HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Weekes: More Masks than Wins!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=362240)

Osminator 03-26-2007 02:27 PM

Weekes: More Masks than Wins!!!

surfing on the web, bored, i go to daveart.com, the swedisch guy who does the mask painting for many nhl goalies including king henrik. BLAM! front page opens... kevin weekes gets ANOTHER mask!

for a guy who has FOUR wins this seasons, he sure loves his masks, getting his FIFTH since joining the rangers.

i challenge ANYONE to find a goalie with more masks of one team than games won in one season!!!

check his newest mask: http://daveart.com/v2/index.php?page_id=84
_________

the way i see next season, either montoya will have his last and most dominating season in the AHL for some final fine-tuning... or he backs-up The King.

personally, i'd love to see someone like scott clemensen or valiquette, who accept their role, are serviceable and eat minimun cap space, backing The King while letting Montoya do the final fine-tuning...

Dagoon44 03-26-2007 02:37 PM

Guy has great taste that mask is awesome looking. Better go to the bluejackts or Canadians so he can use it next year lol

Osminator 03-26-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoon44 (Post 8652723)
Guy has great taste that mask is awesome looking. Better go to the bluejackts or Canadians so he can use it next year lol

touche!....... hahahahahahaha... :biglaugh: i think it looks hideous! :thumbd: :eviltongu

bogans 03-26-2007 02:42 PM

Guy definitely has some cool masks, but what is with all the panthers on his masks considering he plays for the NY Rangers?? weird.

Nich 03-26-2007 02:44 PM

a lot better than his other ones

Osminator 03-26-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 8652785)
a lot better than his other ones

too bad we will never see him wearing it... maybe when he comes into town next season with the blue jackets or toronto :D

Inferno 03-26-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osminator (Post 8652743)
touche!....... hahahahahahaha... :biglaugh: i think it looks hideous! :thumbd: :eviltongu

i agree, i think its FUGLY

hlundqvist30* 03-26-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osminator (Post 8652628)

i challenge ANYONE to find a goalie with more masks of one team than games won in one season!!!

Vitali Yeremeyev

johnny_rudeboy 03-26-2007 03:23 PM

What´s up with all the panthers?

Is he a black panther?

RangerBoy 03-26-2007 03:23 PM

I could care less about how many masks Weekes has.For 2 years/$3.9 million,Weekes has been stealing money:rant:

johnny_rudeboy 03-26-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 8653211)
I could care less about how many masks Weekes has.For 2 years/$3.9 million,Weekes has been stealing money:rant:

We offerd he signed. That Lundy become so good is not his "fault".

RangerBoy 03-26-2007 03:28 PM

Free agent goalie class

Quote:

GIGUERE, JEAN-SEBASTIEN
ANA
G

BIRON, MARTIN
PHI
G

JOSEPH, CURTIS
PHX
G

WEEKES, KEVIN
NYR
G

AEBISCHER, DAVID
MTL
G

BURKE, SEAN
LA
G

THIBAULT, JOCELYN
PIT
G

GARON, MATHIEU
L.A
G

ESCHE, ROBERT
PHI
G

MARKKANEN, JUSSI
EDM
G

BELFOUR, ED
FLA
G

HASEK, DOMINIK
DET
G

BACKSTROM, NIKLAS
MIN
G

LALIME, PATRICK
CHI
G

HOLMQVIST, JOHAN
T.B
G

MCLENNAN, JAMIE
CGY
G

AUBIN, J-SEBASTIEN
TOR
G

CONKLIN, TY
BUF
G

DUNHAM, MICHAEL
NYI
G

DUBIELEWICZ, WADE
NYI
G

BOUCHER, BRIAN
CHI
G

FLAHERTY, WADE
VAN
G

CLEMMENSEN, SCOTT
N.J
G

PELLETIER, JEAN-MARC
FLA
G

GOEHRING, KARL
NSH
G

NORONEN, MIKA
VAN
G

RangerBoy 03-26-2007 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy (Post 8653257)
We offerd he signed. That Lundy become so good is not his "fault".

You don't get it:help:

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-26-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 8653297)
You don't get it:help:

Not sure what he doesn't "get". Weekes was signed to be a starter. Is he overpaid? Yes. But you can't look at the contract in a vacuum. I'll also stomach his contract as by all accounts he's good in the lockerroom, good in practice and he's got a good relationship with Lundqvist.

RangerBoy 03-26-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 8653329)
Not sure what he doesn't "get". Weekes was signed to be a starter. Is he overpaid? Yes. But you can't look at the contract in a vacuum. I'll also stomach his contract as by all accounts he's good in the lockerroom, good in practice and he's got a good relationship with Lundqvist.

When Weekes had a chance to play,Weekes wet the bed.When Lundqvist had the flu in December,Weekes was brutal.He bears as much responsibilty for the seven game losing streak in December which nearly ended the Rangers season as any other player on the team before they started playing out of the minds the last month.During that losing streak,Weekes was brutal against the Devils and terrible against the Islanders.Weekes gave up a softy to Jason Blake less than one minute after Brendan Shanahan had given the Rangers a 1-0 lead.Game over.Have you forgotten the Florida game when the Rangers blew a 2-0 lead in the third period?Weekes looked like he didn't wanted to compete in the third period.Looks like Tom Renney agreed because that Florida game in December was the last start Weekes received.Weekes had two good games this season-Anaheim and SJ

Is it too much to expect Weekes to pick up some of the slack?I don't think so

The Thomas J.* 03-26-2007 04:03 PM

Whats with the Panthers?
Does he have stock in Panther 2, A freight Forwarding Expedite company that is 100% owner operator with there head quarters located in Ohio, They use a Black panther as there logo.
very odd.

:panthers
Thats for you Kev!

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-26-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 8653617)
When Weekes had a chance to play,Weekes wet the bed.When Lundqvist had the flu in December,Weekes was brutal.He bears as much responsibilty for the seven game losing streak in December which nearly ended the Rangers season as any other player on the team before they started playing out of the minds the last month.During that losing streak,Weekes was brutal against the Devils and terrible against the Islanders.Weekes gave up a softy to Jason Blake less than one minute after Brendan Shanahan had given the Rangers a 1-0 lead.Game over.Have you forgotten the Florida game when the Rangers blew a 2-0 lead in the third period?Weekes looked like he didn't wanted to compete in the third period.Looks like Tom Renney agreed because that Florida game in December was the last start Weekes received.Weekes had two good games this season-Anaheim and SJ

Is it too much to expect Weekes to pick up some of the slack?I don't think so

Not sure what that has to do with his contract.

NYR94 03-26-2007 04:14 PM

Ha ha, it says "SHADYEIGHTY" on the back. That's how I always refer to him. At least he didn't have the cage painted red again.

MrAlfie 03-26-2007 04:18 PM

i dont get the hate for this guy.
get over it, hes gone next season. he´ll free up capspace.
Kevin has a great personality and could EASILY be a lockerroom cancer.
he has been signed as a starter and a rookie outplayed him. Now hes a backup (rightfully so) and is overpaid. big ****ing deal, its not like we signed him for 15 years, get over it.
the *****ing and complaining about Weekes is far beyond moronic, im starting to believe those guys that yap the loudest about him are just jealous hes getting sort of easy money while you guys sit at home at your computer dreaming about even sitting on the bench in the AHL.

hate all you want i wish him farewell.

Davisian 03-26-2007 04:46 PM

When a backup goalie, who lost his job to an upstart youngsters, ends the season as a (Co) winner of the PLAYERS Player Award, then fans should take notice.

And Lundqvist earlier this year wasn't much better than Weekes' rough patch in December.

Brooklyn Ranger 03-26-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAlfie (Post 8653820)
i dont get the hate for this guy.
get over it, hes gone next season. he´ll free up capspace.
Kevin has a great personality and could EASILY be a lockerroom cancer.
he has been signed as a starter and a rookie outplayed him. Now hes a backup (rightfully so) and is overpaid. big ****ing deal, its not like we signed him for 15 years, get over it.
the *****ing and complaining about Weekes is far beyond moronic, im starting to believe those guys that yap the loudest about him are just jealous hes getting sort of easy money while you guys sit at home at your computer dreaming about even sitting on the bench in the AHL.

hate all you want i wish him farewell.

Well said. Weekes could have created a huge problem within the organization when he lost his job to Lundqvist. The way things played out is not his fault. I wish him well.

BigE 03-26-2007 06:05 PM

I'm not sure what the big deal is, or why there's so much contempt for the guy. Hank is on pace for 70+ games this year, which is far too much and Weekes might just prove to be a valuable asset to this team should Hank break down.

EvilCorporateLawyer 03-26-2007 06:10 PM

I'd love Weekes back next year if he'd take a serious discount (around 700K or so).

Brooklyn Ranger 03-26-2007 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Rx (Post 8655013)
I'd love Weekes back next year if he'd take a serious discount (around 700K or so).

Why would he do that?

McRanger 03-26-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Rx (Post 8655013)

You dont think Monty might be ready for a look?