HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Baby Bluenotes at the WJC (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=36063)

topshelf331 12-14-2003 09:56 PM

Baby Bluenotes at the WJC
 
The blues have prospects representing-

Russia(2-1-1-1):

Konstantin Barulin
1-1-1-1 S%-.885 GAA-3.60

G1 26 of 28
G2 23 of 26
G3 12 of 15(only 1 period)
G4 did not play
G5 32 of 36

Total 93 of 105

Alexei Shkotov
5gp 2g 2a 4pts 4PIM




Belarus(5-0-0):

Konstantin Zakharov
5 gp 4g 9a 14pts 14 PIM +3

(this is now according to the leaderboard.)
He leads the tournament in points. Beating out both Kastsitsyn's.




Slovakia(2-2-1):

Tomas Troliga
5gp 1g 1a 2pts 8PIM



Canada(5-0-0):

Shawn Belle

4gp 0g 1a 1pts 0PIM (+4)


Eventhough most of us cant watch any game i thought it would be cool to keep track of how they do in the tourneys.

A source for boxscores is www.iihf.com .

coolhandluke2410 12-15-2003 03:02 AM

[QUOTE=topshelf331]The blues have prospects representing-


Belarus(2-0):

Konstantin Zakharov
2 gp 1g 5a 6pts 0 PIM +3

QUOTE]
This kid looks to be really good :handclap:

coolhandluke2410 12-15-2003 03:03 AM

Belarus(2-0):

Konstantin Zakharov
2 gp 1g 5a 6pts 0 PIM +3


This kid looks to be really good :handclap:

c-carp 12-15-2003 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue44
Belarus(2-0):

Konstantin Zakharov
2 gp 1g 5a 6pts 0 PIM +3


This kid looks to be really good :handclap:

In a word Awesome, Way to go Yarmo. Getting him to run the drafts may turn out to be a great move for the Note.

Frenzy1 12-16-2003 04:38 AM

Belle made the final cut for the WJC. The future looks promising.

Belle looks to have turned the corner and has improved his D play - he went from a -7 to a +3 on +/- over the last couple of weeks.

topshelf331 12-16-2003 07:11 PM

1 goal and 2 assists 2 pims today for zakharov.

c-carp 12-16-2003 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf331
1 goal and 2 assists 2 pims today for zakharov.

Future sniper maybe. :yo: :yo:

Frenzy1 12-17-2003 07:14 AM

Tack on 2 goals and 1 assist against Norway. Toss in 8 PIM.

One player even got 5 for a spear, plus a 20 min bonus.

dragonwyck 12-17-2003 09:00 AM

So is that 6 pts in 2 games?

topshelf331 12-17-2003 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenzy1
Tack on 2 goals and 1 assist against Norway. Toss in 8 PIM.

One player even got 5 for a spear, plus a 20 min bonus.

I added it. But i havent seen a boxscore for that game yet. IS there one somewhere other than the iihf page?And their leaderboard is all screwed up. So who knows if he will be given credit.

topshelf331 12-19-2003 06:06 PM

1 assist and 2 pims for zakharov tonight. Belarus wins the division with a 5-0 record. And Zakharov leads the tournament and team in points.

King of Stankonia 12-20-2003 08:14 AM

The rosters are set for the Canadian team but the defensive pairings are almost anything but. It appears that the number one will be Neufy and Coburn, but anything after that is anyone's guess. I've seen media outlets that have Belle and Brent Seabrook being paired together, I've seen Belle and Klein paired together, and I've seen Belle as a spare.
I personally see Belle and Klein together as a way to even out the size (Meech, Klein and Gorges ain't exactly Zdeno Chara's) and defensive ability and Derek Meech being paired up with Seabrook.
Regardless, it will certainly be a treat to see Belle on the international ice and how his speed will help out on the offense.

dragonwyck 12-20-2003 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf331
1 assist and 2 pims for zakharov tonight. Belarus wins the division with a 5-0 record. And Zakharov leads the tournament and team in points.

14 points
5 games

dragonwyck 12-20-2003 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
The rosters are set for the Canadian team but the defensive pairings are almost anything but. It appears that the number one will be Neufy and Coburn, but anything after that is anyone's guess. I've seen media outlets that have Belle and Brent Seabrook being paired together, I've seen Belle and Klein paired together, and I've seen Belle as a spare.
I personally see Belle and Klein together as a way to even out the size (Meech, Klein and Gorges ain't exactly Zdeno Chara's) and defensive ability and Derek Meech being paired up with Seabrook.
Regardless, it will certainly be a treat to see Belle on the international ice and how his speed will help out on the offense.

I wish we got to see the games. Feel free to give us reports on Belle. :D

I'm curious to know if his defensive game is improving as much as his stats indicate.

c-carp 12-20-2003 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonwyck
I wish we got to see the games. Feel free to give us reports on Belle. :D

I'm curious to know if his defensive game is improving as much as his stats indicate.

If you have the center ice package you may see some of the games, I remember seeing a couple with the package last year. :dunno:

King of Stankonia 12-22-2003 05:14 PM

I didn't get to watch the exhibition game against Sweden, but I saw a good chunk of highlights, a couple featuring our own Shawn Belle.
Belle scored on a neat little point shot that fooled Swedish netminder Joakim Lundstrom. Unfortunately, Belle looked disinterested/confused by a couple of Swedish forwards making moves around him.
I'll give a much better report on Friday after the first game against Finland.

c-carp 12-22-2003 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
I didn't get to watch the exhibition game against Sweden, but I saw a good chunk of highlights, a couple featuring our own Shawn Belle.
Belle scored on a neat little point shot that fooled Swedish netminder Joakim Lundstrom. Unfortunately, Belle looked disinterested/confused by a couple of Swedish forwards making moves around him.
I'll give a much better report on Friday after the first game against Finland.

Looking forward to it. Thanks Bro.

topshelf331 12-25-2003 04:56 PM

According to Van on the WJC section , the iihf email'd him and said the games will be on Center ice. :yo:

First up Russia vs. Slovakia@7am cst (if my calculations are correct :dunno:)
Troliga,Shkotov, and Barulin

Canada vs. Finland@10:30am cst
Belle

And for us Patriots USA vs. Austria@10:30am also- (But the word is, the games may be tape delayed for convenient viewing here in the US, So the time may be different)

c-carp 12-25-2003 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf331
According to Van on the WJC section , the iihf email'd him and said the games will be on Center ice. :yo:

First up Russia vs. Slovakia@7am cst (if my calculations are correct :dunno:)
Troliga,Shkotov, and Barulin

Canada vs. Finland@10:30am cst
Belle

And for us Patriots USA vs. Austria@10:30am also- (But the word is, the games may be tape delayed for convenient viewing here in the US, So the time may be different)

Awesome.

execwrite 12-26-2003 04:25 AM

You can get live updates on the internet at

http://www.iihf.com/index.shtml

Russia is tied with Slovakia 1-1 after two periods. Shkotov has an assist - I think he's playing on the top Russian line. Troliga has a penalty.

dragonwyck 12-26-2003 05:31 AM

Troliga ended with 1 goal and 1 assist and exec was right, he is playing on Russia's top line with Ovechkin.

Troliga with just the penalty.

Don't know how many shots Barulin faced, but he allowed 2 goals

Final: 2-2

topshelf331 12-26-2003 07:00 AM

Ill update the goalie stats as soon as i notice they are up.

King of Stankonia 12-26-2003 07:21 AM

1st period of the Canada/Finland game is over, and it appears that Belle and Klein are the 3rd defensive pairing with Coburn-Seabrook and Phaneuf-Meech being the 1a and 1b. Belle didn't do anything spectacular but didn't do anything badly. Both of them were just kinda . . . there. 2nd period begins now.

topshelf331 12-26-2003 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
1st period of the Canada/Finland game is over, and it appears that Belle and Klein are the 3rd defensive pairing with Coburn-Seabrook and Phaneuf-Meech being the 1a and 1b. Belle didn't do anything spectacular but didn't do anything badly. Both of them were just kinda . . . there. 2nd period begins now.

From what ive noticed so far, belle has been really physical. And early in the 2nd he has had 2 good shots, an dheld the puck in good at the point.

King of Stankonia 12-26-2003 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf331
From what ive noticed so far, belle has been really physical. And early in the 2nd he has had 2 good shots, an dheld the puck in good at the point.

Definitely. Belle's size has helped him out a lot behind the Canadian net and has turned the Finn's into, quite literally, push-overs. He's been steady defensively, but hasn't really shown his skating speed all that much. Coach Durocher mixed things up as Kevin Klein took a seat on the bench for most of the second with Josh Gorges pairing up with Belle. Belle also got about 30 seconds of PK time, but I didn't see him on the PP.
The player that has most impressed me though has been Dion Phaneuf. The Flames picked a real winner when they drafted him. He hasn't given the Finns an inch in his own end, and he's been reading plays really well, especially his first period goal. I'm just waiting for him to knock someone out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.