HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What the hell did Mironov do ??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=35582)

John Flyers Fan 12-12-2003 06:06 PM

What the hell did Mironov do ???

10 minutes Match penalty for Attempting to injure
Game misconduct.

Good thing for the Rangers it was late in the game, that's a full 10 minute power play, and you can score an unlimited amount.

Pretty much an automatic suspension.

Fire Sather 12-12-2003 06:09 PM

The actually only gave the Sabres a 3 min Power play. Hecht messed that up by taking a penalty.. I dont know what Mironov did, all i saw was MAIR attempted to injure Mironov, He absoulty took a shot at Mironov's head with a cross check.

Kodiak 12-12-2003 06:10 PM

I didn't see exactly what Mironov did, only that he had his gloves off and was still trying to throw punches while the refs were restraining him.

What happened was that Mair took a run at Mironov and nearly laid a huge crosscheck right into his head. I would guess that the match penalty would be rescinded once the league sees the tape, like it was with the Kaspar-Simon spearing incident last year (or year before?).

ragfan 12-12-2003 06:20 PM

I think it was Ulanov who speared Simon.

ap215 12-13-2003 11:53 AM

And Mironov just got a 2 game suspension and Mair only got 1 game.

Brooklyn Ranger 12-13-2003 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ap215
And Mironov just got a 2 game suspension and Mair only got 1 game.

And if Mironov had done the right thing--and pounded him--the most he would have gotten is an extra two minute penalty. Boo-hoo poor Mironov, poor Rangers always getting picked on :cry:

Janerixon 12-13-2003 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
And if Mironov had done the right thing--and pounded him--the most he would have gotten is an extra two minute penalty. Boo-hoo poor Mironov, poor Rangers always getting picked on :cry:

Brooklyn i disagree on this one, mair clearly tried to injure him, i think mironov is justified to be pist, he lost his cool and tried to hurt mair, and he got an extra game for retaliation

if mair had just slashed him or punched him and then mironov lost his cool id be annoyed, but i think if someone tried to crosscheck my head off id probably lose my cool as well

IslanderCountry 12-13-2003 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon
Brooklyn i disagree on this one, mair clearly tried to injure him, i think mironov is justified to be pist, he lost his cool and tried to hurt mair, and he got an extra game for retaliation

if mair had just slashed him or punched him and then mironov lost his cool id be annoyed, but i think if someone tried to crosscheck my head off id probably lose my cool as well

That is crap! even I will admit it, and trust me, I will be the last one to show any pity towards Mironov...
The officiating this year has reached a pinnacle of disgrace...and something needs to be done.

Barnaby 12-13-2003 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon

I agree. I would have lost it, Id be more annoyed if Mirinov didnt stand up for himself after a play like that. The Rangers need to jump Mair next game and show the NHL they dont stand for that BS. You cant let players take runs and try to injure your players.

Janerixon 12-13-2003 02:05 PM

Barney
i agree 100%, we are lucky mironov just ducked because if not wed be talking about how it would be 2-3 months before mironov could skate again

what if that was lindros or nedved last night... we all know both of those players would not have done a thing, so mironov retaliates like he rightly should have, i can agree with 2 games, but mair should have gotten the same if not more...

mair was the first to attempt to injure and when mironov came back after him its not like it was a suprise, he tried to take his head off, mair should have gotten 2 or 3

Islander country
ive only been watching hockey for 20 years, but this has by far been the worst officiated season ive ever seen

you guys got screwed in the ranger-islander game this season, obviously im glad we won but the rangers got screwed in the 2 prior games and then in the game vs tampa after the isle game

bottomline: the officiating has to addressed and now, or god have mercy on any team who makes the playoffs because the players wont determine who wins the zebras will

Brooklyn Ranger 12-13-2003 05:48 PM

I wasn't suggesting that Mironov become a pacifist--just that he react in the right way. Any time a player swings his stick, he's risking a suspension. Settle it the right way, pound Mair into next week and then be able to come back and play the next two games.