HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT : Dave Hilton returns to the ring (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=357650)

Bronn 03-13-2007 05:28 PM

OT : Dave Hilton returns to the ring

:shakehead

Thanks to Regis Levesque.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2007/...on-boxing.html

Can't wait for this disgusting POS to be booed out of the arena.I was watching RDS a few minutes ago and they show a clip of him signing autographs.I simply can't believe that some people still admire that guy after what he did.I truly hope that he get his ass kicked by Greene.

Edit : Changed the link for an english one :)

Souray44 03-13-2007 05:43 PM

Whats this now? Is this about the sledge hockey guys gold medal? Can anyone translate?

Thanks in advance.

RC51 03-13-2007 05:46 PM

It just goes to show the Boxing is all about.
Hilton still can get a job after his history?
Boxing is willing to make an extra dollar no matter who.
these Boxing people would promote Hitler in his Nazi suite and a whip against a 52lbs Jewish concentration camp prisoner if they could make a buck.

HUMM, Hilton?Hitler? same thing.

Quiet Robert 03-13-2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souray44 (Post 8489226)
Whats this now? Is this about the sledge hockey guys gold medal? Can anyone translate?

Thanks in advance.

What? Haha, that's about the only chuckle you'll get out of this story.

Dave Hilton is a POS who molested his daughters. He's an old boxer who just got out of jail and now he's going to fight again in May according to the article.

tiredman 03-13-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Side (Post 8489082)
:shakehead

Thanks to Regis Levesque.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2007/...on-boxing.html

Can't wait for this disgusting POS to be booed out of the arena.I was watching RDS a few minutes ago and they show a clip of him signing autographs.I simply can't believe that some people still admire that guy after what he did.I truly hope that he get his ass kicked by Greene.

Edit : Changed the link for an english one :)

Regis Levesque is crazy. I saw him at 110% trying to defend this project of bringing back Dave Hilton to the ring and he was just incoherent.

I love this sport but I'm not interested at all in this fight.

Souray44 03-13-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Robert (Post 8489272)
What? Haha, that's about the only chuckle you'll get out of this story.

Dave Hilton is a POS who molested his daughters. He's an old boxer who just got out of jail and now he's going to fight again in May according to the article.

Wow...I read returns the ring not to the ring. Horrible story.

Habs10Habs 03-13-2007 06:23 PM

Dave Hilton is a POS....no doubt about it. But he's served his time, he should be allowed to make a living. If you want to be pissed off at anything, be pissed off at our legal system for handing out such a ridiculously small sentence.

Weztex 03-13-2007 11:04 PM

If he need to make a living he can come and clean my washroom. It just go to prove that boxe has no values and that is a big black eye to the sport. That POS shouldn't be allowed to walk on a ring anymore.

How some people can still ask him autographs is beyond me.

Habs10Habs 03-13-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weztex (Post 8496057)
If he need to make a living he can come and clean my washroom. It just go to prove that boxe has no values and that is a big black eye to the sport. That POS shouldn't be allowed to walk on a ring anymore.

How some people can still ask him autographs is beyond me.

I totally agree with you, I can't understand how after what he did people would have any respect for him at all.

Phil Parent 03-13-2007 11:30 PM

If I were in power, people like Dave Hilton would be sentenced to life in forced work.

Don't know who to vote for? Write me in.

Habs10Habs 03-13-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Parent (Post 8496356)
If I were in power, people like Dave Hilton would be sentenced to life in forced work.

You definitely have my vote Phil :thumbu:

GSK* 03-13-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 8489634)
Dave Hilton is a POS....no doubt about it. But he's served his time, he should be allowed to make a living. If you want to be pissed off at anything, be pissed off at our legal system for handing out such a ridiculously small sentence.

:handclap: :handclap:

VirginiaMtlExpat 03-14-2007 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Parent (Post 8496356)

The Prime Minister does not ask his constituents for tips on how to dress. :p:

Maddas* 03-14-2007 09:53 AM

I always get him and Lucas confused. Which is the one who nonced his own children?

La Grosse Tendresse 03-14-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat (Post 8498615)

:biglaugh:

But yeah, Dave Hilton is probably going to get mugged at the event, so yeah, I want him to appear in public.

La Grosse Tendresse 03-14-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddas (Post 8499126)
I always get him and Lucas confused. Which is the one who nonced his own children?

Hilton.

mcphee 03-14-2007 12:32 PM

When I moved to Eastern Ontario in 93, I was commuting to Mtl for work every day for awhile. My father was next door and told me one day, that he had given some guy a few hundred bucks to spread some sealer on the roof of our barn.

He told me that the guy doing the work was a boxer but he couldn't remember the guy's name. Fast forward about a year and I'm outside when a small pick up pulls up in our drive way. The driver looked vaguely familiar, I thought it was someone I knew from Mtl. He menetionned that he had done some roofing for us.

A woman got out and asked if it would be alright if she spoke to my wife. I remember the way she asked because it seemed that she needed my permission, which definitely isn't the way my family works.

Apparently she was selling rugs out of the back of the truck. While they spoke, I walked over to the guy, who introduced himself when I said he was familiar. He said something like ' well I sued to box a bit in Mtl but I'm retired now' It dawned on me that he was Davey Hilton. We had a nice chat about the boxing business, he told me how he had trained with Tyson in the Catskills, back when Cus D'Amato was still alive. He said how Tyson was a good guy then, but when he got out into the world...

The thing is, he was likeable,very unassuming, and seemed humble. He looked into the stuff in our barn and I mentionned that my wife builds furniture, and he joked about how he was living in Cornwall, and how they had little furniture and how when he and his wife fought, it would really echo. That sort of told me that the sooner the conversation ended, the better. They drove off and that was the end of it.

The story came out a few years later that we're all aware of. I'd bet that anyone with me chatting idly about boxing that day, would have thought they were chatting with just a nice guy. Wow, sure turned out different.

mcphee 03-14-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat (Post 8498615)

He should. Humility's an important quality.

Habs10Habs 03-14-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee (Post 8500566)
When I moved to Eastern Ontario in 93, I was commuting to Mtl for work every day for awhile. My father was next door and told me one day, that he had given some guy a few hundred bucks to spread some sealer on the roof of our barn.

He told me that the guy doing the work was a boxer but he couldn't remember the guy's name. Fast forward about a year and I'm outside when a small pick up pulls up in our drive way. The driver looked vaguely familiar, I thought it was someone I knew from Mtl. He menetionned that he had done some roofing for us.

A woman got out and asked if it would be alright if she spoke to my wife. I remember the way she asked because it seemed that she needed my permission, which definitely isn't the way my family works.

Apparently she was selling rugs out of the back of the truck. While they spoke, I walked over to the guy, who introduced himself when I said he was familiar. He said something like ' well I sued to box a bit in Mtl but I'm retired now' It dawned on me that he was Davey Hilton. We had a nice chat about the boxing business, he told me how he had trained with Tyson in the Catskills, back when Cus D'Amato was still alive. He said how Tyson was a good guy then, but when he got out into the world...

The thing is, he was likeable,very unassuming, and seemed humble. He looked into the stuff in our barn and I mentionned that my wife builds furniture, and he joked about how he was living in Cornwall, and how they had little furniture and how when he and his wife fought, it would really echo. That sort of told me that the sooner the conversation ended, the better. They drove off and that was the end of it.

The story came out a few years later that we're all aware of. I'd bet that anyone with me chatting idly about boxing that day, would have thought they were chatting with just a nice guy. Wow, sure turned out different.

Thanks for sharing this mcphee, from all of your experiences. If you ever decide to write a book, plus let me know because I'll be the first one to buy it :D

danyhabsfan 03-14-2007 12:38 PM

In a survey only 10% would see an hilton fight

Régis said: ******** la bonne femme passe la balayeuse, jconnais pas dave hilton, lautre a fait le souper connait pas dave hilton.

too funny:biglaugh:

Haddock 03-14-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddas (Post 8499126)

Éric Lucas is one of the most kind hearted public figure/athlete I've ever seen. He's a soft spoken family man always willing to help out charities and talk to fans.

Hilton is a child rapist.

Haddock 03-14-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danyhabsfan (Post 8500637)
In a survey only 10% would see an hilton fight

Régis said: ******** la bonne femme passe la balayeuse, jconnais pas dave hilton, lautre a fait le souper connait pas dave hilton.

too funny:biglaugh:

Régis is a character allright! He's kind of sad and pathetic, but he's entertaining!

zenator 03-14-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee (Post 8500566)
The thing is, he was likeable,very unassuming, and seemed humble.

A lot of child molesters, or similar types of criminals can fool people into thinking they are a nice guy. They usually have an act in order to seem trusting to gain access to children. Now this guy molested his own kids, so it doesn't apply here, but many evildoers have the ability to seem nice, and fool people.

I can't believe Hilton has "fans" or people that would want his autograph. Maybe his "personality" fooled them.

I can only hope something very bad happens to him inside the ring.

He is still in denial about his crimes, apparently.

What a sicko. :shakehead

AH 03-14-2007 12:47 PM

Isn't Hilton's ex-wife the sister of Arturo Gatti?

I remember Gatti being pissed at Hilton when he first went to jail.

Haddock 03-14-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH (Post 8500749)
Isn't Hilton's ex-wife the sister of Arturo Gatti?

I remember Gatti being pissed at Hilton when he first went to jail.

She was on the news yesterday cursing at the idea of him fighting in front of people again. Both here and Arturo are still incredibly pissed, as they should. None of that forgiveness bullsh*t there.