HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Need a street hockey stick (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=355056)

goalmachine 03-06-2007 08:49 PM

Need a street hockey stick

Hi. I have been playing a lot of parking lot street hockey lately with my friends. I have already gone through two street sticks because the blades have worn down to the point where the ball hops right over the stick. What is a good street hockey stick that won't wear dwon on the blade and what can i do to make it last longer?

lotus 03-07-2007 12:19 AM

Make sure you're using an ABS blade, it's about as durable as it's going to get for street hockey.

If you're still running through blades like crazy you may want to look into a shaft. Theyre cheaper in the long run but honestlly not by much when you can find a cheap ABS for $12-$15.

I use the easton Ultra-ABS. Theyre $14 around here and are tanks, I've never seen one break and have been using one for 8 months now, granted the blade has been really bad over the past 3 months. But at that price it's more than affordable.

Just make sure it's ABS and that you're using the correct lie, otherwise you'll notice alot of wear near the heel of the blade. Check if that's where most of your wear is before you buy a new stick.

windflare 03-07-2007 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotus (Post 8403998)
Make sure you're using an ABS blade, it's about as durable as it's going to get for street hockey.

If you're still running through blades like crazy you may want to look into a shaft. Theyre cheaper in the long run but honestlly not by much when you can find a cheap ABS for $12-$15.

I use the easton Ultra-ABS. Theyre $14 around here and are tanks, I've never seen one break and have been using one for 8 months now, granted the blade has been really bad over the past 3 months. But at that price it's more than affordable.

Just make sure it's ABS and that you're using the correct lie, otherwise you'll notice alot of wear near the heel of the blade. Check if that's where most of your wear is before you buy a new stick.

Bauer One30 is a good one, but the blade gets soft. If you can, try to find some Montreal sticks with ABS blades - they are tanks. Koho Crossover 2260s are also good ones. Another good path to go is to get a cheap shaft and put in some ABS blades.

vancityluongo 03-15-2007 06:21 PM

I have a Easton Typhoon, and the blade has been good for about a year and a half now.

ABS blades are good too.

Pantokrator 03-15-2007 07:12 PM

Since I am very poor, I use whatever I can find, but I like the Koho Revolution sticks. In the States I can usually get one for about 12 to 15 bucks, and its sturdy enough to last for a while. However, the wear of the blade depends so much on the surface. if you're playing on rough asphalt, there is not much you can do to preserve the blade, no matter what you use.

nikebauer 03-15-2007 07:39 PM

ABS blades are very durable for street or roller hockey, they take a long time to wear down and wont chip.