HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Make a bid for Jozef Stumpel (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=35814)

Reaper45 12-13-2003 05:50 PM

Make a bid for Jozef Stumpel

As a Kings fan I'm tired of Stumpel's lackluster play. He was only brought back to appease Palffy anyways, but with the addition of Straka I think that he is expendable. Make a deal for Mr. Jozef Stumpel that would either a) bring in another top-6 forward, or b) a decent enough prospect(s) or pick(s).

My proposal-

To EDM- Jozef Stumpel, 3rd and Jared Aulin
To L.A.- Mike Comrie

Flame away.

Frolov 12-13-2003 05:55 PM

Face it, no one wants Stumpel and his $3+ million.

Randall Graves* 12-13-2003 06:10 PM

and Oiler fans thought Corey Perry and a first was bad...

I'll give you a warm jockstrap for Stumpel.

leafaholix* 12-13-2003 06:11 PM

Is he really that bad?

Frolov 12-13-2003 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
Is he really that bad?

"Joseph you're suposed to check the guys in the dark jerseys" ~Bob Miller

Team_Spirit 12-13-2003 06:35 PM

Expect a Straka return or even worse for Stumpuel .

Quote:

a) bring in another top-6 forward, or b) a decent enough prospect(s) or pick(s).
A) You want Brian Savage or Donald Audette ?
B ) You won't have as good as the guy you traded for Straka...if someone bite .

Reaper45 12-13-2003 06:47 PM

Ha, what's Audette's salary, even though weve been there and done that. Seriously I'd love to have a mid range prospect for him and just wait until Armstrong gets back to take his spot.

Reaper45 12-13-2003 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
Is he really that bad?

He's not that bad, he just doesn't throw around his big body, and he is rather soft. He can pass with the best of them and can be a great playmaker but. . . he's soft.

two out of three* 12-13-2003 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
He's not that bad, he just doesn't throw around his big body, and he is rather soft. He can pass with the best of them and can be a great playmaker but. . . he's soft.

No No No.. he is really THAT bad. Him and Modry are deadly together.

jfont 12-13-2003 06:58 PM

one bad defensive game does not make a season guys...its a long season and ppl make mistakes...lets just hope he doesn't screw the kings up much again this season.:D

oh hey, i see the flames need a center bad...hmmm...lol.

Reaper45 12-13-2003 07:21 PM

How about Modry, Stumpel, a 1st and your choice of either Kanko or Aulin for Comrie , Semenov and a pick?

Anything to get these bums, Modry and Stumpel out of L.A.

Any takers in the league for Modry or Stumpel, together if possible?

jfont 12-13-2003 07:24 PM

if i was DT, i would want a very good defenseman in return for those guys on top of the center you want back from the oilers.

BruinFan42 12-13-2003 07:25 PM

Poor Kings fans, I guess you forgot about Stumpel's famous disappearing acts and his Beantown nickname "Slumpel"....

You get what you pay for :joker:

Reaper45 12-13-2003 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
if i was DT, i would want a very good defenseman in return for those guys on top of the center you want back from the oilers.

Not like we could have Brewer. . . .Semenov and Comrie?

Mowzie 12-13-2003 11:02 PM

Frolov
Stumpel
Modry

for

Comrie
Smith
Laraque
2nd Rounder

agentfouser 12-13-2003 11:15 PM

Quote:

As a Kings fan I'm tired of Stumpel's lackluster play. He was only brought back to appease Palffy anyways, but with the addition of Straka I think that he is expendable. Make a deal for Mr. Jozef Stumpel that would either a) bring in another top-6 forward, or b) a decent enough prospect(s) or pick(s).

while you're at it, make a deal that will get you a flight to mars on pixie dust.

like the bruins fan said, you get what you pay for. stumpel cost a second round pick, and as poorly as he's looked in the last few games, he can't have the value of anything more than a throw-in at this point.

Randall Graves* 12-13-2003 11:17 PM

Quote:

How about Modry, Stumpel, a 1st and your choice of either Kanko or Aulin for Comrie , Semenov and a pick?

Anything to get these bums, Modry and Stumpel out of L.A.

Any takers in the league for Modry or Stumpel, together if possible?

so you trade your one way soft turnover machine,your soft center who lets a guy just school the goalie plus a guy on the IR for two solid young players?

And Oiler fans hated our deal :joker:

LA Kings Rule 12-14-2003 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyKiller
and Oiler fans thought Corey Perry and a first was bad...

I'll give you a warm jockstrap for Stumpel.

Even that's too much. This guys is 6-3, 225 can't hit, the slowest skater out there and just too lazy.

ulf 12-14-2003 04:59 AM

savage would be a good fit in l.a.

he's always hurt :)

Magnus Fulgur 12-14-2003 06:21 AM

Bruins

How about Glen Murray for Stumpel??? :joker:

Frolov 12-14-2003 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie
Frolov
Stumpel
Modry

for

Comrie
Smith
Laraque
2nd Rounder

Frolov Alone> Comrie, Smith, Laraque(who can't fight anymore) and a 2nd round pick in a top end draft.

There are less then 10 players I would trade Frolov for and Comrie isn't one of them. If DT was going to offer Frolov then Comrie would have been a King a long time ago.

Niedermayer21 12-14-2003 04:44 PM

For Stumpel and Modry, how about a cab ride to LAX, a hot sandwich, and the beverage of your choice?

And I'll throw in Jiri Bicek and a #2 if you pay for the plane tickets to Jersey. :D

Lambert Closse 12-15-2003 11:17 AM

Quote:

Ha, what's Audette's salary, even though weve been there and done that. Seriously I'd love to have a mid range prospect for him and just wait until Armstrong gets back to take his spot.

For Stumple I give you Donald Audette, http://nhlpa.com/Content/THE_PLAYERS...io1.asp?ID=166
Oleg Petrov rights AND Patrick Traverse, but you have to take Patrick Traverse.

If it still not enough, I will throw in a vintage André "Red Light" Racicot set of pads, as good as new, he almost never made any saves with those.

LuckyLUC20 12-15-2003 11:31 AM

Isn't Stumpel here because of Palffy?... They're like best friends... Palffy was upset after Smoke was traded at the deadline last season...unless we get a good return (a legit scorer to replace Stump) say good bye to Ziggy.. those two are attached to the hip.

andora 12-15-2003 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frolov
Frolov Alone> Comrie, Smith, Laraque(who can't fight anymore) and a 2nd round pick in a top end draft.

There are less then 10 players I would trade Frolov for and Comrie isn't one of them. If DT was going to offer Frolov then Comrie would have been a King a long time ago.

oh what trash indeed..