HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   with Avery's success (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=364536)

Sad London Ranger 04-02-2007 06:42 AM

with Avery's success
 
would you think we would go out and sign another quality pest: Scott Nichol who is a free agent at the end of the season. Fast skater, one of top 10 face off men in NHL and until now one of great bargains in the NHL. Even if conceding that he goes mental every once a while and that he is prone to injury. He is still only 32 and will be good for 3 more years.

I saw him just before he broke his finger in a game vs Red Wings and he was the best man on the ice with 30 minutes ice time for a 3rd line center. Let's not forget
that Straka, Nylander etc are no spring chickens.

i think he'd move to NY given that he lives upstate NY in off season.

NYRBLUE 74 04-02-2007 07:02 AM

Winning and having fun.....
 
Not to shabby....but I think alot of good players are going to want to come to broadway this summer. If you look at Shanny and Cullen you could see why the players are looking at NY.... now more then ever. The training facilities are the best....and the Garden is home to hockey. The New York area is one of the best in the world. The education is second to none..big selling point for players with kids. I think the Rangers will stay away from players on the back side of their career's. The Rangers will continue to stay young.


The Rangers are playing like a bunch of blue chip college freshmen. And when your winning and having fun.....there nothing like it. Hard to beat.

nyr2k2 04-02-2007 12:02 PM

On the topic of players wanting to come to NY, the most recent edition of the hockey news had a poll of 300 NHLers with the Rangers second in terms of teams that you'd want to play for. IIRC, the Isles were third from the bottom.

poeman 04-02-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRBLUE 74 (Post 8735081)
Not to shabby....but I think alot of good players are going to want to come to broadway this summer. If you look at Shanny and Cullen you could see why the players are looking at NY.... now more then ever. The training facilities are the best....and the Garden is home to hockey. The New York area is one of the best in the world. The education is second to none..big selling point for players with kids. I think the Rangers will stay away from players on the back side of their career's. The Rangers will continue to stay young.


The Rangers are playing like a bunch of blue chip college freshmen. And when your winning and having fun.....there nothing like it. Hard to beat.

youre sales pitch isnt bad, i might contact NY Rangers regarding my play next year in the NHL. They shall never regret it for i will be training in the best of facilities :yo:

cjdv16 04-02-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 8737076)
On the topic of players wanting to come to NY, the most recent edition of the hockey news had a poll of 300 NHLers with the Rangers second in terms of teams that you'd want to play for. If I recall correctly, the Isles were third from the bottom.

who wouldn't like a job where you're significantly overpaid? sign me up and call me yashin, holik, kasparaitis, lefevbre, fleury, karpa, etc.

nyr2k2 04-02-2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjdv16 (Post 8737155)
who wouldn't like a job where you're significantly overpaid? sign me up and call me yashin, holik, kasparaitis, lefevbre, fleury, karpa, etc.

A couple years too late with that comment, but yeah.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 04-02-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by london ranger (Post 8735049)
would you think we would go out and sign another quality pest: Scott Nichol who is a free agent at the end of the season. Fast skater, one of top 10 face off men in NHL and until now one of great bargains in the NHL. Even if conceding that he goes mental every once a while and that he is prone to injury. He is still only 32 and will be good for 3 more years.

I saw him just before he broke his finger in a game vs Red Wings and he was the best man on the ice with 30 minutes ice time for a 3rd line center. Let's not forget
that Straka, Nylander etc are no spring chickens.

i think he'd move to NY given that he lives upstate NY in off season.

Not sure where you play him.

McDonagh27 04-02-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjdv16 (Post 8737155)
who wouldn't like a job where you're significantly overpaid? sign me up and call me yashin, holik, kasparaitis, lefevbre, fleury, karpa, etc.

In case you didn't notice, the Rangers are no longer the joke of the league.. Where have you been the last 2 years?

Don't include the Yashin deal with the Rangers blunders... At least Holik didn't get 7 years or whatever. That 15 year contract you just gave to your goalie was a sound decision too.

zacn 04-02-2007 01:44 PM

I don't see why we need another pest. Avery does the job fine. We are stuck with the likes of Cullen at center now and I'd much rather go out and get another goal scorer and use our line of youth for this type of a player. I just don't see how one more 30+ year old signing would help this team at all.

blue2noise 04-02-2007 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjdv16 (Post 8737155)
who wouldn't like a job where you're significantly overpaid? sign me up and call me yashin, holik, kasparaitis, lefevbre, fleury, karpa, etc.

He's just pissed because Smyth is never going to stay in that dump.

shoothepuck 04-02-2007 02:12 PM

NY needs to keep who they have, develop from within, and only sign players who will fill holes in needed areas. A better face-off man is needed in the organization, but don't se where Nichol fits.

RangerSteve 04-02-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjdv16 (Post 8737155)
who wouldn't like a job where you're significantly overpaid? sign me up and call me yashin, holik, kasparaitis, lefevbre, fleury, karpa, etc.

Holik should have never gotten that contract but it is what the FA Market(NJD, TOR, NYR) had a bidding war for his service. You guys on the other hand traded for Yashin and came flying out of left field with $90,000,000.

Brian Boyle 04-02-2007 02:57 PM

with the success of Lundqvist do we sign another quality goalie?

BDubinskyNYR17* 04-02-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 8739396)
with the success of Lundqvist do we sign another quality goalie?

no unless Montoya gets hurt, aint ready or we sign stopgap player like Brian Boucher. Weekes I think wont be back, maybe he will sign with the Leafs or some team from Canada. If anything, Montoya backs up and we draft a goalie in the 2ed round.

Brian Boyle 04-02-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHall18NYR (Post 8739550)
no unless Montoya gets hurt, aint ready or we sign stopgap player like Brian Boucher. Weekes I think wont be back, maybe he will sign with the Leafs or some team from Canada. If anything, Montoya backs up and we draft a goalie in the 2ed round.

yeah I was being sarcastic. having a good agitator doesn't mean you should sign more agitators.

nyr2k2 04-02-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 8739797)
yeah I was being sarcastic. having a good agitator doesn't mean you should sign more agitators.

Yeah, I mean we have Avery, Cally and Hollweg, Orr who will fight, Shanny who's tough, Dubinsky on the horizon, etc... Unless there's an UFA out there who is an agitator and an offensive upgrade over what we already have in the system and on the club, there's no need to add another pest.

KreiMeARiver 04-02-2007 03:47 PM

We just need to lock up Avery, that's it.

Forever Blue 04-02-2007 03:54 PM

I don't think we need another. In terms of free agency, I'd rather just focus on getting a top notch goal scorer if the opportunity presents itself. Instead of signing second-tier FA veterans to fill lines, we should let the youngsters take the open spots.

BDubinskyNYR17* 04-02-2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 8739916)
Yeah, I mean we have Avery, Cally and Hollweg, Orr who will fight, Shanny who's tough, Dubinsky on the horizon, etc... Unless there's an UFA out there who is an agitator and an offensive upgrade over what we already have in the system and on the club, there's no need to add another pest.

if can add scott hartnell, we should consider it, big young LW with skill and grit.

GarretJoseph 04-02-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue2noise (Post 8738527)
He's just pissed because Smyth is never going to stay in that dump.

Perhaps Smyth replaces Isbister on the top line this summer...

:sarcasm:

trueblue9441 04-02-2007 06:29 PM

no why would we do that isbister is a hockey god.. look at that strength down low and his ability to finish.. he is the man! hes the reason why we scored 13 goals this weekend! hes our first line winger without a doubt next season :sarcasm:

Inferno 04-02-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarretJoseph (Post 8740363)
Perhaps Smyth replaces Isbister on the top line this summer...

:sarcasm:

hes going to Calgary.

GarretJoseph 04-02-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 8741710)
hes going to Calgary.

oiler fans would die.

Inferno 04-02-2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarretJoseph (Post 8742917)
oiler fans would die.

probably.

btw, thats just my guess, the Calgary thing. i just think hed be a great fit there.

Brian Boyle 04-02-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 8742942)
probably.

btw, thats just my guess, the Calgary thing. i just think hed be a great fit there.

do you really think Calgary would pay (and likely overpay) for him with pretty much their entire roster's contracts expiring in the next two seasons?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.