HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Next year line-up (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=36112)

markov` 12-15-2003 06:41 AM

Next year line-up

Considering all the vets UFAs, what do you think about the 2004-2005 line-up? It will sure be an young one...I dream about having Higgins, Kasistsyn, Hossa, Plekanec, Balej, Perezhogin, Hainsey and Komisarek in our team.

12 forwards: Koivu, Bulis, Zednik, Perreault, Ryder, Ribeiro, Higgins, Kasistsyn, Hossa, Plekanec, Balej, Perezhogin

6 defensemen: Markov, Souray, Brisebois, Komisarek, Hainsey, Rivet

:handclap:

Habber 12-15-2003 07:17 AM

I can't see all those guys making the team next year and I actually hope they all don't.

There's no way we'll even have a fighting chance for the playoffs with 7 rookies and 3 second year players in our lineup. As much as we like our prospects and think they're good, they won't help us win games next year and BG can't afford to have a cellar dweller team. You need to realize that these guys are going to be phased in over the next few years, not brought in all at once. And out of all those guys you can gaurantee that at least a couple of them will be busts.

gohabsgo2010 12-15-2003 07:21 AM

Perreault's a UFA, don't think he'll be back. I don't think the team will qualify Sundstrom at his 1.9 M, but instead I think he will be let go, and then resigned cheaper a la. Kilger this year. Dackell is playing very well, if not great, but he is unrestricted at season's end. If he goes, than it opens up an intriguing spot for a youngster on the third line. I don't think he will be resigned, no matter how well he plays. In fact, if he keeps up the good work he may find another team by March 9th.

With Juneau, Perreault, Quintal all for sure to be leaving, that opens three spots on the roster; but not neccesarily in the lineup. It's almost impossible to predict, because we all know Gainey will make a move or three, but I would say that Higgins, Plekanec, and Hainsey are the most likely repacements of those three. Should Langdon and Dackell go, too, than I'm not sure what will happen. Langdon is a quality enforcer, and a quality team guy, though he'd probably be happy to return to Vancouver. If Dackell goes, than Ward probably takes his spot on the third line, with Hossa moving into the lineup in place of Langdon. At some point, Dagenais will probably have to clear waivers to return to Hamilton. I don't think that will happen (him clearing). Audette has no future with the team, but no one knows just how he will leave, even though it's inevitable.

I don't think Ribeiro will be our second line centre next season.

At this time next year, with no trading, here would be my lines. Kastitstyn is a wild card. Timmins has already said he is ready for the bigs, but can we get him here? We do not know if BG will dip into the FA pool, and we of course have no clue which prospects will develop in what ways. Just look at Ward and Ryder.

-------------------
Richard Zednik - Saku Koivu - Michael Ryder
Jan Bulis - To be Determined - Andrei Kastitstyn
Jason Ward - Chris Higgins - Niklas Sundstrom
Marcel Hossa - Steve Begin - Chad Kilger
13th : Tomas Plekanec
-------------------

With Quintal gone, he needs a replacement on the right side. Komisarek should be that man. If Ron Hainsey is held out of next year's lineup (assuming there is one) in favour of little Frank, than we may be in big trouble. I'm sure Bob would be happy to move Rivet, but that's hard to imagine. If Beauchemin can show some good stuff, than Bouillon is probably long gone.

-------------------
Andrei Markov - Patrice Brisebois
Sheldon Souray - Mike Komisarek
Ron Hainsey - Craig Rivet
7th : B or B
-------------------

We all know who the goalies are.

Maithz 12-15-2003 07:43 AM

Plekanec will replace Perreault

Higgins will replace Juneau

Balej will replace Audette

Perezhogin will replace Dackell

Kastsitsyn if he can play will replace Sundstrom

Hossa will replace Langdon or Kilger

-----------------------------

Hainsey will replace Bouillon

Komisarek will replace Quintal

417 12-15-2003 08:09 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the habs start the year next year with a very young team, they might stink it up next year, but the effort will be there and who knows let's say they don't play well, it gives us a chance at Sydney Crosby in 05'! I know it's wishful thinking but there's a strong possibilty this can happen, I doubt BG is going after any big name FA's

Line up next year:

Bulis-Koivu-Perezhogin
Zednik-Ribeiro/Plekanec-Balej
Hossa-Higgins-Ryder
Dagenais-Kilger-Ward

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Brisebois
Hainsey-Rivet
beachemin

Habsolution 12-15-2003 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Perreault's a UFA, don't think he'll be back. I don't think the team will qualify Sundstrom at his 1.9 M, but instead I think he will be let go, and then resigned cheaper a la. Kilger this year. Dackell is playing very well, if not great, but he is unrestricted at season's end. If he goes, than it opens up an intriguing spot for a youngster on the third line. I don't think he will be resigned, no matter how well he plays. In fact, if he keeps up the good work he may find another team by March 9th..

Agreed

Quote:

With Juneau, Perreault, Quintal all for sure to be leaving, that opens three spots on the roster; but not neccesarily in the lineup. It's almost impossible to predict, because we all know Gainey will make a move or three, but I would say that Higgins, Plekanec, and Hainsey are the most likely repacements of those three. Should Langdon and Dackell go, too, than I'm not sure what will happen. Langdon is a quality enforcer, and a quality team guy, though he'd probably be happy to return to Vancouver. If Dackell goes, than Ward probably takes his spot on the third line, with Hossa moving into the lineup in place of Langdon. At some point, Dagenais will probably have to clear waivers to return to Hamilton. I don't think that will happen (him clearing). Audette has no future with the team, but no one knows just how he will leave, even though it's inevitable..

Agreed again. Juneau, Perreault and Q-ball should all either retire or leave via UFAgency or trades at the deadline. As for Audette I'd bet he'll be bought out. There's no way both Gainey and Julien suffers his presence for another year after this one. It's even doubtful he'll get to finish the year on the line up.

Quote:

I don't think Ribeiro will be our second line centre next season.

That is possible. I like little Mikey. I wanted the habs to give him a chance at the beginning of the year and they did. He did everything and then more than I expected out of him but he is not my idea of a 2nd line center behind Koivu.

Quote:

At this time next year, with no trading, here would be my lines. Kastitstyn is a wild card. Timmins has already said he is ready for the bigs, but can we get him here? We do not know if BG will dip into the FA pool, and we of course have no clue which prospects will develop in what ways. Just look at Ward and Ryder.

-------------------
Richard Zednik - Saku Koivu - Michael Ryder
Jan Bulis - To be Determined - Andrei Kastitstyn
Jason Ward - Chris Higgins - Niklas Sundstrom
Marcel Hossa - Steve Begin - Chad Kilger
13th : Tomas Plekanec
-------------------

Considering the past history of the habs with their prospect I have huge doubts about AK starting the year in Mtl. He would have to impress big time in the rookie and training camp.

Also I doubt they hand the shutdown center job to Higgins right away. I don't remember a precedent about the habs or another team looking to make the playoffs giving a shutdown center job to a rookie.

Quote:

With Quintal gone, he needs a replacement on the right side. Komisarek should be that man. If Ron Hainsey is held out of next year's lineup (assuming there is one) in favour of little Frank, than we may be in big trouble. I'm sure Bob would be happy to move Rivet, but that's hard to imagine. If Beauchemin can show some good stuff, than Bouillon is probably long gone.

-------------------
Andrei Markov - Patrice Brisebois
Sheldon Souray - Mike Komisarek
7th : B or B
-------------------

We all know who the goalies are.

I wish you were right. But I doubt it. Bouillon will up here in the line up next season. It's up to Hainsey to steal his spot away. Bouillon has a 2-way contract this season and 1-way contract next season so this year would be the time to send him down but he's up here playing with the big team. I have doubts about Beauchemin being able to crack our line up.

HABitude 12-15-2003 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolution
I wish you were right. But I doubt it. Bouillon will up here in the line up next season. It's up to Hainsey to steal his spot away. Bouillon has a 2-way contract this season and 1-way contract next season so this year would be the time to send him down but he's up here playing with the big team. I have doubts about Beauchemin being able to crack our line up.

The way Bouillon is playing, Hainsey will have a tough job stealing Bouillon's spot. I know hainsey have a bigger potential but he seems to take more time than expected to fully developp. In a matter of fact, he makes too many mistakes for the likes of any NHL coach.
And Bouillon is a fantastic skater, solid on his skates, hits like truck, we forget his size, ...really. :bow:

Munchausen 12-15-2003 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markov`
Considering all the vets UFAs, what do you think about the 2004-2005 line-up? It will sure be an young one...I dream about having Higgins, Kasistsyn, Hossa, Plekanec, Balej, Perezhogin, Hainsey and Komisarek in our team.

12 forwards: Koivu, Bulis, Zednik, Perreault, Ryder, Ribeiro, Higgins, Kasistsyn, Hossa, Plekanec, Balej, Perezhogin

Not to burst your bubble, but I don't see Kastsitsyn nor Perezhogin making the team. Both have been compared in their style of play (and size) and look how Perezhogin is struggling to adapt his game to NA.

Moreover, I think Higgins will surely be there, and there will probably be 1 or 2 out of Hossa, Balej and Plekanec making the team, even if it's in rotation. I wouldn't expect anything more than that.

On defense, Komisarek should be there, and Hainsey will have to fight with the cube for his spot again.

gohabsgo2010 12-15-2003 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABitude
The way Bouillon is playing, Hainsey will have a tough job stealing Bouillon's spot. I know hainsey have a bigger potential but he seems to take more time than expected to fully developp. In a matter of fact, he makes too many mistakes for the likes of any NHL coach.
And Bouillon is a fantastic skater, solid on his skates, hits like truck, we forget his size, ...really. :bow:

It's amazing how someone with a Guy Lafleur avatar can praise Francis Bouillon. You are a fan of someone so great, and yet you would rather see a man who was cut by the Nashville Predators play for the Habs.

Hainsey made mistakes. Okay, but no more than Komisarek. In fact, and I love Komi as much as the next guy around here, and I much rather have him over 52, 51, or 5, but to say Hainsey has made many mistakes while not mentioning that Komisarek gets beat almost as much as Bouillon game in, game out, is a little bit wrong.

habsfan11 12-15-2003 10:09 AM

all you guys are so quick to say that ribs wont have his spot next.... lets keep in mind, a lot of you said he wasnt going to get the second line spot at this time last year... he keeps surpirising us, and hes a fan favourite, i doubt gainey is just going to get rid of him, hes only 23 years old.... i think hell be here next year in the second line centerman role...

fredez 12-15-2003 10:22 AM

Jan Bulis - Saku Koivu - Michael Ryder
Richard Zednik - Mike Ribeiro - Andrei Kastitstyn
Marcel Hossa - Steve Begin - Niklas Sundstrom
Jason Ward - Chris Higgins - Chad Kilger*

Ribeiro is developping a good chemistry with Zednik so I would keep them teamed up

Begin as lighten up Sundstrom out of is slump so he could do the same with Hossa

*Easily replacable with Dagenais/Plekanec/Balej

Andrei Markov - Patrice Brisebois (provides offense)
Sheldon Souray - Mike Komisarek (brutal)
Ron Hainsey - Craig Rivet (mix offense/defense)

Theodore-Garon

EquabaleAce 12-15-2003 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Not to burst your bubble, but I don't see Kastsitsyn nor Perezhogin making the team. Both have been compared in their style of play (and size) and look how Perezhogin is struggling to adapt his game to NA.

Moreover, I think Higgins will surely be there, and there will probably be 1 or 2 out of Hossa, Balej and Plekanec making the team, even if it's in rotation. I wouldn't expect anything more than that.

On defense, Komisarek should be there, and Hainsey will have to fight with the cube for his spot again.

that's the way i see next year because the montreal faithful will not accept a step back in the quest for the cup by missing the playoffs again
it could really hurt the rookies by throwing them to the lions all at once

so look for higgins as a lock on the 4th line and eventually moving up to the 3rd by seasons end.

either balej plekanec will be roataed in and out of the lineup, and i expect hossa to be packeged at the deadline this year with a vet for some size or moving up in the draft.

on d i would expect the same as you posted munchausen

Maxpac 12-15-2003 12:42 PM

how about this, 2 off. line, 1 Def. line and one checking line

Ryder-koivu-Bulis
Perez/Kastytin-Ribs-Zednick
Sundstrom-Higgins-Ward
Kilger -Béjin-Langdon

Souray-Markov
Komi-Hainsey
Rivet-Brisebois*

*= if resigned.

habitants9_4 12-15-2003 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markov`

Of all these Hainsey, Perreault, Higgins, Kastsitsyn, Hossa, Plekanec and Perezhogin won't be on the team, because of trades or other.

MrPicard 12-15-2003 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredez

Ribeiro is developping a good chemistry with Zednik so I would keep them teamed up

Begin as lighten up Sundstrom out of is slump so he could do the same with Hossa

Theodore-Garon

why everobody thinks Hossa is a winger and a shooter, when he is a center and a playmaker???? :dunno:

Patty Roy 12-15-2003 03:36 PM

Baring any trades or UFA signings (which is highly unlikely), this is my guess:

Jan Bulis-Saku Koivu-Michael Ryder
Richard Zednik-Mike Ribeiro-Andrei Kastsitsyn
Marcel Hossa-Chris Higgins-Niklas Sundstrom
Darren Langdon-Steve Begin-Jason Ward

Andrei Markov-Patrice Brisebois
Sheldon Souray-Mike Komisarek
Ron Hainsey-Craig Rivet

Jose Theodore
Mathieu Garon

Agalloch 12-15-2003 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
I could see this line up...

Higgins Koivu Ward

Hossa Ribeiro Zednik

Bulis Plekanec Ryder

Kilger Begin Dwyer

Markov Komisarek

Souray Briseboi

Hainsey Bouillon
(bye bye Rivette)

Théo
Garon

Wow, with that line up...bye bye playoffs too, we can't play all those youngters in the same year... I think one or two of Sundstrom/Dackell/Langdon will stay..

Zednik-Koivu-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Dagenais/Balej
Bulis-Begin/Higgins-Sundstrom
Langdon-Kilger-Ward

Extras: Balej, Higgins

H3ro 12-15-2003 03:49 PM

My Lineup, hope this can happen...

Michael Ryder - Saku Koivu - Jan Bulis
Richard Zednik - Mike Ribeiro - Jozef Balej
Jason Ward - Steve Begin - Chris Higgins
Darren Langdon - Chad Kilger - Niklas Sundstrom
13th forward: Pierre Dagenais

Andrei Markov - Mike Komisarek
Sheldon Souray - Patrice Brisebois
7th Defenseman: Francis Bouillon

Jose Theodore
Mathieu Garon

Medicine Twin 12-15-2003 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredez

Theodore-Garon

I think you pretty much got it fredez...

This should be the line-up if no trades or signings occur. The only questions are Kastsitsyn and Hainsey. Hainsey still has to come up here and outplay Bouillon for the job. And is Kastsitsyn ready to come straight into the NHL?

Some odd comments... Based on how he's performed in Hamilton so far this season, Perezhogin will likely not be ready to start with the Habs next season. Higgins, being a rookie, will NOT be depended upon to shut down oppositions top lines... this is Begin's spot to lose from here on in. As much as I don't feel Ribeiro's part of the Habs' future, he'll still be our #2 center to start next season.

Bulis - Koivu - Ryder
Zednik - Ribeiro - Kastsitsyn/Dagenais
Hossa/Higgins - Begin - Sundstrom
Langdon - Hossa/Higgins - Ward

Kilger, ??????

Souray - Brisebois
Markov - Komisarek
Hainsey/Bouillon - Rivet

If Kastsitsyn isn't signed/ready, I can definately see Montreal going back with Dagenais in that 2nd line RW spot for one more year. And Higgins' or Hossa's spot in my line-up could easily be Plekanec's... we'll see. One of them will start the year in Hamilton though.

Habsolument 12-15-2003 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3ro
Michael Ryder - Saku Koivu - Jan Bulis
Richard Zednik - Mike Ribeiro - Jozef Balej
Jason Ward - Steve Begin - Chris Higgins
Darren Langdon - Chad Kilger - Niklas Sundstrom
13th forward: Pierre Dagenais

Andrei Markov - Mike Komisarek
Sheldon Souray - Patrice Brisebois
7th Defenseman: Francis Bouillon

Jose Theodore
Mathieu Garon

This is pretty much what my line-up would look like. The 2 top lines are EXACTLY it. I would put Hossa at Ward's place and Ward on the 4th. I would switch Higgins and Sundstrom too. Plekanek would be my 13th forward.

Corey 12-15-2003 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL

Bulis-Koivu-Perezhogin
Zednik-Ribeiro/Plekanec-Balej
Hossa-Higgins-Ryder
Dagenais-Kilger-Ward

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Brisebois
Hainsey-Rivet
beachemin

I have read the entire thread. There are some good thoughts, but this particular post bothers me because of the suggested line combinations.

Bulis-Koivu-Perezhogin. Who would be the sniper? Perezhogin seems reluctant to shoot at this point.

Zednik-Ribeiro-Balej. Who would fight for the puck. Who would backcheck?

Hossa-Higgins-Ryder. I could imagine several better checking lines, including one with Sundstrom, who could do a much better job in that capacity than either Hossa or Ryder.

Dagenais-Kilger-Ward. I'd rather see Bégin on the 4th line than either Dagenais or Kilger.

One problem with the defense as well: I'd imagine there will be free agents out there who are better than Beauchemin. And is Beauchemin really better than Bouillon as the 7th D?