HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Patrick Roy says the same thing as Kovalev (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=354669)

waffledave 03-05-2007 10:07 PM

Patrick Roy says the same thing as Kovalev

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=183441&hubname=nhl

Back in November.

How come the media wasn't running him out of town? How come they weren't petitioning to have any plans for jersey retirement annulled? Where is the ****storm? They barely even mentioned it...

How is this any different?

Except for the fact that Roy actually DID say that, while Kovalev's comments were fabricated by a Russian tabloid.

(This isn't to bash Roy, it's to show how stupid this whole situation is)

CareyClutch 03-05-2007 10:10 PM

watergate is nothing compare to the kovygate

Habs10Habs 03-05-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 8385596)

Back in November.

How come the media wasn't running him out of town? How come they weren't petitioning to have any plans for jersey retirement annulled? Where is the ****storm? They barely even mentioned it...

Except for the fact that Roy actually DID say that, while Kovalev's comments were fabricated by a Russian tabloid.

Roy is still considered to be a demi-god in MTL, he could burn down the Bell Centre and not be punished. I'm not even going to mention the French/Non-French issues.

zednik20 03-05-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Back in November.

why don't you calm down a little...do we need other threads about this...

deandebean 03-05-2007 10:12 PM

Waffle, what has happened to you? You've become fanboy par excellence here. Let's remember that this team is not going to make the playoffs by the looks of thing and somebody has to pay. And it won't be the coach this time around.

there's some valid criticism of the organisation out there, and should be mentioned. Heck, why do we tolerate that this organisation has been doing some "sur place" for the last 4 seasons?

If you want to be a cheerleader, go ahead. But I face the facts: this organisation has been riding their goalies for the last 4 seasons. No offence, and a very bare defence. The prospects have been coming a lot, but not by the dozen.

Why should we all stand united and not let us wonder if the media is not up to something?

waffledave 03-05-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zednik20 (Post 8385692)
why don't you calm down a little...do we need other threads about this...

I would have posted it in the other thread but I got banned from it because of a certain poster who knows how to push my buttons.

He's on ignore now, for good.

waffledave 03-05-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean (Post 8385716)
Waffle, what has happened to you? You've become fanboy par excellence here. Let's remember that this team is not going to make the playoffs by the looks of thing and somebody has to pay. And it won't be the coach this time around.

there's some valid criticism of the organisation out there, and should be mentioned. Heck, why do we tolerate that this organisation has been doing some "sur place" for the last 4 seasons?

If you want to be a cheerleader, go ahead. But I face the facts: this organisation has been riding their goalies for the last 4 seasons. No offence, and a very bare defence. The prospects have been coming a lot, but not by the dozen.

Why should we all stand united and not let us wonder if the media is not up to something?

I agree something should be done. I just think we should let the hockey people take care of that. The people who report what's going on should not be trying to influence what happens.

waffledave 03-05-2007 10:15 PM

I also want to add that I think that the media trying to run Kovalev out of town is completely unethical. They know the type of influence they carry, and they abuse their power to get rid of a guy they don't like, for whatever reason. Ultimately it should be a hockey decision, and it will not end up like that.

Habs10Habs 03-05-2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 8385753)
I agree something should be done. I just think we should let the hockey people take care of that. The people who report what's going on should not be trying to influence what happens.

It seems to me that the hockey people have taken care of this situation.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=198897&hubname=

Reuben 03-05-2007 10:26 PM

Roy was also an integral part of our last 2 stanley cups, that goes along way in montreal justly or unjustly.

I do recall Roy getting some heat for his comments though.

Habs10Habs 03-05-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuben (Post 8385938)
Roy was also an integral part of our last 2 stanley cups, that goes along way in montreal justly or unjustly.

I do recall Roy getting some heat for his comments though.

He did get some heat....but from what I've seen of Roy, I don't think it bothered him too much.

bayrider 03-05-2007 10:31 PM

I thought the Roy thing was pretty big, but it fizzled down quite fast as soon as Roy apologized a few days later.

MTL-rules 03-05-2007 10:34 PM

What's the point of your thread? To bash Latendresse and "french people"?

There's nothing similar about the two events, not by a long shot.

tiredman 03-05-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Back in November.

Not the same situation at all.

1)Patrick Roy is not a member of the team. So he has the right to say whatever he thinks about the habs.
2)Roy only said he thought Latendresse was on the team because he was french and Kovalev "apparently" said that but he also said much more.

Belso 03-05-2007 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 8385774)
I also want to add that I think that the media trying to run Kovalev out of town is completely unethical. They know the type of influence they carry, and they abuse their power to get rid of a guy they don't like, for whatever reason. Ultimately it should be a hockey decision, and it will not end up like that.

I can't say that the French media are prejudist because sometimes they are and sometimes they are not. But there is a language issue in Quebec and bringing racism to a story is juicy for readers. So they'll bring up what ever dirt they can on subjects like this to have people tune in and see who's saying what about French people. If someone comes out and says it straight out on multiple occasions that he doesn't like (what ever people) then I can see why make a story about it. But Kovalev denied saying this. Ribs had the same problem last year. I'm sure Kovalev hear about it. Even my mom heard about it! So like kovalev said, he wouldn't me stupid enough to say the things he did.

This was a mean and unethical stunt to get readers to read "la presse". They will ever say it. They will just repeat till the end of the world that they had a credible sourse and just doing their duty keep the public informed.

What's important is that anyone can be accused of saying something we didn't. If Kovalev is saying the truth and didn't say these things, I can understand why he may be upset. You are turning a whole "people against him". People may even Boo him next game. Way to go "La press"!! That's a good way to Motivate Kovy when the team needs him most. :shakehead

Artyukhin* 03-05-2007 10:47 PM

I mean these media memebers want to hold the Canadien players responsible for everything they say or do and continue to run players out of town year after year . THEN they question why Bob cant get star players to sign here . ?
WAKE THE HELL UP

The media, these same guys as Rivet says havent played a game of hockey in there lives are the problem !!!!

I think the Habs should require a retainer for all media in the dressing room covering the team. Yes that means 2 million dollar or three million a year if your orginazation"paper"whats to cover the Habs.

AND If any of this stuff like this recent ********* in the media turns up false? the Montreal Candiens should get to keep the retainer.

I think it time the media be held under the same scunity as they do the players .

Im tied of this ****** yearly circus the media creates.This is a HOCEY TEAM let them plaY hockey its not meant to be some SOME kind of french canadien****** SOAP OPREA or reality TV series .

Blades 0f Steel 03-05-2007 10:47 PM

Sounds like witch-talk to me...I say we stuff Kovalev in a hockey bag and toss him in the river. If he floats, he's a witch, and we burn him. If he sinks, he was innocent afterall.

LeMAD 03-05-2007 10:48 PM

Roy doesn't play for the Habs. Close the thread.

Habs10Habs 03-05-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 8386201)
I mean these media memebers want to hold the Canadien players responsible for everything they say or do and continue to run players out of town year after year THEN they they question why Bob can get stars players to sign here . ?
WAKE THE HELL UP

The media, these same guy as Rivet says havent played a game of hockey in there lives are the problem !!!!

I think the Habs should require a retainer for all media in the dressing room covering the team. Yes that means these 2 million dollar a year if your orginazation"paper"whats to cover the Habs.

AND If any of this stuff like this recent ********* in the media turns up false? the Montreal Candiens should get to keep the retainer.

I think it time the media be held under the same scunity as they do the players .

Im tied of this ****** yearly circus the media creates.This is a HOCEY TEAM let them plaY hockey its not meant to be some SOME kind of french canadien****** SOAP OPREA

:clap: :clap:

Reuben 03-05-2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 8386201)
I mean these media memebers want to hold the Canadien players responsible for everything they say or do and continue to run players out of town year after year . THEN they question why Bob cant get star players to sign here . ?
WAKE THE HELL UP

The media, these same guys as Rivet says havent played a game of hockey in there lives are the problem !!!!

I think the Habs should require a retainer for all media in the dressing room covering the team. Yes that means 2 million dollar or three million a year if your orginazation"paper"whats to cover the Habs.

Im tied of this ****** yearly circus the media creates.This is a HOCEY TEAM let them plaY hockey its not meant to be some SOME kind of french canadien****** SOAP OPREA or reality TV series .

what does french canadien*****SOAP OPREA mean or reality TV series mean?

something rubs me the wrong way about a statement like that.

Habs10Habs 03-05-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuben (Post 8386440)
what does french canadien*****SOAP OPREA mean or reality TV series mean?

something rubs me the wrong way about a statement like that.

I think to shorten it for you, let the players play and forget about all the crap that happens off the ice.

Artyukhin* 03-05-2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 8386497)
I think to shorten it for you, let the players play and forget about all the crap that happens off the ice.

i couldnt have said it any better .

thanks

Habs10Habs 03-05-2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 8386522)
i couldnt have said it any better .

thanks

No problem...btw...excellent post.

Habs10Habs 03-05-2007 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuben (Post 8386552)
right :dunno: thanks.

What is it that you don't quite understand Reuben?

biggie 03-05-2007 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BladesofSteel (Post 8386207)
Sounds like witch-talk to me...I say we stuff Kovalev in a hockey bag and toss him in the river. If he floats, he's a witch, and we burn him. If he sinks, he was innocent afterall.

we already know he does:sarcasm: