HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Montreal officially controls their own destiny, see why... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=361960)

canada_habs2006 03-25-2007 02:36 PM

Montreal officially controls their own destiny, see why...
 
habs can make playoffs by themselves if one of the following occurs:

Carolina registers one regulation loss,

or

Islanderes register one regulation loss,

or

Tampa Bay fails to get two points in any of their remaining games
_____


TAMPA BAY PLAYS CAROLINA TWO MORE TIMES, therefore its impossible for neither of the above to happen

Basically, Montreal can now take out rangers, and leafs, but the final three spots could still be taken by Tampa, Carolina and Islanders. Since Tampa plays carolina twice, Montreal can easily take out Carolina or Tampa, perhaps even after losing one game. If we can win both Ranger games, I say were in.

tiz 03-25-2007 02:37 PM

I'm pretty sure that's some fuzzy logic there...

Raider917 03-25-2007 02:41 PM

isnt this only if Montreal win out?

Kue 03-25-2007 02:44 PM

No....

It is not a guarantee we will win out.

Really the only team that controls their destiny is Tampa. So long as they win no one can catch them.

Assume we have a 50/50 shot every game. The probability of winning 6 in a row is 1.5%. 1.5% is not a guarantee :teach:.

To make it now, likely it will take 4 or 5 wins out of 6. We maybe could squeak by if we only won 3 but beat NYR both times.

WeThreeKings 03-25-2007 02:52 PM

The sad reality is on tuesday.. Tampa will beat Florida..
Carolina and Toronto will go into OT
Montreal will either lose or go into OT
New Jersey will lose or win in OT

Just because that's how pathetically dumb the scoreboard watching has been going for us. Things are happening that shouldn't.

Nobak 03-25-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada_habs2006 (Post 8642982)
habs can make playoffs by themselves if one of the following occurs:

Carolina registers one regulation loss,

or

Islanderes register one regulation loss,

or

Tampa Bay fails to get two points in any of their remaining games
_____


TAMPA BAY PLAYS CAROLINA TWO MORE TIMES, therefore its impossible for neither of the above to happen

Basically, Montreal can now take out rangers, and leafs, but the final three spots could still be taken by Tampa, Carolina and Islanders. Since Tampa plays carolina twice, Montreal can easily take out Carolina or Tampa, perhaps even after losing one game. If we can win both Ranger games, I say were in.

TB is 2 points ahead of us, with 2 more wins. Even with one regulation loss they would win the tie breaker.

22SteveBegin22 03-25-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 8643228)
The sad reality is on tuesday.. Tampa will beat Florida..
Carolina and Toronto will go into OT
Montreal will either lose or go into OT
New Jersey will lose or win in OT

Just because that's how pathetically dumb the scoreboard watching has been going for us. Things are happening that shouldn't.

I agree... Zdeno Charro (keechee keechee!) should have an arm removed for that terrible giveaway that let the Rangers tie it up against the Bruins yesterday and ultimately win in a shootout. I was all ready to actually be happy about the Bruins winning for once.

mitchmagic 03-25-2007 03:07 PM

One word, Mitchell.

Mitchell

canada_habs2006 03-25-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobak (Post 8643341)
TB is 2 points ahead of us, with 2 more wins. Even with one regulation loss they would win the tie breaker.


my mistake, therefore the only way the habs can miss the playoffs if they win out, is if both tampa-carolina games go to OT, and neither team gets the two points each time

David_99 03-25-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchmagic (Post 8643418)
One word, Mitchell.

Mitchell

I fully endorce this product and/or statement.

David


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.