HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: Vacouver @ Nashville 12/16/03 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=36341)

Basher 12-15-2003 11:53 PM

GDT: Vacouver @ Nashville 12/16/03

Vancouver (16-7-5-2)(39)
7:00 pm CST Tue Dec 16, 2003
Nashville (14-12-2-0)(30)

Team Leaders
Goals
M. Naslund VAN 16
S. Hartnell NAS 9

Assists
T. Bertuzzi VAN 23
D. Legwand NAS 12

D. Legwand NAS 18

Plus/Minus
M. Naslund VAN 21
M. Eaton NAS 8

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Canucks - 5-5-2-2 on the road; Predators - 8-5-2-0 at home.

Cloutier is supposed to be ready for this game, lets hope we can put a lot of shots on him early, and make him earn anything he gets. We also have to play tight, physical defense and not allow anyone to sit in the crease. It sure would be nice to have Schnabel back for that purpose. Here's to a good game!!!

sparkle twin 12-16-2003 12:35 AM

ďLetís really try to win this one tonight.Ē

We need tight defense all over the ice and lots of shots tonight. No need to be letting Naslund, Bertuzzi, or Morrison have a lot of time to make any plays. If we play our game and score first, and not take a bunch of 5on3ís like last game, we can win.

Brookbank and Hutchinson recalled....donít know if either will play, but they have been recalled from Milwaukee.

Hereís to a good game! Go Predators!

golfmade 12-16-2003 01:07 AM

I hate the 'nucks.

Go Preds go! Throw lots of shots at Cloutier and play tight defense. Should be a good game.

biscuithead 12-16-2003 03:55 AM

We're due, especially against these guys!

SmokeyClause 12-16-2003 06:54 AM

Here's hoping the refs got that whole 'star treatment' memo from Trotz. We just can't compete if they are going to hand this team PP's and 5 on 3's. Last game against them, we played well enough to win, and I hope we duplicate the effort.

Enoch 12-16-2003 09:15 AM

We are not going to win if we can't use a modicum of physical play. The referrees completely took us out of the game last time, and called countless dives as penalties against us in favor of the Nucks. I'm still bitter about that game. Two 5 on 3 goals, both of which had 4 questionable penalties to begin with :madfire:. Oh well, here is to consistency. I'm sick of losing to the Nucks :D

Biggun35 12-16-2003 10:04 AM

Suzzie Bertuzzie's been pretty quiet lately, no goals in last 7 games, let's hope is stays that way.

PredsFan77* 12-16-2003 04:07 PM

1-0 Nucks, looks like Hartnell just either a) broke his ankle b) broke his leg or c) tore some ligaments in his leg. Really nasty fall where his right leg got twisted around in some awkward position...

WuRtZLeSs 12-16-2003 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsFan77
1-0 Nucks, looks like Hartnell just either a) broke his ankle b) broke his leg or c) tore some ligaments in his leg. Really nasty fall where his right leg got twisted around in some awkward position...

That's really bad to hear.

This was going to be a test regardless - if Hartnell really is out for any prolonged time thatís a big hit on the organization.

Hereís hoping it looked more serious then it really was.

PredsFan77* 12-16-2003 04:35 PM

Well apparently he came back on the bench with around 5 minutes left in the 2nd, but he never got on the ice, so atleast it doesn't appear to be as bad as it looked at first...

Great save by Vokoun on Naslund, beat him 1 on 1 in the slot...

Basher 12-16-2003 05:14 PM

Woohoo....Murray ties it up shorthanded, great pass from Hall.

PredsFan77* 12-16-2003 05:22 PM

I was going to post it up, but I didn't get who made the assist, none the less, we got one point, looking for 2!!!

PredsFan77* 12-16-2003 05:25 PM

and as soon as I post Morrison scores...

Joe T Choker 12-16-2003 05:50 PM

a sprained ankle for Hartnell

Enoch 12-16-2003 05:59 PM

Sigh....Only in the NHL can you watch just 1 period and see over 5 missed calls. What a joke officiating has become. The even up calls are ridiculous.

Case 1:

Orszagh being called for goaltender interference :joker:

On the ensuing Cannuck PP, Bertuzzi called for tripping :joker:

When are they going to learn? I only saw the first period and some change (had a Christmas party at work), and from what I saw, we were playing excellent. At least we got a point! Thank you Rem for continuing to come up with big goals!

crossxcheck 12-16-2003 06:21 PM

Congrats to murray and his 2nd SHG this year!!! Unfortunately, it wasn't enough. We outplayed the 'nucks in about every department tonite, but just weren't able to pull the win (sound familiar?). :cry: I also agree that the officiating was utter crap. Here's to the refs screwing us in 2 games against vancouver this season :mad:

I don't know if anyone else agrees, but IMO hamhuis looked outstanding tonite. He has a bright future.

One more note...arkipov sucks!!!!!!! send his ass to milwaukee!!!!!

barrytrotzsneck 12-16-2003 06:35 PM

i missed the first period, but was pleasantly surprised with what i saw in the second and third. remember...we went on a streak of outplaying teams...and LOSING...at least we're getting points in these games, and hopefully we'll turn it around and start getting the big wins again.

...hmmm..saturday...playing detroit...

Canadian Chris 12-16-2003 06:36 PM

Not trying to have an arguement here, but I can't really see how you can say the officials screwed over Nashville tonight?

Canucks had 5 penalties called against them, while Nashville had 3. Only thing that results out of these penalties was the fact that Murray potted his Shorty...

----------

I agree however that Hamhuis looked really good out there. Almost had that one in OT I think it was. Looked sharp altogether.

-------------
I thought Cloutier and Vokoun both played really well tonight. I missed Ohlund's goal, but saw the other two.....along with Vokoun's heel save off of Sopel to force OT

triggrman 12-16-2003 06:41 PM

Sopel tripped Hartnell next to the boards, no call, Harts was injured. Erat is grabbed and hauled down at the blueline by a guy with no stick causing a turnover were Zidlicky catches the guy with a shoulder and is called for tripping.

I don't want to hear anymore from Nucks fans about grabbing, they held and rode all night long.

dulzhok 12-16-2003 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Sopel tripped Hartnell next to the boards, no call, Harts was injured. Erat is grabbed and hauled down at the blueline by a guy with no stick causing a turnover were Zidlicky catches the guy with a shoulder and is called for tripping.

I don't want to hear anymore from Nucks fans about grabbing, they held and rode all night long.

On the OT goal, Bertuzzi grabbed Timonen by the head and pulled him out of the play.

Basher 12-16-2003 07:07 PM

I think that shot by Hamhuis went in actually, about 3 seconds after the ref blew the whistle. Not complaining, Cloutier had it for a good little bit but it trickled out at the end and crossed the line. I didn't expect that to go our way though. Overall we played great, and looking at who we were playing, I'll take a point over 0 points. Another one of those games we should have won, but like nomo said, we were doing this and losing, so a tie is ok. We need to get at least 2 points in the next 2 games, so I say we gun for Montreal, because beating Detroit again is going to be tough, we need to stay focused on Montreal before we get to Saturday, or we might end up with 0 points in the next two.

Enoch 12-16-2003 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Chris
Not trying to have an arguement here, but I can't really see how you can say the officials screwed over Nashville tonight?

When our best goal-scorer ATM goes off to a non-call Sopel slewfoot.....then I tend to get pissed. Anyways, I said it was bad all around. I only caught 25 mins of the game, and I could pick out bad calls and missed calls continuously. Something is wrong, when I can watch any other sport and catch maybe one or two missed calls an entire game, but if I watch hockey, I see 10 or more missed calls every game, while at the same time watching consistently bad penalty calls.....its an utter shame. I harp on it too much though :D

Good game by the Predators. We got a point, and I'm glad we did. Hopefully Hartnell wont be out too long from the "legal" hit Sopel decided to dish out on him.

An interesting thing that made me laugh.....How in God's name does Sopel fall down and knock the net off the moorings in 1st period. Walker was skating past the goaltender and Sopel acts like he is nailed and knocks it off. What is that??!?! Did I miss something or was Sopel A.) trying to knock the net off purposefully, B.) Trying to draw a hooking/holding penalty on Walker.

Waveburner 12-16-2003 09:21 PM

*makes mental note to not read Nuck-Preds GDT again*

Do you guys always :cry: over officiating? This is pathetic.

monster_bertuzzi 12-16-2003 09:25 PM

You can all relax Hartnell just has a sprained ankle.

Enoch 12-16-2003 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waveburner
*makes mental note to not read Nuck-Preds GDT again*

Do you guys always :cry: over officiating? This is pathetic.

Actually, I was merely pointing out how pathetic officiating in the NHL is in general. This was definitely not the worst case of NHL officiating, by a long shot, however, it does give good examples of how poorly things happen.

Look at my original example.

Cloutier falls down and Orszagh gets a goaltender interference call WT?!?!?

On the ensuing PP, Bertuzzi is called for tripping after doing nothing WT?!?!?

This is a perfect example of evening up the penalties, and frankly it was ridiculous. Why should NHL fans have to put up with the garbage that is NHL officiating. Ratings may be down due to lack of scoring, but if you are a fan, its easy to be put off by the pathetic calls/non-calls that are made each and every game, regardless of the team. Everyone says get "used to it" , but why should we??? Fans have every right to complain when a piss-poor job is done. Its like making a pizza with out the toppings......its a bad product and takes away from the game.

*climbs off soap-box*

Anyways, it was a mighty fine game. Wish we could have nabbed two points, but at least we got a point out of the whole ordeal :yo: