HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs VS Bolts game thread (dec. 13th) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=35682)

Munchausen 12-13-2003 07:47 AM

Habs VS Bolts game thread (dec. 13th)

http://membres.lycos.fr/fhl/goalies/logo/mon.gifVS http://membres.lycos.fr/fhl/goalies/logo/tam.gif

Time : 7:30 ET, 4:30 PT
TV : RDS, SRC
Radio : CJAD, CKAC, TEAM 990 Postgame

RDS Line-Up News
Stat Comparison
NHL.com Score Sheets

The Montreal Canadiens will try to redeem themselves after a rather poor showing against the Florida Panthers Friday evening. They'll be facing the Lightning which after a flawless start to their season are now starting to show signs of cooling off a bit, losing 2 straight games and going 2-6-2 in their last 10. They'll be looking to have this streak stop as soon as tonight in front of their fans. The Habs Jose Theodore has faced a ton of rubber against the Cats and one can only wonder if he's going to be the one designated by coach Julien for a second night in a row to face the Bolts. After last night's dismal performance however, we should expect to see some line juggling in Montreal's lineup.

Habs last game's lineup

38 Bulis - 11 Koivu - 73 Ryder
20 Zednik - 71 Ribeiro - 26 Dagenais
24 Dackell - 90 Juneau - 37 Sundstrom
25 Kilger - 94 Perreault - 82 Audette

44 Souray - 05 Quintal
79 Markov - 08 Komisarek
51 Bouillon - 52 Rivet

Bolts' recent lineup

08 Cibak - 19 Richards - 17 Fedotenko
33 Modin - 04 Lecavalier - 26 St. Louis
61 Stillman - 25 Andreychuk - 24 Willis
11 Dingman - 27 Taylor - 29 Afanasenkov

37 Lukowich - 44 Pratt
05 Cullimore - 21 Sarich
38 Rumble - 13 Kubina

Keys of tonight's game
  • Will Patrice Brisebois be reinserted in the lineup as soon as tonight seeing how his absence was felt last night?
  • Can Lecavalier, Richards and St. Louis boost the Bolts' offence?
  • Will Begin be able to come back from a shoulder injury that's been bothering him on and off this season to spark the team to victory?
  • Will the Habs leaders rise in the locker room and jump start a team that barely had a pulse last night?
  • Can the Habs come back to their system to reduce the number of shots against?

Canadiens key players

http://www.canadiens.com/_static/ima..._shoots800.jpg

http://www.canadiens.com/_static/ima..._skates800.jpg

Tuggy 12-13-2003 08:05 AM

I am curious to see how this team will respond tonight after last night's dismal performance. 49 shots? How does that happen... :dunno:

Anyways...no word yet on who is in the net tonight but I would start Theo if it was up to me. Give him a chance to get us back on track. I do agree that there will probably be some line juggling but I just hope that doesn't mean Audette will end up on the ice for more then 12 mins tonight. Or who knows maybe Audette will score a hat-trick tonight :lol: , speaking of hat-tricks...I'm trying to think who was the last habs to score one?

Habber 12-13-2003 08:08 AM

Gazette this morning said Breezer is out 7-10 days, so he's going to miss a few. Maybe we'll see Begin, though.

Hopefully we see a good game tonight and the boys come out hard, good teams bounce back from bad losses.

I think we might see some line juggling tonight from CJ. It's obvious Perrault and Audette on the 4th line doesn't work. We need an energy line on the 4th, not a floaters line.

I assume Theo will get the start again, even though it's back to back games. He was sharp last night and we're going to need that agin from him tonight for any chance to win.

3-2 Habs

BigM1ke 12-13-2003 08:15 AM

Begin must play to give the Habs that energy they were missing vs Florida.

May Garon be in the net?

Tuggy 12-13-2003 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big M1ke
Begin must play to give the Habs that energy they were missing vs Florida.

May Garon be in the net?

Probably a good bet on Garon since this is the 3rd game in 4 nights but I prefer Theo in this game.

CalgaryThrasher 12-13-2003 08:51 AM

Hey Guys, do you know who's starting tonite? I have both Hab tenders in my pool. Thanks

KILLger 12-13-2003 09:35 AM

I don't think that Dagenais will be playing on one of the first two lines. Audette was put on a top line, nearing the end of the game and I'm guessing he'll start next on the same.

Habsolution 12-13-2003 10:13 AM

I heard during the game last night that Bégin was concerned about his injury. It's the same old nagging shoulder injury he's had since the beginning of the season. Houde and Pedneault were saying that there were chances he'd need surgery. Fingers crossed it never comes to that.

Munchausen 12-13-2003 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolution
Houde and Pedneault were saying that there were chances he'd need surgery. Fingers crossed it never comes to that.

I agree, we cannot afford to lose him too long, and I don't know if this says more about Begin or the Habs.

Habber 12-13-2003 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalgaryThrasher
Hey Guys, do you know who's starting tonite? I have both Hab tenders in my pool. Thanks

I'd bet on Theo getting the start based on his play last night, but if you check back here an hour or so before gametime I'm sure we'll know for sure.

Wildbeliefs 12-13-2003 11:54 AM

good job on the thread, munchausen... i'm sure jl would be proud. :)

Habsolution 12-13-2003 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
I agree, we cannot afford to lose him too long, and I don't know if this says more about Begin or the Habs.

I'd say it says a lot about both the habs and Bégin. They desperatly need character and Bégin is an awesome character guy.

Wildbeliefs 12-13-2003 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
...Or who knows maybe Audette will score a hat-trick tonight :lol: , speaking of hat-tricks...I'm trying to think who was the last habs to score one?

Koivu scored one last season against Pittsburgh in November... I'm not sure if any habs players scored a hat trick after that though.

Tuggy 12-13-2003 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
Koivu scored one last season against Pittsburgh in November... I'm not sure if any habs players scored a hat trick after that though.

Oh yeah I remember that game...I am rooting for Quintal to get the next one :handclap:

Habber 12-13-2003 02:00 PM

Begin is out for sure tonight.

Ribs hurt his groin last night and is doubtful for tonight. Guess Kilger will have to centre the 4th line tonight and Langdon will have to play as well.

Source: RDS

Munchausen 12-13-2003 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
good job on the thread, munchausen... i'm sure jl would be proud. :)

Thanks. Just tried to mimic his style, not wanting to take his sunshine away. After all he's the official thread starter now (doing a heck of a job I should add). :D

Munchausen 12-13-2003 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
Begin is out for sure tonight.

Ribs hurt his groin last night and is doubtful for tonight. Guess Kilger will have to centre the 4th line tonight and Langdon will have to play as well.

Source: RDS

Also Roy is in for the Bolts so I guess we can expect something between him and Langdon tonight, as now would be a good moment to try and light a fire for his teammates.

Kerberos* 12-13-2003 02:09 PM

What's the crap on src?

legaspesien 12-13-2003 02:15 PM

Ribiero is game time status--------Groin

Kerberos* 12-13-2003 02:19 PM

Will they just make a 3 hour show on Koivu or will they put on the hockey game?

Tricolore#20 12-13-2003 02:23 PM

My TV Guide says the game will be shown at 7h30 MST... or 9h30 EST for you Quebeckers.

What gives, game on the east coast at 9h30?

Kerberos* 12-13-2003 02:24 PM

19 h
Nos bras meurtris vous tendent le flambeau @
Court métrage satirique écrit par André Truand et réalisé par Guillaume Lonergan. Avec Raymond Cloutier, Richard Robitaille et Claudine Paquette. Dans un restaurant, deux hommes se rencontrent afin de mettre au point un contrat hors de l'ordinaire. Le client, un amateur de hockey contrarié des performances de son club de hockey favori, rencontre celui qui a accepté de supprimer les membres de la décevante équipe. L'amateur de hockey soutient que l'équipe aurait plus de chance de performer si elle repartait de zéro. L'essentiel du film se déroule donc autour de la discussion entre le client et «le contractuel» qui pose une importante condition à l'exécution de son contrat. Production : Zone Films inc.

Tricolore#20 12-13-2003 02:27 PM

What's going on? Is the game going to start at 7h30 EST? Thats what it says on the Lightning website...

But my TV Guide says 7h30 MST.. What the heck>!?

Bud The Spud* 12-13-2003 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
What's going on? Is the game going to start at 7h30 EST? Thats what it says on the Lightning website...

But my TV Guide says 7h30 MST.. What the heck>!?

I thought it was 7:30 EST too, which is 8:30 for me. I don't know what's going on now. :dunno:

Kerberos* 12-13-2003 02:31 PM

Oh well, Koivu is traded for 2 first round picks :p