HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Official Game Thread: NYR-BUF (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=35470)

SingnBluesOnBroadway 12-12-2003 11:02 AM

Official Game Thread: NYR-BUF

Sorry to interrupt the Yankee talk *dry heave*, but there is a game tonight.

Yup its O.T.B.M.W.G. (Official True Blue Must Win Game).

Post 'em if you got 'em.

True Blue 12-12-2003 11:17 AM

Wow, I have an official game named after me? I am honored beyond description.

BLACKBURN 12-12-2003 11:26 AM

Its a must win. I saw Buff against the Avs and they lost 7-2, I know we arent Colorado but come on boys (aka Dunham its all down to you as usual) :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

SingnBluesOnBroadway 12-12-2003 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Wow, I have an official game named after me? I am honored beyond description.

Sorry, I meant TrueBlue4Life. ;)

Brooklyn Ranger 12-12-2003 11:40 AM

I don't normally post before the game, but this is one must win game. And honestly, this is one must win weekend--cause the result of losing both games will probably lead to some "changes" and we all know where that leads.

TrueBlue4life 12-12-2003 11:44 AM

Sorry, I meant TrueBlue4Life.

:handclap: thats me!
yes we must win tonight!!!
but i really can't stand to watch petr nedved anymore, seriously i want to beat him :mad:
oh and i got to meet eric lindros after the game on wed :yo: :lol:
definitly a sexy mofo :bow:

sickboy35 12-12-2003 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Its a must win. I saw Buff against the Avs and they lost 7-2, I know we arent Colorado but come on boys (aka Dunham its all down to you as usual) :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

you mean detroit? yeah beat them with 10 starters not in the line up! we will find a way to loose though, even with all our starters playing! i'm officially a pessamist when it comes to this team for now on!! buf. 4-2!!

Fletch 12-12-2003 11:47 AM

I hear Jussi's starting...

and going with Dunham tomorrow against Toronto. Yeah, must win. Whoop-eee.

Brooklyn Ranger 12-12-2003 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
and going with Dunham tomorrow against Toronto. Yeah, must win. Whoop-eee.

I guess this means that Sather has finally learned not to play one goalie in back to back games. The only question is whether the result will be any different.

rangers 12-12-2003 12:03 PM

Come on boys! Get out, play hard for 3 periods, show emotion and put the puck in the net!

4-1 Buffalo

True Blue 12-12-2003 12:12 PM

Let's see. Which one of these are we heading for?
1. The Rangers come out and dominate for the first 5 minutes and then decide to get fancy which results in a quick giveaway goal and the Rangers go in the tank from there.
2. The Rangers come out and dominate the entire first period and emerge with a lead by a goal or 2. However, between periods they decide that they are doing so well that they can revert to the fancy stuff, which results in more turnovers lackluster play and Buffalo ties up the score. Sather, still not having learned what a time out is or what changing on the fly means, just watches on as the Sabres dominate the 3rd. Dunham stands on his head and makes key stops, but Barnaby recieves a roughing penalty for glaring and Buffalo scores on the ensuing power play. Result? Rangers loose by one goal and we get to hear postgame comments about how they gave one away and about how they have to stay with the simple play instead of the fancy one.

Honestly, how many times have we seen the script from above?
Off course there is the 3rd choice. The Rangers actually play hard and win handily and go into Toronto feeling good about themselves, only to forget what it is that got them the win and subsequently get their doors blown off by the 'Leafs.

Melrose_Jr. 12-12-2003 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I don't normally post before the game, but this is one must win game.

:eek: Now, it's serious!

I can tell you for sure that the Sabres felt the wrath of Lindy Ruff come down on them yesterday. All of them. This is as big a game for them as it is for us. I hope the Rangers are prepared for a seriously motivated opponent. Why do I doubt they are?

TrueBlue4life 12-12-2003 02:40 PM

ok lindros playing with kovy and rucinsky, i don't know about this... well i'm glad eric will get more minutes, but that line was playing well with holik...
and markannen is in goal... this game is gonna be intresting

Melrose_Jr. 12-12-2003 02:41 PM

starting lines......

Hlavac/Nedved/Carter
Rosie/Lindros/Kovie
Simon/Mess/Barnaby
D-Lac/Holik/Ortmeyer

Leeth/Poti
Kaspar/deVries
Malacough/Bobo

Markkanen

Fire Sather 12-12-2003 02:44 PM

Ehhh.. I like Lindros actually being able to CENTER 2 good wingers rather than play having to play wing to get more ice time.. But Holik on the 4th line is ehhh. I dont understand why Sather doesnt put Nedved on the 4th line. Mess, Lindros and now Holik have all had to deal with 4th line ice time, while the worst out of all them so far, Nedved gets 1st line duty every game.

What i want..

Rucinsky-Holik-Kovalev
Hlavac-Lindros-Carter
Simon-Messier-Barnaby
Lac-Nedved-Ortmeyer

nyr5186 12-12-2003 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
starting lines......

Hlavac/Nedved/Carter
Rosie/Lindros/Kovie
Simon/Mess/Barnaby
D-Lac/Holik/Ortmeyer

Leeth/Poti
Kaspar/deVries
Malacough/Bobo

Markkanen

The line juggling has begun again. Of all the lines you would break up, why the hell would the Holik line, our best line, be broken up?

:mad:

TrueBlue4life 12-12-2003 02:47 PM

yeah i agree with you on nedved... i can't take him anymore... he's the laziest, softest player ever, i can't take watching him skate around like a freaking ballerina anymore... aghhhhhhhhh, i wish we could just trade him already

nyr5186 12-12-2003 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlue4life
yeah i agree with you on nedved... i can't take him anymore... he's the laziest, softest player ever, i can't take watching him skate around like a freaking ballerina anymore... aghhhhhhhhh, i wish we could just trade him already

Completely disagree. Yes, he's played horrible recently. But that has more to do with a lack of confidence than anything. He was our best and hardest-working forward last year. All the people who wanted him gone the year before had to eat crow. Now he goes on a little funk and all of a sudden people want him gone and call him lazy and soft? After last year's resurgence, he deserves a little more before we start calling for his head. What he needs is to be held accountable. He needs to be put on the 4th line right now. Maybe that will spark him up and get his legs moving. Once he catches few breaks and some of his shots start going in, he'll regain his confidence and go back to the Nedved of last year. Usually Im not this optomistic, but I feel we need to be patient with him.

Melrose_Jr. 12-12-2003 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
starting lines......

Hlavac/Nedved/Carter
Rosie/Lindros/Kovie
Simon/Mess/Barnaby
D-Lac/Holik/Ortmeyer

Leeth/Poti
Kaspar/deVries
Malacough/Bobo

Markkanen

Scratch that. Now the lines are.....

Hlavac/Nedved/Carter
Rosie/Lindros/Kovie
Simon/Mess/Ortmeyer
Barnaby/Holik/MacDonald! :eek:

Fire Sather 12-12-2003 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Completely disagree. Yes, he's played horrible recently. But that has more to do with a lack of confidence than anything. He was our best and hardest-working forward last year. All the people who wanted him gone the year before had to eat crow. Now he goes on a little funk and all of a sudden people want him gone and call him lazy and soft? After last year's resurgence, he deserves a little more before we start calling for his head. What he needs is to be held accountable. He needs to be put on the 4th line right now. Maybe that will spark him up and get his legs moving. Once he catches few breaks and some of his shots start going in, he'll regain his confidence and go back to the Nedved of last year. Usually Im not this optomistic, but I feel we need to be patient with him.

Yeah thats all i meant in my post earlier.

Fire Sather 12-12-2003 03:18 PM

Kovalev scores!! great patiance. All this shift i was thinking "Kovale has gotta get hot" hopefully this starts it up.

rangers 12-12-2003 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
Kovalev scores!! great patiance. All this shift i was thinking "Kovale has gotta get hot" hopefully this starts it up.

Hmm...another good start. If we only could build on this and keep it up!

NewYorkStranger 12-12-2003 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangers
Hmm...another good start. If we only could build on this and keep it up!

Great pass by Lindros, nice to see him on a top line

tors10 12-12-2003 03:35 PM

de Vries

is de Vries playing the right side on defense or kaspar?

thanks...

Fire Sather 12-12-2003 03:36 PM

Wholey, that was a nice Powerplay.. awesome puck movement.. id love to see more shot though.