HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   You thought Montreal had problems? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=35499)

Habsaku 12-12-2003 12:39 PM

You thought Montreal had problems?

To people who think Montreal is the most boring team with the less passion and the worse captain. Be happy your not an Isles fan, and be happier your not a stars fan right now:http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/hockey/7466478.htm

Modano is not impressive at all with his new title.

CrAzYNiNe 12-12-2003 12:45 PM

I wouldn't mind taking Guerin and Madano off their hands for like Ribs and Perrault :D

Habsaku 12-12-2003 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
I wouldn't mind taking Guerin and Madano off their hands for like Ribs and Perrault :D

they've still got great players, but you should check out their games. There was a time where I thought Montreal was the worse team to watch, but seriously, Dallas and NYI are worst.

Guy Caballero 12-12-2003 01:20 PM

They'll be fine. They will have a strong second half and make the playoffs with ease. There's no way Calgary will finish above .500 and Dallas below it. There's too much talent there, guys we know can play well together.

Habs 12-12-2003 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku
To people who think Montreal is the most boring team with the less passion and the worse captain. Be happy your not an Isles fan, and be happier your not a stars fan right now:http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/hockey/7466478.htm

Modano is not impressive at all with his new title.

Looks like the Dallas media, is about as bright as the Montreal faithful.

How soon they forget how much Modano has done for Dallas Hockey, and the organization.

Laughable, and yet, sad at the same time.

Guy Caballero 12-12-2003 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs

How soon they forget how much Modano has done for Dallas Hockey, and the organization.

That "reporter" has got a lot of nerve calling Modano a so-called superstar. You'd think a guy who has performed as well as he has as consistently as he has over the years would have earned a little slack for a slow start.

Ingrates. I'll take Modano if Dallas isn't happy with him.

Habs 12-12-2003 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
That "reporter" has got a lot of nerve calling Modano a so-called superstar. You'd think a guy who has performed as well as he has as consistently as he has over the years would have earned a little slack for a slow start.

Ingrates. I'll take Modano if Dallas isn't happy with him.

So true. They rid themselves of so many vital players, have a few key injuries, slap the C on Modano.. and wonder what's wrong.

Heh.. imagine Modano with the CH ..

Dutchy 12-12-2003 01:55 PM

Quote:

So true. They rid themselves of so many vital players, have a few key injuries, slap the C on Modano.. and wonder what's wrong.

Heh.. imagine Modano with the CH ..

I better not... I might cry.

Habs4ever 12-13-2003 04:09 AM

I hope not Guerin Makes

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe

$9 M per year, and Modano probably makes about the same amount why would we want old players when CBA is due next year, it would be worst move ever by any GM, lets just wait and think rationaly then live in dreamland, if we wanted we could have had guerin through free agency at $10 M but Savard didn't show any interest in him so why trade for him and lose presious young talent.

loadie 12-13-2003 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4ever
$9 M per year, and Modano probably makes about the same amount why would we want old players when CBA is due next year, it would be worst move ever by any GM, lets just wait and think rationaly then live in dreamland, if we wanted we could have had guerin through free agency at $10 M but Savard didn't show any interest in him so why trade for him and lose presious young talent.

I think the guys are just dreaming, and when you dream, money isn't a concern. :D

Team_Spirit 12-14-2003 03:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

He embarrassed himself and the Stars with his whining earlier this week.
"I've always been a point-a-game guy," he said. "So are we asking for three or four now?"

As a matter of fact, yes, if that's what it takes. But we'll settle for that point-a-game player Modano says he is. He scored 15 points in the Stars' first 28 games. Thirteen more points might mean half a dozen more wins.

-----
Modano should had keep his mouth shut , a guy who say that isin't captain material IMO .

Habs 12-14-2003 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej

As a matter of fact, yes, if that's what it takes. But we'll settle for that point-a-game player Modano says he is. He scored 15 points in the Stars' first 28 games. Thirteen more points might mean half a dozen more wins.

-----
Modano should had keep his mouth shut , a guy who say that isin't captain material IMO .

It's common knowledge Modano isn't captain material. He has never wanted the C, it was thrown on him in Dallas.

There is a big difference in being a poor captain, and a great hockey player.

Agalloch 12-14-2003 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
They'll be fine. They will have a strong second half and make the playoffs with ease. There's no way Calgary will finish above .500 and Dallas below it. There's too much talent there, guys we know can play well together.

You never heard about the Rangers ;)

Kirk Muller 12-15-2003 06:03 AM

I find it interesting how the media, when a team is struggling, always finds a way to single out one player as the problem. Like in Montreal, its always Koivu's fault when the team struggles.

Why didn't this reporter rip into Zubov. Maybe we should talk a little more about his abysmal play.

And frankly, how in the blue hell did he not mention Marty Turco (atleast from my brief scan of the article). The guys numbers are okay from the fly by fan standpoint, but if you watch highlights or games, he is always caught wondering, and letting in soft goals.

The reporter is probably trying to make a "real" name for himself. What better way in tearing into a hockey teams captain, fan favourite, and most recognizable player.