HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   JD Ceremony/Tribute (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=352918)

frozenrubber 03-01-2007 03:28 PM

JD Ceremony/Tribute

From the latest Blueshirt Extra email:

You'll want to be in your seat by 1 p.m. to witness a very special pre-game ceremony organized by the Rangers organization. Although the nature of the planned ceremony is a surprise and can't be mentioned in advance, it's an event you won't want to miss and should make this game even more memorable. The ceremony begins promptly at 1 p.m.

Most certainly it will be for JD as this is his first return to the Garden. Anyone care to speculate what the organization will give him. I'm guessing a silver mustache comb...

dank 03-01-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenrubber (Post 8319356)
Anyone care to speculate what the organization will give him. I'm guessing a silver mustache comb...

+ 1st Round draft pick and Marek Malik.

i think he has been doing very very well in St. Louis and has actually been nominated for 'Executive of the Year'. the least he'll get is a stirring round of applause and a box of Kleenex.

Finest 03-01-2007 03:43 PM

maybe they will give him a doghouse and above the opening they will have a sign that says "chateu bow wow" :dunno:

Bluenote13 03-01-2007 03:56 PM

Gold goalie mask with 'Oh baby' on one side, and 'The Rangers win the faceoff...' on the other. ;)

SPG 03-01-2007 05:39 PM

Watching the Rangers on TV without JD hasn't been the same. I'm glad he's a GM in the West as opposed to the Eastern Conference...

The Thomas J.* 03-01-2007 06:49 PM

He should be acknowledged. I was not as devestated to see him leave as many others were. JD was too much of a homer, I like how Micheletti is very honest with the way the Team plays. I can Understand JD wants everyone to like him, so he towed the "Garden line" by not being critical & putting on a happy face.

Fletch 03-01-2007 07:20 PM

Does JD...

typically travel with the team? It's the Blues' first trip, but unlike coaches, President's do not often travel (unless it's for a special occasion, of course).

Geogaddi 03-01-2007 07:45 PM

Fletch...I've seen JD at a couple other Blues Games away from home. So im guessing he likes to take the GM way of Traveling with the team at times.

BRONX_MADNESS* 03-01-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 (Post 8319640)
maybe they will give him a doghouse and above the opening they will have a sign that says "chateu bow wow" :dunno:

LMAOOOOOO

The Thomas J.* 03-01-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 8323214)
typically travel with the team? It's the Blues' first trip, but unlike coaches, President's do not often travel (unless it's for a special occasion, of course).

I've heard that he often travels with the team. He is taking the opposite approach of our GM. JD is hands on.

WheresBarnaby 03-01-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 (Post 8319640)

Nice! lol.

Anyone going to to the game? Just got tickets I'll be bleeding in 424.

ECL 03-01-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 8323214)

JD's been handling the day-to-day GM duties. He has a double role right now.

frozenrubber 03-01-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription (Post 8326390)
JD's been handling the day-to-day GM duties. He has a double role right now.

While still a major element of everything that comes from the Blues organization, I still have not read anywhere downplaying Larry Pleau's input/control.

ECL 03-01-2007 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenrubber (Post 8327427)
While still a major element of everything that comes from the Blues organization, I still have not read anywhere downplaying Larry Pleau's input/control.

Larry's wife apparently has cancer or something and he's been tending to her for quite some time while JD has been overseeing day to day operations. As far as I know it's still going on and has been happening for a while now.

Inferno 03-01-2007 10:41 PM

im greatly looking forward to this game. JD is a class act as far as im concerned, and ill be applauding him from my couch at home. best in the business, and he deserves all the accolades hes going to get.

nickrOck 03-01-2007 11:01 PM

i figured all along they would do something for him when the blues came to town.. how could they not, it would be a real slap in the face.. he deserves it, he was great for the game when he was broadcasting.. brought lots of insight, and honestly i never saw him as a homer.. he called it how it was..

ATLANTARANGER* 03-02-2007 05:19 AM

Good to see JD cutting his teeth, this way when Slats retires, or dies, which ever comes first, JD should get the call from the garden to come home and run the organization as its president.

Bluenote13 03-02-2007 11:56 AM

While alot of hockey announcers went the route of WWF type color analysis, JD stuck to his guns and stayed professional and classy doing a job he loved for a sport/team he loved.

nickrOck 03-02-2007 12:07 PM

good interview on MSG NY w/. JD last night..

Finest 03-02-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickrOck (Post 8333883)

I agree but he looks like he has aged alot since he left. :amazed:

SPG 03-02-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 (Post 8334163)

It happens... he's in his mid 50's.

SPG 03-02-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickrOck (Post 8333883)

Yeah that was great. I'm glad I caught that. I love the footage of JD frantically running out of the MSG network studio with his briefcase so he could catch the end of the 94 victory parade.

danno2530 03-02-2007 12:52 PM

Sweet. I'll be at this game..it will be great to see JD back at The Garden although I sort of wish he was our GM considering how well he's done with the Blues.

nickrOck 03-02-2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPG (Post 8334388)
Yeah that was great. I'm glad I caught that. I love the footage of JD frantically running out of the MSG network studio with his briefcase so he could catch the end of the 94 victory parade.

that was hillarious, they ran outta there like it was a bomb scare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 (Post 8334163)

i said the samething to myself i was like damn i know he was lacking some hair up top, but it's all grey now..

RangerBoy 03-02-2007 01:45 PM

Of course John has aged being an exec.His current position has much more stress than his previous broadcasting positions.Before John's biggest worry was making sure his tee times were lined up.Now he has troubles and issues coming out of the wazoo