HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Leetch-Poti Back To Provide a Rush (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=35382)

KING 12-12-2003 03:42 AM

Leetch-Poti Back To Provide a Rush

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-headlines

Fletch 12-12-2003 05:54 AM

Ooo fun...

I don't like these two as a pair anymore. I don't think it's the position in which Poti should be in. Leetch will be all over the place and Poti going to have to be a safety valve, a position he's not comfortable in, and a position in which he skating and ability to join the rush is hindered.

sickboy35 12-12-2003 07:14 AM

great???

soft and softer? will this guy ever get it?

True Blue 12-12-2003 07:42 AM

At this point, I really fail to see how Jackass is an upgrade over Trotts. Lindros a wing? Check. Leetch and Poti as a pair? Check. PK cannot stop anyone? Check. PP cannot score a meaningfull goal? Check. Players cannot play hard for 60 minutes? Check.
Trottier was fired for this. And Trotts did not have Kovalev, Carter, Simon, or Krispy. What is Sather's excuse?

ihatenewjersey 12-12-2003 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
At this point, I really fail to see how Jackass is an upgrade over Trotts. Lindros a wing? Check. Leetch and Poti as a pair? Check. PK cannot stop anyone? Check. PP cannot score a meaningfull goal? Check. Players cannot play hard for 60 minutes? Check.
Trottier was fired for this. And Trotts did not have Kovalev, Carter, Simon, or Krispy. What is Sather's excuse?

agreed, even though sather is the man with the power (GM), i don't think he is the right guy for the coaching job, i'd rather someone else, hell give it to renney or schoney....i'd like to see how they do after a few games

pld459666 12-12-2003 07:51 AM

Quote:

I so want to beat this dead horse. :mad:

there's a list that is knee-deep in reasons that Sather should be fired.

He's a moron.

Melrose_Jr. 12-12-2003 08:00 AM

If you wanna do something to improve the defense, how about seeing if doctors can surgically separate Joel Bouchard from the bench and have him replace Poti or Malakhov. Although I'm not a big fan of the current pairings, there's only so much you can do with the current personnel.

True Blue 12-12-2003 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
If you wanna do something to improve the defense, how about seeing if doctors can surgically separate Joel Bouchard from the bench and have him replace Poti or Malakhov.

That's something about I've been harping all year. I have absolutely no idea how Bouch is kept out of the lineup. In EVERY game that he has played this year, he was the best defenseman in the lineup. I have no idea of why he is not dressed, anymore than I have no idea how Hlavac is cemented on the 2nd line, or Lindros is a 4th line center or a wing, or why is Holik not allowed to go against the other teams top line on a regular basis.
I think that Jackass is loath to break up the M&M duo becuase he probably thinks that one cannot play well w/o the other. You know that Jackass will never actually take Poti out of the lineup as that will be looked upon as having given up Yorkie for absolutely nothing. DeVries has no shot of not being in the lineup and neither does Kasper. And Leetch is Leetch. How Bouchard is kept out in favor of either of the M&M twins or Poti is unfathomable.

Melrose_Jr. 12-12-2003 08:15 AM

Quote:

I think that Jackass is loath to break up the M&M duo becuase he probably thinks that one cannot play well w/o the other.

:joker: Yah, you'd hate to break them up and see their play decline.

Honestly, I'm not a Mironov fan, but he looks like a Norris candidate next to Malakhov. His play has been respectable considering who he's paired with.