HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Patrick Sharp recalled from Phantoms (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=36191)

swflyers8* 12-15-2003 10:48 AM

Patrick Sharp recalled from Phantoms

Sharp Recalled From Phantoms

The Philadelphia Flyers recalled center Patrick Sharp from the Phantoms on Monday. In 29 games for the Phantoms this season, Sharp has 10 goals and 14 assists for 24 points and 45 penalty minutes. Sharp began the 2002-03 season with the Flyers, and was scoreless in three games before being reassigned to the Phantoms for the remainder of the season.

I would imagine that Chouinard is the one being sent down to the Phantoms. I liked Sharp in the preseason. I think putting him on the line with Zeus and Somik might be a good line. However, I am not too happy with Zeus's play as of late. I read in some article in today's paper or yesterday that he didn't seem too happy when talking to Ed Snider. It's like he has disappeared out on the ice. I wonder what the deal is? :dunno:

Brad* 12-15-2003 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swflyers8
Sharp Recalled From Phantoms

The Philadelphia Flyers recalled center Patrick Sharp from the Phantoms on Monday. In 29 games for the Phantoms this season, Sharp has 10 goals and 14 assists for 24 points and 45 penalty minutes. Sharp began the 2002-03 season with the Flyers, and was scoreless in three games before being reassigned to the Phantoms for the remainder of the season.

I would imagine that Chouinard is the one being sent down to the Phantoms. I liked Sharp in the preseason. I think putting him on the line with Zeus and Somik might be a good line. However, I am not too happy with Zeus's play as of late. I read in some article in today's paper or yesterday that he didn't seem too happy when talking to Ed Snider. It's like he has disappeared out on the ice. I wonder what the deal is? :dunno:

Itís good to see him getting a shot. I think he will do well as heís been doing good for the Phantoms.

Teezax 12-15-2003 11:37 AM

Good move, let's see if Sharp can help out the 4th line. Zeus has been playing pretty crappy, he sucks on the draw this year, and he is not the player we had last year with all the GWG's. Something's up.

John Flyers Fan 12-15-2003 03:55 PM

Handzus has been playing with very sore ribs. It gives him problems taking face-offs and also shooting the puck. He probably should have taken a week off or so to let them heal up.

My guess is that Sharp is called up to fill in the 4th line center role. This will allow Gagne & Recchi to play on the wing.

Recchi - Roenick - Amonte
Gagne - Hanzdus - Williams
Brashear - Primeau - Kapanen
LeClair - Sharp - Somik

stanley 12-15-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swflyers8
I read in some article in today's paper or yesterday that he didn't seem too happy when talking to Ed Snider.

Not true. Moran reported that Snider was "consoling" Handzus as he rode a stationary bike after Saturday's loss. He gave no indication or inference whatsoever that the conversation was an inquisition.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/spo...ey/7494418.htm

swflyers8* 12-16-2003 02:57 AM

On the Flyers website, it lists that Sharp will be playing one of the pints on the powerplay because he has a righthand shot. We seem to be lacking one of those. Also goes on to say that Sharp is playing more physical and with a chip on his shoulder. This all bodes well for the Flyers tonight.

Flyers26 12-16-2003 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Handzus has been playing with very sore ribs. It gives him problems taking face-offs and also shooting the puck. He probably should have taken a week off or so to let them heal up.

My guess is that Sharp is called up to fill in the 4th line center role. This will allow Gagne & Recchi to play on the wing.

Recchi - Roenick - Amonte
Gagne - Hanzdus - Williams
Brashear - Primeau - Kapanen
LeClair - Sharp - Somik

From the Daily News:
Center Patrick Sharp was called up from the Phantoms and will play tonight as the team's fourth-line center. He practiced on a line with Donald Brashear and Radovan Somik.

Banger 12-16-2003 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
From the Daily News:
Center Patrick Sharp was called up from the Phantoms and will play tonight as the team's fourth-line center. He practiced on a line with Donald Brashear and Radovan Somik.

So maybe the lines will be....

Amonte-JR-Rex
Gagne-Prim-Kap
Leclair-Zues-Willy
Somik-Sharpe-Brash

Sounds good to me....

Teezax 12-16-2003 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banger
So maybe the lines will be....

Amonte-JR-Rex
Gagne-Prim-Kap
Leclair-Zues-Willy
Somik-Sharpe-Brash

Sounds good to me....

i think Prims and Kaps are staying on the checking line, who will be their left winger remains to be seen, should be Gags, they were going well together.