HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ward sent down (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=36446)

LPHabsFan 12-16-2003 11:04 AM

Ward sent down

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?...n&sport=#93149

Don't worry. Before all of you guys go nuts and say he shouldn't be sent down and blah blah, its only for conditioning.

crakced 12-16-2003 11:23 AM

TSN's link

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=64562

Madevilz 12-16-2003 11:24 AM

Is there actually place for him in the current rooster now that Audette is back from injury?

habitants9_4 12-16-2003 11:24 AM

Yay! I will see him play again!

And he should be a force and help the Dogs beat The Mighty Ducks tommorow!

montreal 12-16-2003 11:57 AM

Gratton and Ward back together, ouch.

Maybe

Higgins Gratton Ward
Hossa Plekanec Balej
Olvastad Svitov Perezhogin
Milroy Ferland

gohabsgo2010 12-16-2003 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madevilz
Is there actually place for him in the current rooster now that Audette is back from injury?

There's always the place on the Habs for a big, talented, hard working, physical forward.

Darz 12-17-2003 05:53 AM

I think this is the best thing for Ward. After being out of action for that long of a stretch, I think a little stint in Hamilton to get everything back to normal is the best thing for Ward. Once he is back up to speed, hopefully management will call him up, and send Audette down permenantly!!!!!

Démon Blond 12-17-2003 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
I think this is the best thing for Ward. After being out of action for that long of a stretch, I think a little stint in Hamilton to get everything back to normal is the best thing for Ward. Once he is back up to speed, hopefully management will call him up, and send Audette down permenantly!!!!!

Since it's a conditionning string, he'll be back for sure.

And I agree 200% on the send Audette down permanently part! :handclap:

Bob Bastards 12-17-2003 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Démon Blond
Since it's a conditionning string, he'll be back for sure.

And I agree 200% on the send Audette down permanently part! :handclap:

They could send down Juneau, Perrault and Kilger too. For what they bring to this team...

Dutchy 12-17-2003 07:33 AM

Ward has proven he belongs to the team. He brought a lot of grit to the game. IMO, he's worth 12 Audis.

Démon Blond 12-17-2003 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ********
They could send down Juneau, Perrault and Kilger too. For what they bring to this team...

Juneau does a decent job this year, Perreault has a 65% faceoff wins percentage..

I agree for Kilger though, a sting in the minor could wake him up. But I seriously doubt it, he's always sleeping and does nothing :p

jan_bulis_38 12-17-2003 02:56 PM

Me if I was Bob, I would try to trade Kiilger for a pick or something like that, and place ward in the line up.
But who want kilger...

gohabsgo2010 12-17-2003 02:59 PM

Get off of Kilger guys. We were all over Sundstrom, and look at how well he's played (except for last game) of late. Kilger is safe until Ward returns. The two of them have great chemistry together. Ward's energy increases and plenty of it seems to rub off on Kilger. Give Kilger the fourth line centre spot, and throw Ward on the right wing. Slice up 12:00 a night, and I'm convinced you'd have a very effective fourth line.

Guy Caballero 12-17-2003 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Get off of Kilger guys. We were all over Sundstrom, and look at how well he's played (except for last game) of late. Kilger is safe until Ward returns. The two of them have great chemistry together. Ward's energy increases and plenty of it seems to rub off on Kilger. Give Kilger the fourth line centre spot, and throw Ward on the right wing. Slice up 12:00 a night, and I'm convinced you'd have a very effective fourth line.

That gives us:

Ryder-Koivu-Bulis
Audette-Ribs-Zed
Dackell-Juneau-Sundstrom
Langdon-Kilger-Ward

Where's Yannic?

gohabsgo2010 12-17-2003 03:15 PM

Lurking in the shadows. :)
I don't have a place for Perreault. He's played better of late, as has everyone really, but he doesn't really fit into any of the lines. I would like to see, at some point, a pair of competant scoring lines; a fast, astute checking line; and a capable, physical energy line. Perreault doesn't fit.

Guy Caballero 12-17-2003 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Lurking in the shadows. :)
I don't have a place for Perreault. He's played better of late, as has everyone really, but he doesn't really fit into any of the lines. I would like to see, at some point, a pair of competant scoring lines; a fast, astute checking line; and a capable, physical energy line. Perreault doesn't fit.

Fair enough. I feel the same way about building third and fourth lines. All the more reason that a trade is necessary. Either get rid of Yannic or get rid of Ribs and get a winger for line 2. I don't really care who they trade out of the two, although I think we get more if we trade Ribeiro.

Ribs and Rivet for Satan?

Habsfool 12-17-2003 03:43 PM

welcome back to WARD
its a good guys on the 4 line and he can score an upgrade of kilger