HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal (MTL-CHI) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=35510)

Malefic74 12-12-2003 02:12 PM

Proposal (MTL-CHI)

To Chicago: Craig Rivet and Marcel Hossa
To Montreal: Mark Bell and a 4th or 5th.

I will be the first to admit that I don't follow the Hawks that closely, but I like this Bell kid. Former first rounder (98), now 23, plays right wing with a left hand shot. 6'4, 205 lbs. In short the big power forward the Habs need.

Hawks defense is held together with chewing gum and elastic bands at the moment which Rivet would shore up and Hossa provides some potential for the future. Hawks have about 3 other big wingers in their system.

The sticking point here would be money with anything involving Wirtz. Rivet and Hossa areabout $3.6 million, Bell just over a million. Maybe the Habs eat some of Rivet's 2.6...

GB 12-12-2003 02:27 PM

I have trouble imagining Rivet has any value. I'd love to get Bell on the Habs though.

Savage 12-12-2003 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malefic74
To Chicago: Craig Rivet and Marcel Hossa
To Montreal: Mark Bell and a 4th or 5th.

I will be the first to admit that I don't follow the Hawks that closely, but I like this Bell kid. Former first rounder (98), now 23, plays right wing with a left hand shot. 6'4, 205 lbs. In short the big power forward the Habs need.

Hawks defense is held together with chewing gum and elastic bands at the moment which Rivet would shore up and Hossa provides some potential for the future. Hawks have about 3 other big wingers in their system.

The sticking point here would be money with anything involving Wirtz. Rivet and Hossa areabout $3.6 million, Bell just over a million. Maybe the Habs eat some of Rivet's 2.6...

That's a big no if I'm the Hawks.

Team_Spirit 12-12-2003 04:14 PM

After the Kleem for Robidas deal i don't think the Hawks will bite on Rivet .

Malefic74 12-12-2003 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
After the Kleem for Robidas deal i don't think the Hawks will bite on Rivet .

Forgot about that one. That would make a difference.

Mikita 12-13-2003 07:59 AM

From a Hawk fan ... not interested.

Bell is a young power forward in the making. It will take time for him to develop. He has the makings of a Hawk Captain.
;)

gohabsgo2010 12-14-2003 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikita
From a Hawk fan ... not interested.

Bell is a young power forward in the making. It will take time for him to develop. He has the makings of a Hawk Captain.
;)

Yes, but just how valuable is he to the Hawks. This may get me some crap from fellow Hab fans, but how about this.

Mike Komisarek
for
Mark Bell

The Hawks add a stud d-man, and Gainey gets his size and skill up front.

Teemu 12-14-2003 11:16 AM

I swear.... one of our players scores one GWG, and people post trade rumors about him for a week.

Munchausen 12-14-2003 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Yes, but just how valuable is he to the Hawks. This may get me some crap from fellow Hab fans, but how about this.

Mike Komisarek
for
Mark Bell

The Hawks add a stud d-man, and Gainey gets his size and skill up front.

If you weren't doing those vey nice game threads, I swear I would... ;)