HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   4 - 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=354817)

WhipNash27 03-06-2007 08:47 AM

4 - 2
 
if before the homestand began, if you were told that we would go 3-1-2 or 4-2 in normal terms, I don't think anyone would complain. 8 out of 12 points is a good start. Only lost 1 in regulation, 2 in Shootout. Boys gotta turn it up now. Most games left are on the road.

Skroob* 03-06-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 (Post 8389652)
if before the homestand began, if you were told that we would go 3-1-2 or 4-2 in normal terms, I don't think anyone would complain. 8 out of 12 points is a good start. Only lost 1 in regulation, 2 in Shootout. Boys gotta turn it up now. Most games left are on the road.

well they have a better record on the road than at home, so that may not be so bad.

broadwayblue 03-06-2007 09:09 AM

Fortunately for them they play better on the road.

I Am Chariot 03-06-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 (Post 8389652)
if before the homestand began, if you were told that we would go 3-1-2 or 4-2 in normal terms, I don't think anyone would complain. 8 out of 12 points is a good start. Only lost 1 in regulation, 2 in Shootout. Boys gotta turn it up now. Most games left are on the road.

You are right, but to be brutally honest we lost two games to TWO of the worst teams in the NHL.

Where was the team we saw last night against the BJ's?

Regardless. One Game at a time. The team that showed up last night at MSG could beat any team in the NHL?

Evgeny Oliker 03-06-2007 09:44 AM

...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cycleandshoot (Post 8390049)
You are right, but to be brutally honest we lost two games to TWO of the worst teams in the NHL.

Where was the team we saw last night against the BJ's?

Regardless. One Game at a time. The team that showed up last night at MSG could beat any team in the NHL?

Again, its not who you beat to make the playoffs, but if you make the playoffs. So if lose to BJs and whoever, and still make the playoffs, who cares?!

Yes, this team can beat any team right now I think.

frozenrubber 03-06-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 (Post 8390171)
Again, its not who you beat to make the playoffs, but if you make the playoffs. So if lose to BJs and whoever, and still make the playoffs, who cares?!

Yes, this team can beat any team right now I think.

Being completely realistic...this team is WAY over it's head at the moment. With the current injuries and the way the roster is situated, the Rangers are playing well above their respective overall talent.

I love this team and wish for them to continue to give efforts like they showed against the Islanders, but unless they can manufacture scoring from mysterious places, this team can be poised for a BIG slide.

Renney bashing has been very prevalent this year, but this is some of the tightest defensive hockey I've seen the Rangers play in years...

mattihp 03-06-2007 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 8389820)
Fortunately for them they play better on the road.

Must be the relief of not hearing the fantastic masterpiece that is...

"Let's gooo raaangers" ^^

WhipNash27 03-06-2007 12:00 PM

The way I see it is the team had been playing under its ability all year due to lack of effort or maybe just missing pieces. However with Avery and Girardi coming, the team has really solidified things greatly. Mara has done well defensively and contributes offensively and it feels like the Rangers haven't lost much with Ward except his physical presence. Now Prucha and Cullen are playing great. Hossa was until he got hurt. Jagr is starting to wake up a bit. Straka is back even if he isn't 100%. So things aren't too bad. Sure Tyutin is out, now Hossa's out, and Shanny is still out. However, you never know who will step up when someone else is out. The defense was solid yesterday with the exception of the fluke goal off of Mara (which was less due to defensive mistake than luck). So let's hope that they keep it up.

Evgeny Oliker 03-06-2007 12:05 PM

...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 (Post 8391727)
The way I see it is the team had been playing under its ability all year due to lack of effort or maybe just missing pieces. However with Avery and Girardi coming, the team has really solidified things greatly. Mara has done well defensively and contributes offensively and it feels like the Rangers haven't lost much with Ward except his physical presence. Now Prucha and Cullen are playing great. Hossa was until he got hurt. Jagr is starting to wake up a bit. Straka is back even if he isn't 100%. So things aren't too bad. Sure Tyutin is out, now Hossa's out, and Shanny is still out. However, you never know who will step up when someone else is out. The defense was solid yesterday with the exception of the fluke goal off of Mara (which was less due to defensive mistake than luck). So let's hope that they keep it up.

Agreed.

The point I want to make is that at the start of the season we just didnt have the DEPTH to face injuries. At the start of the season, if we had an injury to a top-6 player, the guy stepping into their spot was a Jason Ward or Adam Hall or freaking Jason Krog. With those bums gone, we have some real depth now with guys like Sean Avery, Brad Isbister, Marcel Hossa (stepping up), and Jarkko Immonen.

So to be honest, although it would be nice to have Shany back ,I think we can win without him and WE HAVE thus far.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.