HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   So who sits for Shanny (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=359896)

philbo 03-19-2007 10:20 PM

So who sits for Shanny
 
my bet would have to be Orr

Levitate 03-19-2007 10:22 PM

Isbister. Just about the only thing he's good for is protecting the puck along the boards now and then.

Balej20* 03-19-2007 10:24 PM

Dubinsky will be gone again because both Straka and Shanny are coming back.

The whole "Emergency Call Up" thing. So Dubi is def. gone, and I would say Isbister SHOULD be gone, but Renney will probably sit Orr.

SML 03-19-2007 10:24 PM

My vote is Isbister. I know Orr isn't much of a player, but Shanahan will be eating up Izz's minutes on the top 2 lines, and plus, it is Philly. Orr should be there, because the last time we played them, they came out very physical and took us out of the game.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-19-2007 10:27 PM

You could make an argument that it could be Hollweg.

Janerixon 03-19-2007 10:28 PM

avery-nylander-jagr
shanahan-cullen-callahan
prucha-dubinsky-ortmeyer
hollweg-betts-orr

i doubt straka plays on wednesday, isbister sits and dubi stays as an emergency call up for straka

Thirty One 03-19-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 8570383)
You could make an argument that it could be Hollweg.

I think it should be Hollweg against Philly, but Orr for other games

Sky Valley 03-19-2007 10:29 PM

It'll be Dubinsky first, and Isbister too if Straka comes back.

TomLaidlaw 03-19-2007 10:30 PM

I doubt Renney sits Orr against Philly after what happened last time. My guess would be that Dubi and Isbister get replaced by Shanny and Straka.

nyranger61494 03-19-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon (Post 8570402)
avery-nylander-jagr
shanahan-cullen-callahan
prucha-dubinsky-ortmeyer
hollweg-betts-orr

i doubt straka plays on wednesday, isbister sits and dubi stays as an emergency call up for straka

Personally, I would not break up Avery-Cullen-Callahan right now.

Tawnos 03-19-2007 10:30 PM

My pick would be Isbister, but my guess is Dubinsky.

Balej20* 03-19-2007 10:31 PM

It will be Dubinsky, there is no doubt about that, so the argument is over.

Frankly, he serves no purpose on this team if he is gonna only be allowed to play 6 minutes a game. That'll kill our team if Renney can't trust 4 lines to be out there for most of the game.

(Of course, I disagree with the way Renney has been using Dubinsky, he deserves more time).

Thirty One 03-19-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20 (Post 8570463)
It will be Dubinsky, there is no doubt about that, so the argument is over.

ok, lock the thread.

so who's going to play center?

FLYLine24 03-19-2007 10:40 PM

Get Isbister to the press box already.

Tawnos 03-19-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 8570565)
ok, lock the thread.

so who's going to play center?

Now that's something I didn't even really think about... and a very valid point.

Balej20* 03-19-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 8570565)
ok, lock the thread.

so who's going to play center?

The point is either Dubinsky OR Callahan have to be "sent down" once Shanahan comes back. So who's it gonna be? That's why it's an open and shut case.

It's the whole emergency call up thing. Someone who was CALLED UP for an Injury, must be sent back down once an injured player comes back...or else you have to use one of your 4 call ups on that player.

I believe Liffiton was sent back down, right?

Thirty One 03-19-2007 10:46 PM

the way I see it:
Shanahan replaces Orr/Hollweg
Straka replaces Dubinsky
Hossa replaces Isbister

Balej20* 03-19-2007 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 8570699)
the way I see it:
Shanahan replaces Orr/Hollweg
Straka replaces Dubinsky
Hossa replaces Isbister

So we use one of our 4 call ups on Callahan and keep him up for the rest of the year. I would do that, but I'm not sure that's the Rangers plan here.

Thirty One 03-19-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20 (Post 8570687)
The point is either Dubinsky OR Callahan have to be "sent down" once Shanahan comes back. So who's it gonna be? That's why it's an open and shut case.

It's the whole emergency call up thing. Someone who was CALLED UP for an Injury, must be sent back down once an injured player comes back...or else you have to use one of your 4 call ups on that player.

I believe Liffiton was sent back down, right?

Shanahan was injured before the trade deadline, so I don't think that rule applies here.

Captain11 03-19-2007 10:48 PM

It boggles my mind how anyone can pick Orr over Isbister. Even when Isbister is off whatever game he possesses, he is twice the player that Colton Orr is.

Isbister-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Dubinsky-Shannahan
Avery-Cullen-Callahan
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer

that is a great lineup, imo

Balej20* 03-19-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 8570719)
Shanahan was injured before the trade deadline, so I don't think that rule applies here.

You sure? If that's the case, then I'm dead wrong, please forgive me. Isbister, sit your ass down in the pressbox.

Thirty One 03-19-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20 (Post 8570732)
You sure?

no, I find the whole thing very confusing

gaels22 03-19-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain11 (Post 8570727)
It boggles my mind how anyone can pick Orr over Isbister. Even when Isbister is off whatever game he possesses, he is twice the player that Colton Orr is.

Isbister-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Dubinsky-Shannahan
Avery-Cullen-Callahan
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer

that is a great lineup, imo



there is no way renney scratches orr for the flyers game. he does not want a repeat of last time where fedoruk was headhunting all game. with orr in the lineup, fedoruk will be controlled, as he would most likely get destroyed in a fight with orr. orr looked solid tonight also, getting in around 8 minutes

TomLaidlaw 03-19-2007 10:53 PM

Anyone notice that Renney seems to think our 4th line is worthy to play against the other teams top line? Did I miss the memo when that line became the shutdown line for our team? Did Jan erixon sneak onto that line? I love the grit and toughness that line supplies but I am very uneasy about them going against the Crosby line all game. Anyone else feel this way?

Balej20* 03-19-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 8570752)
no, I find the whole thing very confusing

I agree, haha. I guess the best thing to do is wait and see what the "Brain trust" comes up with. I just hope they don't screw with the chemistry too much.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.