HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ref complaining: A catch-all thread! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=353021)

EvilCorporateLawyer 03-01-2007 09:50 PM

Ref complaining: A catch-all thread!

That call by Spada on Betts cost us the game, as far as I'm concerned.

The team had all the momentum and a powerplay to seal the deal possibly.

I don't understand how this goes from hockey to becoming the NFL. We had control of the puck for a good 3 seconds after the contact Betts had with Fleury.

Fleury is nearly 6 or 7 feet out of the effing net going right into Bett's path. What the hell is Betts supposed to do?

Spada has shown his true colors, AFAIC. The guy has a clear bias against our team and he should be reprimanded and not allowed to ref the Rangers games from this point on.

rickyrod 03-01-2007 09:54 PM

The league won't do anything, whats the point of complaining?

NYR fan 2 03-01-2007 09:54 PM

I 100% agree with you, but also its inexcusable to allow 2 shorthanded goals in the 3rd period when your trying to get into the playoffs.

WhipNash27 03-01-2007 09:54 PM

Spada is awful

HAPPY HOUR 03-01-2007 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription (Post 8325522)
That call by Spada on Betts cost us the game, as far as I'm concerned.

The team had all the momentum and a powerplay to seal the deal possibly.

I don't understand how this goes from hockey to becoming the NFL. We had control of the puck for a good 3 seconds after the contact Betts had with Fleury.

Fleury is nearly 6 or 7 feet out of the effing net going right into Bett's path. What the hell is Betts supposed to do?

Spada has shown his true colors, AFAIC. The guy has a clear bias against our team and he should be reprimanded and not allowed to ref the Rangers games from this point on.

[I] sent a letter last year to the NHL and the referees assoc. about Craig Spada. Of course I didn't get a reply, but after the Rangers lost the first 3 or 4 games this year with him reffing I sent another......still waiting...

Inferno 03-01-2007 09:57 PM

Craig Spada, Mick McGeough, and sometimes VanMassenhoven. whenever they ref, i just expect the game to be called against us. i got exactly what i expected.

EvilCorporateLawyer 03-01-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 (Post 8325667)
I 100% agree with you, but also its inexcusable to allow 2 shorthanded goals in the 3rd period when your trying to get into the playoffs.

Never said it wasn't. But our guys came right back and took the lead. We outplayed this team for 55 minutes of the damn game (the Pens only had a strong 5 minutes with those two shorties).

This team has constantly outplayed its opponents and gotten JOBBED by refereeing as of late.

The other stuff isn't that habitual and frankly doesn't make me as angry as this **** that Spada has pulled thus far in every game he's reffed against us.

There is a clear bias in his reffing when he does our games.

EvilCorporateLawyer 03-01-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 8325738)
Craig Spada, Mick McGeough, and sometimes VanMassenhoven. whenever they ref, i just expect the game to be called against us. i got exactly what i expected.

McGeough is just crap. I don't think he has a bias against us. He's just a bad ref. Mass I put in the same category. I've never, ever thought about a bias with them. They just, straight up, aren't good refs.

When we go 0-6-1 in games when one ref has reffed for us and we have our guys getting misconducts for even talking to them, our players being called 4 seconds after a play after the other team *****es and moans, etc. than I see a bias.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-01-2007 10:02 PM

I am known for not complaing about the refering. I usual say that the team that works the hardest gets the benefits of the call.

That said, the call on Betts was awful because it was made from well behind the play and the ref does not have an angle to see where Fleury really was. Turns out he was about 2 feet out of the crease and Betts took a direct route to the corner, not at him. He is no positiont to make that call.'

There needs to be a system where the closer ref can overrule a call. Schick didn't call the penalty. Didn't even make a move too. Even could have called an interference penalty ON Fleury.

The Thomas J.* 03-01-2007 10:02 PM

Regardless of the 2 shorthanded goals against us the call on Betts cost us this game, unbelieveable.
Betts gets callled for Nothing Nd Gary Roberts does not get called for crashing the net earlier in the 3rd period. I mean comon. It Crap.
:hit:

Inferno 03-01-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription (Post 8325801)
McGeough is just crap. I don't think he has a bias against us. He's just a bad ref. Mass I put in the same category. I've never, ever thought about a bias with them. They just, straight up, aren't good refs.

When we go 0-6-1 in games when one ref has reffed for us and we have our guys getting misconducts for even talking to them, our players being called 4 seconds after a play after the other team *****es and moans, etc. than I see a bias.

I disagree.

While I think Spada is a biased ref, i certainly feel the same about Mcgeough, the guy just doesnt call the game fair or for us ever. its always one sided against us. I'd love for someone to pull the stats on penalties called when McGeough and Spada are reffing. VanMassenhoven I can probably agree with you, but McGeough straight up hates the Rangers.

EvilCorporateLawyer 03-01-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 8325912)
I am known for not complaing about the refering. I usual say that the team that works the hardest gets the benefits of the call.

That said, the call on Betts was awful because it was made from well behind the play and the ref does not have an angle to see where Fleury really was. Turns out he was about 2 feet out of the crease and Betts took a direct route to the corner, not at him. He is no positiont to make that call.'

There needs to be a system where the closer ref can overrule a call. Schick didn't call the penalty. Didn't even make a move too. Even could have called an interference penalty ON Fleury.

My main problem with this is how long it took for the call to be made. The Pens bench all had their arms up and were yelling **** and then the jackass raises his arms?

I CERTAINLY agree about having a ref be able to over turn a call. This makes no sense when some biased, hack assed ref like Spada can just call what he pleases to appease a team that's whining like no other for a call.

AXN 03-01-2007 10:05 PM

I don't think Betts is very smart here. You might complain that was a no call but with a 3-2 lead in a must win game, I would not take a chance on interfering with the goaltender. They simply did not play smart enough to win.

WhipNash27 03-01-2007 10:05 PM

Rangers are 2-4-1 with Spada reffing their games. Both wins were against the Philadelphia Flyers. They had a total of 104 PIM with an average of 14.86 PIM per game.

EvilCorporateLawyer 03-01-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AXN (Post 8325984)
I don't think Betts is very smart here. You might complain that was a no call but with a 3-2 lead in a must win game, I would not take a chance on interfering with the goaltender. They simply did not play smart enough to win.

Are you blind, dude?

Fleury was about 5 or 6 feet out of the net. Betts is going to the corner after the puck and doesn't even look at Fleury. And why should he? Why the HELL is Fleury so far out of the net?

Inferno 03-01-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription (Post 8325966)
My main problem with this is how long it took for the call to be made. The Pens bench all had their arms up and were yelling **** and then the jackass raises his arms?

I CERTAINLY agree about having a ref be able to over turn a call. This makes no sense when some biased, hack assed ref like Spada can just call what he pleases to appease a team that's whining like no other for a call.

i was under the impression that the refs could conference to get the call right. i know for sure they had a conference and overturned a RIGHT call in a game earlier this year where the Rangers got jobbed against (i believe) the Sabres (or was it the Senators?) where the Sabre shot the puck into the stands from behind the blueline, the ref called it a penalty, the entire crew got together and overruled the correct call.

nyrmessier011 03-01-2007 10:06 PM

no way he's going to open his mouth about anything, and if he did the league doesn't give a ****

EvilCorporateLawyer 03-01-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 8326025)
i was under the impression that the refs could conference to get the call right. i know for sure they had a conference and overturned a RIGHT call in a game earlier this year where the Rangers got jobbed against (i believe) the Sabres (or was it the Senators?) where the Sabre shot the puck into the stands from behind the blueline, the ref called it a penalty, the entire crew got together and overruled the correct call.

If that's the case, than Shick should've had the balls to put Spada in his place.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-01-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

I don't think Betts took a chance. He has the right to a piece of ice. He went for the puck in the corner. He's out of the crease and he can Fleury come together. Could have called a penalty on Fleury for interference.

EvilCorporateLawyer 03-01-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 (Post 8326041)
no way he's going to open his mouth about anything, and if he did the league doesn't give a ****

I'd do it just to get it out there if I was him. Create a talk about it and then at least the officials could possibly review the games that Spada reffed (and jobbed us on).

Inferno 03-01-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 (Post 8326011)
Rangers are 2-4-1 with Spada reffing their games. Both wins were against the Philadelphia Flyers. They had a total of 104 PIM with an average of 14.9 PIM per game.

where did you pull the stats out of so fast? id love the source, ive wanted to do a case study for my blog but couldnt find an easy way to get the stats and simply dont have the time to go and find it the long way.

EvilCorporateLawyer 03-01-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 8326047)
I don't think Betts took a chance. He has the right to a piece of ice. He went for the puck in the corner. He's out of the crease and he can Fleury come together. Could have called a penalty on Fleury for interference.

Could've and should've. Fleury has NO right flying out of the net like he did.

The Thomas J.* 03-01-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

What? Betts did nothing wrong, Nothing At all. Flurey should have been calle dofr interferance himself.

Inferno 03-01-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription (Post 8326046)
If that's the case, than Shick should've had the balls to put Spada in his place.

im 99.99999% sure that is accurate.

The Thomas J.* 03-01-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription (Post 8326046)

AGREE! I've seen Refs overturn other Refs calls before.