HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Alex Bourret (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=357903)

VIL8BUBBLE 03-14-2007 11:34 AM

Alex Bourret

I haven't seen or heard anything about this guy since the deadline, has anyone seen him in Hartford play? what are your impressions. All I see is that he has played in 7 games and registered 1 assist. I know alot of scouts have said he doesn't take himself seriously, meaning he is kind of a coaster who doesn't work that hard and uses skill to get by. Is that what is happening in HFD, or do they have him buried on the 4th line with no ice time? I know 7 games is a very short sample size, but give me your initial impressions. Do we have another Pavel Brendl type of guy on our hands, or is it just taking him time to adjust to the new squad?

free0717 03-14-2007 11:48 AM

Give the guy some time. He doesnt speak English and is probably having a hard time communicating with his teamates. He started off slow at Chicago also and started to come on. Geez, we only gave up Dupuis and a 3rd.

TheRedressor 03-14-2007 12:03 PM

Not to mention that he is the youngest player in the league right now.

bleedrngrblue 03-14-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free0717 (Post 8500108)
Give the guy some time. He doesnt speak English and is probably having a hard time communicating with his teamates. He started off slow at Chicago also and started to come on. Geez, we only gave up Dupuis and a 3rd.

What is he ...Quebecois? The language barrier can be overcome so its no big deal.

bobbop 03-14-2007 12:10 PM

Give him a year in the system. He would have been our pick at #16 (according to Dave Maloney) so they have a handle on what he can do. He certainly put up some numbers in the QMJHL. The current organization seems to be very good about getting the training a player needs to develop their talent.

Inferno 03-14-2007 12:18 PM

exactly, im not even going to pay attention to him till AFTER next season. thats when i feel he should be playing at a high AHL level.

VIL8BUBBLE 03-14-2007 12:58 PM

thats all I was asking. Is he just getting acustomed to our team, is he not getting playing time, who is he playing with? All I see is the box scores, I don't know anything else about him other than the scouting reports I read on this website. I know 7 games is a very small sample size, but I woulda thought an offensive player like him would have put up a few more points. I guess it does take time to get accustomed, like what Korpi and Jessiman went through, but hes not coming into a new league. He is still facing the same competition, just has new teammates. Thats why I am asking if anyone has seen him play, what did they think. Did he look lost out there, or is he actually playing hard and just notting putting up any numbers?

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-14-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIL8BUBBLE (Post 8500872)
thats all I was asking. Is he just getting acustomed to our team, is he not getting playing time, who is he playing with? All I see is the box scores, I don't know anything else about him other than the scouting reports I read on this website. I know 7 games is a very small sample size, but I woulda thought an offensive player like him would have put up a few more points. I guess it does take time to get accustomed, like what Korpi and Jessiman went through, but hes not coming into a new league. He is still facing the same competition, just has new teammates. Thats why I am asking if anyone has seen him play, what did they think. Did he look lost out there, or is he actually playing hard and just notting putting up any numbers?

anyone know what Bourrets average ice time on the Pack and what was it on the Wolves????

TheRedressor 03-14-2007 02:27 PM

His icetime is going to skyrocket now that Cally is with the Rangers.

dank 03-14-2007 03:03 PM

also, where can one get icetime for AHL games? i haven't seen it on theahl.com ..

Levitate 03-14-2007 03:07 PM

I'm pretty sure he speaks english quite well...they did an interview with him during a game right after he came over, and it sounded like he spoke english just fine

Osminator 03-14-2007 03:14 PM

i cant recall it matterd in terms of scoring if someone spoke russian, english, frensh or swedish. it doesnt matter if you call it goal, but, tor or whatever... PUT THE PUCK IN THE NET...

FLYLine24* 03-14-2007 03:50 PM

In the 4 games i've watch him play on the Pack so far, he's been invisable.

I wouldn't look into that though that much, like others said he is one of the youngest players in the league and he just got moved to a new team, new teammates, new system, etc.

The Thomas J.* 03-14-2007 04:03 PM

I think judging by what I have read on various sights that Bourret is at least 2 years away from seeing any time with an NHL team

Ola 03-14-2007 05:58 PM

Yeah, he have been invisible.

A bit dissapointing IMO, even taking everything into consideration.

I've seen him one game in the Q, his game centers allot around taking the puck north to south. He is a good skater, and got that little special edge, especially in how he accelerates with the puck, and while turning ect.

Though so far in HFD he have kind of looked like a Ryan Hollweg who trys to be a offensive player. I haven't seen anything from him in the skating department, he keeps up with the flow but thats just about it. He have made a odd hit but that just about it.

From what I have understood Bourret felt that he weren't gooing to make it this year, and kind of didn't really push himself knowing that he would have to spend time in the AHL anyway.

I ask myself, without knowing the answear, can that work?

Anyone remember a interview with Saur in the BB? He said something like, I know that if I am gooing to make it to the NHL I have to be better then several thousends other hockeyplayers my age. I know that as hard as I work, there is always another kid somewhere around the word who are working just as hard. I can never stopp working and think I will make it anyway.

In principle, nobody will become a star in the NHL without working extremely hard. I've always liked Dubinsky allot, but he also were a kid who maybe didn't give it 110% at younger age, and I were questionble if he still could make it. He looks good now though, so...

I defenitly think Bourret should be given allot more time. He can't be at our rookie camp (you can't be a pro there, CBA rules), but he can still take instructions from Renney's coaching team, and work by them.

Though, I wouldn't have minded if he atleast would have showed some promise in the AHL, I don't care about the scoring, thats so much circumstances and can come in a hurry, but it will take longer for him to first get his abilitys up to a great level, and then learn to use em...

goldglove 03-14-2007 06:33 PM

I saw him play here in shawinigan , that guy can play the game! He was very physical and very good offensively. He started the season slowly but finished among the best scorers in the league. He's still young, you've a very good prospect.

GarretJoseph 03-14-2007 07:54 PM

Just looked n my "The Hockey News" Magazine year book & hes listed as one of Atlantas top 10 prospects!

He comes in at #3, just behind Ondrej Pavelec (G, Cape Breton) & Boris Valabik (D, Ktchener)

It says...

Alex Bourret - RW AGE 19, Shawinigan (QMHJL)
"Conditioning an issue, but drives through defense"
Should be in NHL - 07'-08 Season

dank 03-14-2007 08:18 PM

decided to do some research and found this good (maybe biased) thrasher thread..

some choice quotes:
Quote:

Bourret has a strong skill set but his career to this point has been characterized by a lack of motivation. What you got out of this trade is completely up to him really.
Quote:

Likes to hit, can be a real sparkplug when he shows up to play and he's healthy. Therein lies the problem. He gets hurt a lot- grion and concussions- and he doesn't always show up to play.
whole thing here:
http://forums.atlantathrashers.com/t...essageID=92143

and another blog rambling:
http://www.rangerramblings.com/?p=34

some quotes from here:
Quote:

Here is how Bourret described his situation to Jon Cooper in an interview on the Atlanta Thrashers web site.

“Last year I made a mistake coming to camp not in good shape,” said Bourret, whose lack of conditioning got him off on the wrong foot with Head Coach Bob Hartley. ‘I sure was nervous and I was not ready. I thought it would be easy to play in the NHL, but it’s not. Now I know what to do. It taught me a lot.”

The hard-hitting right wing began the process of getting back on the right track when he reported back to Shawinigan of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL).

“I know that Bob [Hartley] talked a lot with my coach at Shawinigan,” said Bourret. “He was always on me and he helped me a lot for this year.”

Edge 03-18-2007 04:50 AM

Bourret is a long term prospect in my eyes and is going to have some work to do. But it is also very important to remember his age, we talk about Korpikoski being young and needing time and we have to remember that Alex is even younger.

Right now Bourret needs someone to push him and he's the type who is going to need both kicks and pats on the ass at various times for now. In that regard I think Schoeny is the perfect coach for him.

Considering the cost, I'll take my chances.

broadwayblue 03-18-2007 11:08 AM

How was his goal last night?