HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers Announce Signing of Pyatt (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=357243)

RedLightDistrict 03-12-2007 03:59 PM

Rangers Announce Signing of Pyatt

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2749

Quote:

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has signed center Tom Pyatt to a professional contract.

Pyatt
Pyatt, 20, has skated in 56 games with the Saginaw Spirit of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) this season, registering 42 goals and 38 assists for 80 points, along with a plus-32 rating and 18 penalty minutes. Among league leaders, the OHL Western Conference All-Star is currently tied for first in game-winning goals (nine), tied for third in shorthanded goals (six), tied for sixth in goals (42), and tied for 11th in plus/minus (+32).
Good Signing, it loooks like after this season, Stephen Colbert won't have much to cheer about for his beloved Spirit; if he makes the roster, the Spirit will be missing a solid offensive spark in Pyatt.

For the Rangers though::yo:

Edit: FLY, Melrose, my bad. Didn't see anything in the prospect thread. Delete if needed.
The team is getting progressively younger, and Pyatt is a player I expect to contribute as a great asset once he earns a regular roster spot

GarretJoseph* 03-12-2007 04:03 PM

I've never felt so excited about our youth... ever...

FLYLine24* 03-12-2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerbunny1024 (Post 8476163)
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2749

Good Signing, it loooks like after this season, Stephen Colbert won't have much to cheer about for his beloved Spirit; if he makes the roster, the Spirit will be missing a solid offensive spark in Pyatt.

For the Rangers though::yo:

Edit: FLY, Melrose, my bad. Didn't see anything in the prospect thread. Delete if needed.The team is getting progressively younger, and Pyatt is a player I expect to contribute as a great asset once he earns a regular roster spot

This can stay since its pretty big news with a player being signed. Little things like a minor injury, a clip of a hit, etc should stay in the Propsect thread.

Grats Pyatt, can't wait to see him in the AHL next season...I could see him having a Callahan type season (not as many goals though but better defense).

UAGoalieGuy 03-12-2007 04:10 PM

I think Pyatt is the Rangesr 3rd line center of the future. He can put the puck in the net, take the body, is responsible in his own end, and is an amazing penalty killer. I'm feeling a future 3rd line of:

Byers-Pyatt-Callahan

RedLightDistrict 03-12-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 8476274)
I think Pyatt is the Rangesr 3rd line center of the future. He can put the puck in the net, take the body, is responsible in his own end, and is an amazing penalty killer. I'm feeling a future 3rd line of:

Byers-Pyatt-Callahan

See, I wouldn't be dissapointed, but I feel that given the right circumstances, that Cally and Tom can reach for a higher plateau on the roster once they are in their prime. As for Byers, I haven't seen much of him to have a legit opinion. But from what I've hear overall, this seems like a satisfying combination for the third line down the road.

Jarkko Immonen 03-12-2007 05:59 PM

Is Pyatt going to be in the NHL or AHL now?

FLYLine24* 03-12-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen (Post 8477398)
Is Pyatt going to be in the NHL or AHL now?

AHL.

Jarkko Immonen 03-12-2007 06:20 PM

Nice :D

dank 03-12-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

“It’s nice to sign your first contract”, stated Pyatt, “It’s good to move my game up to the next level. I am looking forward to (the New York Rangers) training camp next fall.”
http://www.saginawspirit.com/ss/home...25729D0002527F

:yo:

Bird Law 03-12-2007 07:34 PM

Speaking of Byers (I know, I know, wrong thread but he was mentioned), I have been pleasantly surprised by him this far. I was a bit miffed at the time of the pick, but I think he'll turn into a solid bottom 2 line player.

BigE 03-12-2007 07:38 PM

I'm really looking forward to Tommy moving up a level as well.

It could very well be that he comes into training camp and claims the title of "most fit."

Boy is Hartford going to have a team for the next few years. Hopefully that also translates into Rangers success. ;)

Lundqvist=Vezina 03-12-2007 07:39 PM

Good, I have always felt Pyatt has been underrated, hes put up some good numbers in the OHL. He has 80 points in 56 and is 21st in scoring.

EDIT: I didn't see that the stats were right there. Bascially i just gave you information that was already in the article:badidea:

ATLANTARANGER* 03-12-2007 07:48 PM

Wow, another lucky selection by our stupid scouts. The OHL must be really slippin to have a player like Pyatt rack up all those goals and assists. He must be a super senior or something.

shoothepuck 03-12-2007 07:52 PM

Good sign, he should perform well in the AHL.

DarthSather99 03-12-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 8476274)

Byers-Pyatt-Callahan

man if I had a nickle for every time one of our prospects were thought of as a third line player. Not that I don't agree with what you said bit I'd love do get us a prospect that wows us enough to think of being a first line player.

A gamle on a player like Esposito in the upcoming draft? A gamble yes, but we have alot of these safe third line player types. It's time to swing for the fences.

Maybe a package of young players for that one dynamic player....

jas 03-12-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSather99 (Post 8479231)
man if I had a nickle for every time one of our prospects were thought of as a third line player. Not that I don't agree with what you said bit I'd love do get us a prospect that wows us enough to think of being a first line player.

A gamle on a player like Esposito in the upcoming draft? A gamble yes, but we have alot of these safe third line player types. It's time to swing for the fences.

Maybe a package of young players for that one dynamic player....

Turris or Couture!!!!

DarthSather99 03-12-2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 8479270)
Turris or Couture!!!!

Turris ...<put salivating icon here>

ATLANTARANGER* 03-12-2007 10:31 PM

Pyatt could very well turn into a Rod Brind'mour type player. As he matures he gets better and better. At the least I think we have a solid 2 way player with a lot of determination. Next up should be the new Moose, Brodie Dupont.

kovalev27hf 03-12-2007 10:58 PM

if espo is anyway possible available when we draft it would be DUMB not to take the guy for the very reasons you stated. time to take a shot. the 03 draft was NOT the year to do that this is.

RedLightDistrict 03-12-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER (Post 8480278)
Pyatt could very well turn into a Rod Brind'mour type player. As he matures he gets better and better. At the least I think we have a solid 2 way player with a lot of determination. Next up should be the new Moose, Brodie Dupont.

In that case, i wouldn't be dissapointed in Pyatt. After all, we've never had a Selke winner before.:D

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-12-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER (Post 8480278)

is Pyatt physical??? i know he dont get alot of pim which is good but u cant tell from that. anyone think he can be a Mike Fisher type without the injuries?? I dont think Pyatt is as physical as Brind'mour is.

jBuds 03-12-2007 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHall18NYR (Post 8480982)
is Pyatt physical??? i know he dont get alot of pim which is good but u cant tell from that. anyone think he can be a Mike Fisher type without the injuries?? I dont think Pyatt is as physical as Brind'mour is.

We know Taylor isn't! (obligatory for Tom Pyatt threads, no?)

He's a solid center IMO... he'll put up a fight in camp next year, but I'd think he's going to start in HFD to begin the year.

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-12-2007 11:34 PM

here is a goal that Tom scored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDIzaYHDb3E

Pizza 03-12-2007 11:37 PM

The Rangers have a real good player in Pyatt. His skills combined with his conditioning are going to raise the bar for other Ranger prospects.

in the hall 03-12-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER (Post 8478403)
Wow, another lucky selection by our stupid scouts. The OHL must be really slippin to have a player like Pyatt rack up all those goals and assists. He must be a super senior or something.

you are so annoying