HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Islanders brass blaming Hollweg for Simon assault (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=356690)

RangerBoy 03-10-2007 10:53 PM

Islanders brass blaming Hollweg for Simon assault
 
Look at this quote by Ted Nolan

Brendan Witt got sucker punched by Donald Brashear

Quote:

Nolan was equally put off by such a light penalty. "I thought it should have been a five-minute major," he said. Making an obvious reference to Hollweg, Nolan added, "The only saving grace is that hit a real tough guy who didn't whine and complain and lay there like he was dead."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

Tonight on Satellite Hotstove,Pierre LeBrun of the CP said the Islanders are blaming Hollweg for the entire incident.Somehow Chris Simon was concussed on Hollweg's check and that Simon wasn't aware of what he was doing when he attempted to rip Hollweg's head off.Simon seemed to be fine enough to answer the media's questions right after the game

Really what should you expect from a guy like Nolan who for some reason couldn't land another job in the NHL for nearly 10 years when other coaches were getting second and third chances and from Garth Snow who made a mockery of the NHL with his over sized shoulder pads.They looked like shingles

http://www.geocities.com/flyers_4ever/hexysnow.jpg

Snow is on the left

Very classy comments by Nolan:cheers:

dok101 03-10-2007 10:57 PM

The Rangers organization would say and do no different if they were in the Islanders position. Neither would any other organization. Sorry.

Isles4ever11 03-10-2007 10:58 PM

A) This will be taken way out of context. Yes, it was a shot at Hollweg. But he did not BLAME Hollweg for the incident.

B) The point of poknig fun at Garth Snow is....

C) The Islanders are not blaming HOllweg for anything. Simon wrote a whole apology on the Isles site, PR are not, blamed himself completely for the incident.

This thread is ridiculous.

UAGoalieGuy 03-10-2007 10:58 PM

Hmm I have a concussion so I'm going to take a baseball swing at Hollweg's head..yeah that makes soooo much sense. If he was concussed that badly he wouldn't have been able to get up, get his barings, and then actually make contact with Hollwegs face.

Classy move Islanders...real classy...

Balej20* 03-10-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok101 (Post 8459339)
The Rangers organization would say and do no different if they were in the Islanders position. Neither would any other organization. Sorry.

You must be joking.

Wow, and I thought Nolan had class. I guess I was wrong. Utter disgrace. I have nothing more to say on this, I think the Islander Brass has made itself look bad enough.

nyscene 03-10-2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 8459356)
Hmm I have a concussion so I'm going to take a baseball swing at Hollweg's head..yeah that makes soooo much sense. If he was concussed that badly he wouldn't have been able to get up, get his barings, and then actually make contact with Hollwegs face.

Classy move Islanders...real classy...

I'm so glad we've all got UAGoalieGuy MD in the forum to show us the impossibility of Simon being concussed!

UAGoalieGuy 03-10-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyscene (Post 8459405)
I'm so glad we've all got UAGoalieGuy MD in the forum to show us the impossibility of Simon being concussed!

Wow that was a good one. Hope you didn't take that long to think it up. I've had my share of concussions while playing hockey and I'll tell you I've never had the urge to swing my stick at the player that hit me. Please saying that he was "concussed" as the reason for why he did what he did is ridiculous. He snapped, be man enough and say it and don't have your organization try to pawn off this concussion excuse so he doesn't get suspended as long as he should be. It is not a mitigating factor.

I can see your next response, "I'm so glad we've all got UAGoalieGuy, Esquire here..."

Isles4ever11 03-10-2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 8459472)
Please saying that he was "concussed" as the reason for why he did what he did is ridiculous.

They didn't, and he didn't.

Whatever some radio guys said about the Islanders in this is complete ********. When the organization/Simon posts an apology on their website, it is a sign of guilt and admittance of doing something wrong.

Again, this topic is ridiculous, and I don't even get where the shot at Snow came from and why. Whatever.

UAGoalieGuy 03-10-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 (Post 8459503)
They didn't, and he didn't.

Whatever some radio guys said about the Islanders in this is complete ********. When the organization/Simon posts an apology on their website, it is a sign of guilt and admittance of doing something wrong.

Again, this topic is ridiculous, and I don't even get where the shot at Snow came from and why. Whatever.

I didn't take a shot at Snow, but those shoulder pads are HUGE lol. Makes Hextal (sp) look like hes not even wearing anything lol.

dok101 03-10-2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 8459521)
I didn't take a shot at Snow, but those shoulder pads are HUGE lol. Makes Hextal (sp) look like hes not even wearing anything lol.

Come on, bud. How else was he going to stop the puck. :D

Isles4ever11 03-10-2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 8459521)
I didn't take a shot at Snow, but those shoulder pads are HUGE lol. Makes Hextal (sp) look like hes not even wearing anything lol.

I know you didn't, just wondering why RangerBoy did. Pretty uncalled for, if you ask me.

And yeah, those shoulder pads are huge. :amazed:

UAGoalieGuy 03-10-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok101 (Post 8459548)
Come on, bud. How else was he going to stop the puck. :D

lol isn't he like 6'4" to start? The shoulder pads keep him at 6'4" even when he goes down haha

FLYLine24 03-10-2007 11:19 PM

Keep it clean guys. This will stay open as long as you make it.



Nolan should see how it feels to take a baseball swing to the face by a hockey stick and see if he gets up in 2 minutes. Hell if that was me..i'd be down for the count.

IslesFanatic 03-10-2007 11:21 PM

flyline i thought you are a mod andnot supposedto saystuff like that? and it wasnt a baseball swing becase if it was he would have been dead.

UAGoalieGuy 03-10-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesFanatic (Post 8459596)
flyline i thought you are a mod andnot supposedto saystuff like that? and it wasnt a baseball swing becase if it was he would have been dead.

check swing? lol

IslesFanatic 03-10-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 8459605)
check swing? lol

yeah :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Isles4ever11 03-10-2007 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 8459578)
Keep it clean guys. This will stay open as long as you make it.



Nolan should see how it feels to take a baseball swing to the face by a hockey stick and see if he gets up in 2 minutes. Hell if that was me..i'd be down for the count.

The comment is a clear shot at Hollweg, but I like it If Avery and others can dish it out, why can't Nolan. It adds more to the rivalry.

Nolan knows it was wrong. But he's not about to turn away his boy. (they've known each other for 20 years)

Hell, if Renney said that, I'd say the same thing.

I do, however, fail to see how the Islanders are blaming Hollweg for the incident. :dunno:

FLYLine24 03-10-2007 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesFanatic (Post 8459596)
flyline i thought you are a mod andnot supposedto saystuff like that? and it wasnt a baseball swing becase if it was he would have been dead.

I am still allowed to state my opinion on the board. I'm just stating my opinion on Nolan for him stating the opinion that Hollweg played dead after take the stick to the face.

broadwayblue 03-10-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 (Post 8459621)
The comment is a clear shot at Hollweg, but I like it If Avery and others can dish it out, why can't Nolan. It adds more to the rivalry.

Avery is not a head coach.

RangerBoy 03-10-2007 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 (Post 8459353)
A) This will be taken way out of context. Yes, it was a shot at Hollweg. But he did not BLAME Hollweg for the incident.

B) The point of poknig fun at Garth Snow is....

C) The Islanders are not blaming HOllweg for anything. Simon wrote a whole apology on the Isles site, PR are not, blamed himself completely for the incident.

This thread is ridiculous.

Watch this and listen carefully to LeBrun's comments

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic...-hotstove.html

"The Islanders brought up Hollweg's reputation of questionable hits as a reason for Simon's actions"

Nolan is accusing Hollweg of faking his injury.Disrespecting the game.Do you think Hollweg faked his injury by laying on the ice or has whined to the media?Ted has to watch his mouth

Regarding Snow.He made a mockery of the NHL.His pads were a joke.Hollweg hasn't made a mockery of the NHL by laying dead on the ice after taking a baseball swing with a stick to the face.Snow is making the Islanders case to Campbell

Isles4ever11 03-10-2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 8459716)
Watch this and listen carefully to LeBrun's comments

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic...-hotstove.html

"The Islanders brought up Hollweg's reputation of questionable hits as a reason for Simon's actions"

:shakehead That's not at all what he said. He said the Islanders have brought up the fact that Hollweg is known for his physicality, which could cause Simon to get pissed, with LeBrun then giving his opinion about the questionable hits.

Then he said the Islanders don't condone nor defend Simon.

So where you came up with that, I have NO idea.

Quote:

Nolan is accusing Hollweg of faking his injury.Disrespecting the game.Do you think Hollweg faked his injury by laying on the ice or has whined to the media?Ted has to watch his mouth
Or what? The Rangers are going to get pissed and throw some hits at the Islanders? Maybe take a stupid penalty?

I'm sure the Rangers are going to put in some sort of legal retaliation to Smyth/Blake/Hunter etc.

If it adds to the rivalry, I'm all for it. Much more fun when both teams are competitive, no?

Quote:

Regarding Snow.He made a mockery of the NHL.His pads were a joke.Hollweg hasn't made a mockery of the NHL by laying dead on the ice after taking a baseball swing with a stick to the face.Snow is making the Islanders case to Campbell
I don't think this deserves a response.

Obviously, Snow is going to make a case for his player. Everyone knows it was wrong. No one is condoning it. And NO ONE is blaming Hollweg.

Sather would defend his player in the same situation, rightfully so.

Jarkko Immonen 03-10-2007 11:54 PM

I see no blaming of anyone.

Lost Kangaroo 03-11-2007 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 8459716)
Watch this and listen carefully to LeBrun's comments

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic...-hotstove.html

"The Islanders brought up Hollweg's reputation of questionable hits as a reason for Simon's actions"

Nolan is accusing Hollweg of faking his injury.Disrespecting the game.Do you think Hollweg faked his injury by laying on the ice or has whined to the media?Ted has to watch his mouth

Regarding Snow.He made a mockery of the NHL.His pads were a joke.Hollweg hasn't made a mockery of the NHL by laying dead on the ice after taking a baseball swing with a stick to the face.Snow is making the Islanders case to Campbell




I think if I were going to spin something I heard into something so far from what was really said, I most likely wouldnt follow it up by posting a link to what was actually said. I am of the oppinion that you are really reaching here.

RangerBoy 03-11-2007 12:10 AM

Ryan Hollweg must have gone to one of the WWF wrestling camps where wrestlers learn how to properly take a chair to the head without getting hurt

It's almost like Nolan is saying if Hollweg had gotten up right up after taking Simon's stick to his face then Simon wouldn't be facing a lengthy ban

Pizza 03-11-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok101 (Post 8459339)
The Rangers organization would say and do no different if they were in the Islanders position. Neither would any other organization. Sorry.

WOW....Just wow. Totally, incredibly, even hilariously PATHETIC! Nassau is an organization with mud for a foundation. Always nice to get a reminder of how cool I was not to have converted along with all those band wagoners when I was a kid. To be an Islander fan right now is to be embarrassed.....you would hope, but nah, probably not :biglaugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.