HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings Best Forward Right Now (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=35553)

two out of three* 12-12-2003 04:34 PM

Kings Best Forward Right Now
 
Besides Palffy who has been the Kings best forward? Eric Belanger, Alexander Frolov, Mike Cammeleri, Trent Klatt? Im going with Ebel.

Frolov 12-12-2003 04:52 PM

Straka easily

He stole a point in Detroit

He stole a point in Atlanta

If he didn't score that goal with 2 minutes left in the 1st against the Caps..who knows maybe the Kings don't come back to win that game.

swinginutter* 12-12-2003 05:02 PM

Palffy as always!

We'd be absolute ***** without him!

Honorable mention: Cammy and Straka.

Kings Fanatic 12-12-2003 05:16 PM

Alexander the Great

LuckyLUC20 12-12-2003 06:16 PM

I'll go with Cammalleri... with honorable mention to A.Fro.

agentfouser 12-12-2003 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
I'll go with Cammalleri... with honorable mention to A.Fro.

i think frolov, shift in and shift out, has been our best behind palffy. the guy does so many things well, and even on the rare nights he doesn't appear on the score sheet, he still makes a difference in the game. belanger as well has played very well, and i think that with frolov and klatt he may be emerging as a decent second line center.

Sydor25 12-12-2003 06:52 PM

Almost every King forward has contributed significantly to the success of the Kings this season. So far Tripp, Brennan and to a lesser extent Stumpel have been to only forwards to disappoint this season. Tripp hasn't had too much time to adjust and contribute and Brennan doesn't get the ice time. Stumpel has been a disappointment because the Kings were hoping he would be a solid 2nd line center and he just hasn't played hard enough.

How can you single out any of the other forwards? Straka has the most NHL skills right now, Frolov will probably be the next great Kings forward and Cammy has the tools if he stays healthy. Klatt(8 Goals) and Robitaille(7 Goals) were solid FA pickups. Belanger does all of the little things that don't show up in the box score, but he still has 6 goals.

Jerred Smithson is now third in the NHL in faceoff percentage and has played hard in limited time. Jon Sim has been solid and also has chipped in with 4 goals (even though he shouldn't be on the ice with Palffy). Sean Avery has settled down and stopped taking the stupid stick fouls and has also played a solid forechecking game.

And of course the Kings wouldn't even be close to the top without Palffy. He is by far the NHL MVP so far this season. The fact that he has 21 assists on a team with as many injuries as the Kings is amazing. Now he is starting to shoot a lot more, especially on the PP with the addition of Straka.

But if I had to pick one forward that has made the most impact besides Palffy, I would have to say Straka. He has changed the way the entire team plays the game. He has shown tremendous tenacity in the corners and he pressures the D-men into costly turnovers with his quickness. When Andy finally figures it out that Straka should be playing with Palffy, watch out. I could see Palffy winning the Art Ross trophy with Straka on his line.

Go Kings Go :yo:

Frolov 12-12-2003 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25
Almost every King forward has contributed significantly to the success of the Kings this season. So far Tripp, Brennan and to a lesser extent Stumpel have been to only forwards to disappoint this season. Tripp hasn't had too much time to adjust and contribute and Brennan doesn't get the ice time. Stumpel has been a disappointment because the Kings were hoping he would be a solid 2nd line center and he just hasn't played hard enough.

How can you single out any of the other forwards? Straka has the most NHL skills right now, Frolov will probably be the next great Kings forward and Cammy has the tools if he stays healthy. Klatt(8 Goals) and Robitaille(7 Goals) were solid FA pickups. Belanger does all of the little things that don't show up in the box score, but he still has 6 goals.

Jerred Smithson is now third in the NHL in faceoff percentage and has played hard in limited time. Jon Sim has been solid and also has chipped in with 4 goals (even though he shouldn't be on the ice with Palffy). Sean Avery has settled down and stopped taking the stupid stick fouls and has also played a solid forechecking game.

And of course the Kings wouldn't even be close to the top without Palffy. He is by far the NHL MVP so far this season. The fact that he has 21 assists on a team with as many injuries as the Kings is amazing. Now he is starting to shoot a lot more, especially on the PP with the addition of Straka.

But if I had to pick one forward that has made the most impact besides Palffy, I would have to say Straka. He has changed the way the entire team plays the game. He has shown tremendous tenacity in the corners and he pressures the D-men into costly turnovers with his quickness. When Andy finally figures it out that Straka should be playing with Palffy, watch out. I could see Palffy winning the Art Ross trophy with Straka on his line.

Go Kings Go :yo:


Nice post

punchy1 12-12-2003 07:30 PM

It is truly hard to pick for certain. Straka is the player that I and so many others of us wanted and when he came here he has made us proud as pandas! He has been keen his entire time here but, he is only as good as the rest of our talented group I think. That is with the exception of the streaky play of Eric Bellanger. I just think that he hasn't been playing all that great lately. Now, the last couple of games he has scored some great points but he has played poorly defencively and just isn't that tenatious bloke that he has been the rest of his time with the Kings I think. Of course, he is having a good year its just that with so many of our lads playing such great games he is just not playing at thier level the way I see it.

I think the biggest suprise to me so far though is Sean Avery. I never thought he would contribute with any points to mention nor did I think he would play his role so well. I also think that Klatt is playing his game better than I ever thought he could as well. When Allison and Army come back we will get allot deeper and I think that we could become a straight deadly team.

Great post, of course Palffy is our best and its about time he started getting some recognition from the rest of the world as well. Its funny but in that espn power ranking thingy earlier this season it said "he is getting paid like one of the best but isn't playing like it" or something like that even though at the time he was at or near the top in scoring and now that he has been so dominant they talk like they knew it all the time. As long as he gets noticed and what he deserves thats good enough for me. Great post mate.

two out of three* 12-12-2003 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25
Almost every King forward has contributed significantly to the success of the Kings this season. So far Tripp, Brennan and to a lesser extent Stumpel have been to only forwards to disappoint this season. Tripp hasn't had too much time to adjust and contribute and Brennan doesn't get the ice time. Stumpel has been a disappointment because the Kings were hoping he would be a solid 2nd line center and he just hasn't played hard enough.

How can you single out any of the other forwards? Straka has the most NHL skills right now, Frolov will probably be the next great Kings forward and Cammy has the tools if he stays healthy. Klatt(8 Goals) and Robitaille(7 Goals) were solid FA pickups. Belanger does all of the little things that don't show up in the box score, but he still has 6 goals.

Jerred Smithson is now third in the NHL in faceoff percentage and has played hard in limited time. Jon Sim has been solid and also has chipped in with 4 goals (even though he shouldn't be on the ice with Palffy). Sean Avery has settled down and stopped taking the stupid stick fouls and has also played a solid forechecking game.

And of course the Kings wouldn't even be close to the top without Palffy. He is by far the NHL MVP so far this season. The fact that he has 21 assists on a team with as many injuries as the Kings is amazing. Now he is starting to shoot a lot more, especially on the PP with the addition of Straka.

But if I had to pick one forward that has made the most impact besides Palffy, I would have to say Straka. He has changed the way the entire team plays the game. He has shown tremendous tenacity in the corners and he pressures the D-men into costly turnovers with his quickness. When Andy finally figures it out that Straka should be playing with Palffy, watch out. I could see Palffy winning the Art Ross trophy with Straka on his line.


Go Kings Go :yo:

I agree on everything except for John Tripp being a dissapointment. I think he has been playing fine for a 4th line guy.

agentfouser 12-12-2003 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25
Almost every King forward has contributed significantly to the success of the Kings this season. So far Tripp, Brennan and to a lesser extent Stumpel have been to only forwards to disappoint this season. Tripp hasn't had too much time to adjust and contribute and Brennan doesn't get the ice time. Stumpel has been a disappointment because the Kings were hoping he would be a solid 2nd line center and he just hasn't played hard enough.

How can you single out any of the other forwards? Straka has the most NHL skills right now, Frolov will probably be the next great Kings forward and Cammy has the tools if he stays healthy. Klatt(8 Goals) and Robitaille(7 Goals) were solid FA pickups. Belanger does all of the little things that don't show up in the box score, but he still has 6 goals.

Jerred Smithson is now third in the NHL in faceoff percentage and has played hard in limited time. Jon Sim has been solid and also has chipped in with 4 goals (even though he shouldn't be on the ice with Palffy). Sean Avery has settled down and stopped taking the stupid stick fouls and has also played a solid forechecking game.

And of course the Kings wouldn't even be close to the top without Palffy. He is by far the NHL MVP so far this season. The fact that he has 21 assists on a team with as many injuries as the Kings is amazing. Now he is starting to shoot a lot more, especially on the PP with the addition of Straka.

But if I had to pick one forward that has made the most impact besides Palffy, I would have to say Straka. He has changed the way the entire team plays the game. He has shown tremendous tenacity in the corners and he pressures the D-men into costly turnovers with his quickness. When Andy finally figures it out that Straka should be playing with Palffy, watch out. I could see Palffy winning the Art Ross trophy with Straka on his line.

Go Kings Go :yo:

damn, you broke it down. good post.

i would love to see smithson earn himself a full-time job. i think he may the type to earn himself a job on his faceoff skills, but who then makes the most of his chance and develops into a better all-around player.

maximil 12-13-2003 12:32 AM

Best King forward besides Palffy? I'd say Trent Klatt. He works his butt off everynight and really is the glue that makes the Frolov-Belanger-Klatt line work. I think Frolov has looked pretty good with the exception of the first 4 games or so. Cammalleri has been red hot too after coming back from Manchester. I'd like to see Stumpel work a bit harder.


Quote:

Originally Posted by TradeModry
I agree on everything except for John Tripp being a dissapointment. I think he has been playing fine for a 4th line guy.

Yeah, I think I agree. Tripp has been okay. Even though he's a bit slow out there he has been trying hard to fill a role on the team. An example of this would be his fight the other night on his first shift. While I haven't really been impressed with his play thus far I wouldn't say he's been a dissapointment either.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.