HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Marcel Hossa Injury Thread - Sprained MCL 3-4 Weeks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=354666)

Balej20* 03-05-2007 09:04 PM

Marcel Hossa Injury Thread - Sprained MCL 3-4 Weeks

The guy finally "Gets it" and now he's finished for the rest of the Regular Season.

Just when I was feeling sorry for myself for the unfortunate timing of my jury duty comes the realization that I am far better off than Marcel Hossa. In line with the exact injury sustained by Fedor Tyutin last week, an MRI today revealed that Hossa will miss three to four weeks with his left MCL sprain, essentially leaving his teammates to carry on their playoff push without him.

I’m not sure if it says more about the Rangers or Hossa that this qualifies as devastating news, but you can’t get around the fact that Hossa has been phenomenal over the last month—not only for his eight goals since the All-Star break, but in every other facet of the game as well.

-As per Sammy boy

The Thomas J.* 03-05-2007 09:06 PM

I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD HAVE TRADED HIM @ THE DEADLINE!
:teach:

Nyr10 03-05-2007 09:06 PM

he is probably out for a month

n8 03-05-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Thomas J. (Post 8385583)

oh no! what a missed opportunity! :shakehead

HockeyBasedNYC 03-05-2007 09:08 PM

Well if the Rangers find a way to squeak into the playoffs, they'll have a fresh Hossa, Tyutin and Shanahan and Ortmeyer whos played half a season.

MisterUnspoken 03-05-2007 09:08 PM

This news makes Misterunspoken sad :(

dkich96 03-05-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Thomas J. (Post 8385583)

great way to cheer for your team... when did you become a fan yesterday... with your logic we should trade everyone on the team and then when we aquire new players we should turn around and trade them... this way we keep the cycle going...

zacn 03-05-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkich96 (Post 8385651)
great way to cheer for your team... when did you become a fan yesterday... with your logic we should trade everyone on the team and then when we aquire new players we should turn around and trade them... this way we keep the cycle going...

Don't want to speak for someone else, but I have to think there was some comic relief in that last poster's comment. Don't get too bent out of shape.

RedLightDistrict 03-05-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken (Post 8385629)
This news makes Misterunspoken sad :(

It makes ME a A saaaaad Panda

:shakehead

Well, who do we bring up/dress?

JayMan82 03-05-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Yea Dim, he was just joking man... This sucks... Bring up Jessiman!!!

TomLaidlaw 03-05-2007 09:18 PM

This is horrific news. These injuries are getting ridiculous :help:

HVPOLARBEARS19 03-05-2007 09:19 PM

Crap I missed most of the game, what happened?

Pizza 03-05-2007 09:21 PM

Hopefully it's only a mild sprain and he makes it back for the playoff. Jeez, the guy was on a role there. Too bad.

The Thomas J.* 03-05-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

wHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? I started the thread almost a month ago that said we should have traded him when his vaule was at his highest! Reads the threads b4 u post.

:madfire: :fight:

xander 03-05-2007 09:22 PM

well, looks like we'll get a chance to see one of Callahan or Dawes. I don't see who else could be brought up.

The Thomas J.* 03-05-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw (Post 8385813)
This is horrific news. These injuries are getting ridiculous :help:

It really is ridiculous, Im so annoyed cause as much as I wante dthe guy traded, I was genuinely happy when he started preforming the way he has been, I never thought he could do it. Now we have nothing, no picks, players or more importantly Hossa himself.

Fire Sather 03-05-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Thomas J. (Post 8385863)
wHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? I started the thread almost a month ago that said we should have traded him when his vaule was at his highest! Reads the threads b4 u post.

:madfire: :fight:

Well congrats to you :shakehead :shakehead

DontStaal 03-05-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Thomas J. (Post 8385891)
It really is ridiculous, Im so annoyed cause as much as I wante dthe guy traded, I was genuinely happy when he started preforming the way he has been, I never thought he could do it. Now we have nothing, no picks, players or more importantly Hossa himself.

well it sucks that we lose a guy who's been playing awesome for us...

so now? who gets called up? Dawes, Callahan, Jessiman (:D )?

or does Renney stand pat and put straka nylander jagr back together and insert Immonen back in?

Balej20* 03-05-2007 09:26 PM

Come on guys, keep this thread on topic. I don't want it locked for silly bickering.

This is a thread for updates on Hossa's injury. That's all.

xander 03-05-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Thomas J. (Post 8385891)

you do realize that Hossa is 25 and not an UFA...it's not like he's going to walk at the end of the year and we'll lose him for nothing.

The Thomas J.* 03-05-2007 09:30 PM

[QUOTE=DontStaal;8385935]well it sucks that we lose a guy who's been playing awesome for us...

so now? who gets called up? Dawes, Callahan, Jessiman (:D )?

or does Renney stand pat and put straka nylander jagr back together and insert Immonen back in?[/QUOTE

Lets give Hugh the shot, we keep hearing how ell hes been playing since he rejoined the pack. he was our # 1 PICK. Enough with the babying.

The only good thing to come out of this injury is that it happened after the deadline and we will be forced to call up a kid & not trade one away for an old man

poeman 03-05-2007 09:30 PM

im in tears... the one GUY! that i did not want to miss any time is GONE

WHYYYYYYYYYYY

The Thomas J.* 03-05-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander (Post 8385988)
you do realize that Hossa is 25 and not an UFA...it's not like he's going to walk at the end of the year and we'll lose him for nothing.

Yes, i know, I meant we lose him for the present, u know like the push for the playoffs. The NOW!

The Thomas J.* 03-05-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather (Post 8385915)
Well congrats to you :shakehead :shakehead

Thank you!
:biglaugh:

JayMan82 03-05-2007 09:32 PM

A lot of negative hossa injury anger boys... Off this topic btw, why the heck did we dress Isbister in favor of Immonen? This kid ALWAYS gets points when he's up with the big boys (we were talking about that earlier Dimitri)... As much as this sucks for Hossa, one young Wolfpack (I hope I don't jinx it and they bring up Purinton) player will get an opportunity (@ 5 min of icetime a game) to show what he's got!