HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   All things Avery (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=354927)

bar down* 03-06-2007 02:09 PM

All things Avery

why didnt he practice today???

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Finest 03-06-2007 02:15 PM

I dont know why, but I wouldnt worry untill there is something to worry about :dunno:

RangerBoy 03-06-2007 02:15 PM

John Dellapina said it was just for rest

Quote:

Sean Avery was given the day off the ice after taking a pounding last night spending the entire game in Rick DiPietro's crease. While Avery admitted he was feeling the effects, he also promised to be right back in harm's way Thursday night at Nassau Coliseum
http://blogs.nydailynews.com/rangers/

dank 03-06-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Sean Avery was given the day off the ice after taking a pounding last night spending the entire game in Rick DiPietro's crease. While Avery admitted he was feeling the effects, he also promised to be right back in harm's way Thursday night at Nassau Coliseum.
says Dellapina

he may be a punk.. but i'm so glad he's our punk.. :D

True Blue Bleed Blue 03-06-2007 02:18 PM

Because he worked his butt off last night

bar down* 03-06-2007 02:29 PM

oh alright, thanks everybody

ECL 03-06-2007 04:24 PM

I love Avery. Seriously, he better be locked up for at least 4 years this offseason.

Balej20* 03-06-2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription (Post 8395427)
I love Avery. Seriously, he better be locked up for at least 4 years this offseason.

15 Year contract for him.

shoothepuck 03-06-2007 04:41 PM

A well deserved rest

Garv23 03-06-2007 05:37 PM

Yeah, he took a pounding last night. I think Hill crunched him a good 12 times into the boards. Not to mention the beatings around DP. This guy is tough as nails!

One thing I really don't like though, is when players dive and he's notorious for it. That doesn't get my respect.

nyranger61494 03-06-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garv23 (Post 8396397)
Yeah, he took a pounding last night. I think Hill crunched him a good 12 times into the boards. Not to mention the beatings around DP. This guy is tough as nails!

One thing I really don't like though, is when players dive and he's notorious for it. That doesn't get my respect.

Yea, but I did not think his diving penalty last night was deserved, that is one of those cases where his reputation hurt him

Garv23 03-06-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyranger61494 (Post 8396423)
Yea, but I did not think his diving penalty last night was deserved, that is one of those cases where his reputation hurt him

Oh yeah, I definately agree. I was referring to his past.

DontStaal 03-06-2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dank (Post 8393494)
says Dellapina

he may be a punk.. but i'm so glad he's our punk.. :D

well said... so am i :D

Inferno 03-06-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garv23 (Post 8396397)

yep, diving is the worst thing in the game, and i just HATE it when players dive.

ziggy_puppy 03-06-2007 09:22 PM

You guys have no idea how amazing it is to see fans of his own team who appreciate him. It's quite refreshing, though I must admit, I'm still not used to Rangers fans referring to him as "ours" and I definitely don't like it but that's obviously not your faults.
Continue the Avery love.
- Avery's biggest Los Angeles fan

rozsival rox 03-07-2007 08:21 AM

avery

"Avery's biggest Los Angeles fan"

also maybe Los Angeles' smartest fan? but seriously. what the heck did Kings' fans see wrong with his play? he seems like the perfect agitator who can PLAY. that's a find.

Evgeny Oliker 03-07-2007 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription (Post 8395427)

The crazy thing is that Avery is making just $1.1 per year right now. His contract expires at the end of this season.

If the Rangers are smart, they will work on an extension with him NOW, before the season ends and he becomes a UFA or even considers becoming a UFA (I'm sure many teams will be interested in him).

He has 8 points in 13 games with us, and has played his butt off every game. He brings a dimension that the Rangers just dont have...a guy who is a pest, goes to the net AND has skills.

I would not mind giving him $2 per year for the next 4-5 years. I don't think that is an overpayment for what he brings to the team. His offensive numbers are improving and so it would be best to lock him up to a long-term deal now before he becomes a true 20-25 goal guy (he will be that eventually).

SML 03-07-2007 09:00 AM

He did practice, he spent all morning kicking puppies and taking candy from babies, in the afternoon he flipped off a nun then he sat on Dipietro's front porch and threw snowballs at the mailman. He's allllllll set for tonight...

ECL 03-07-2007 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 (Post 8405656)
The crazy thing is that Avery is making just $1.1 per year right now. His contract expires at the end of this season.

If the Rangers are smart, they will work on an extension with him NOW, before the season ends and he becomes a UFA or even considers becoming a UFA (I'm sure many teams will be interested in him).

He's a RFA.

Evgeny Oliker 03-07-2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription (Post 8405862)
He's a RFA.

Oh, you're right.

That is good news, but I still would want to lock him up past the age of 29 so as to avoid him becoming a UFA too soon.

So I think we should give him a 4 or 5 year deal now.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-07-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SML (Post 8405695)
He did practice, he spent all morning kicking puppies and taking candy from babies, in the afternoon he flipped off a nun then he sat on Dipietro's front porch and threw snowballs at the mailman. He's allllllll set for tonight...

I'll give him tonight off. Let him get ready for tomorrow night.:D

SML 03-07-2007 09:54 AM

Lost track, I thought we were playing tonight. I heard Avery was headed to the orphanage to tell the kids about Santa Claus, then headed to the zoo to throw poop at the monkeys. He's really taking this rivalry seriously...

Davisian 03-07-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SML (Post 8405695)

for his "rest" he's been standing 2 inches away from me with his finger next to my eyeball saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you" over and OVER again.

I'm gonna' lose it.

SML 03-07-2007 10:03 AM

I heard the rest of the guys couldn't wait to get out on the ice, because Avery kept standing there running his fingernails down the coaches chalkboard...

dank 03-07-2007 11:05 AM

hahaha.. i love it..

earlier today i gave him a ride to the store, and the whole way there he kept asking, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" over, and over and over and over again...

talk about a pest..