (Post 8284848)
He's been skating for 2-3 weeks now and apparently he's really close. He probably could play now, but since the Wings are where they are they're not going to rush him. Let him get to 100% and then he can play all out and be truly effective and also be less likely to hurt himself.

Kenny seems of the mind that the middle of March might be a good return date. I think that would leave like 10 games or so. Should work.

Wow, mid March? Thought he was really close to returning... I guess if it means that he will be a hundred percent or close to it then that is the route to go. And Cheli's comments......:yo: I love that guy:D

MotownMadman 02-27-2007 08:07 PM

Like others have said, I have hesitencies based on the Moore incident.

Thinking about it solely on hockey performance, my one concern is whether we gave up Matthias for another Uwe Krupp.

But like others have said, the cost is reasonable considering what the Sharks paid for Guerin and the Thrashers have paid for, well, all the players they've required.