HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Devils fire Julien (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=364600)

nyr2k2 04-02-2007 11:49 AM

Devils fire Julien

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2822234

Didn't see that coming.

bogans 04-02-2007 11:51 AM

Wow?!?

This makes no sense, what organization would fire their coach heading into the playoffs after winning their division this season?

MCHNYG 04-02-2007 11:51 AM

Why now? He must have done something wrong that we don't know about. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Geogaddi 04-02-2007 11:53 AM

Man alot of Devils fans were right something was about to happen to Julien. Patty Burns?

McDonagh27 04-02-2007 11:54 AM

I'm shocked, but not really... It has happened before with some success.. You can't really doubt Lou's decisions.

NYRMatt 04-02-2007 11:55 AM

How odd. :amazed:

nyr2k2 04-02-2007 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander (Post 8736928)
I'm shocked, but not really... It has happened before with some success.. You can't really doubt Lou's decisions.

Lou is pretty on the ball, but I don't know about this one. Seems as if it would have been better a week or two ago, to give the guys a little time to adjust. Time will tell.

ruckus* 04-02-2007 11:57 AM

just great. justttttttttttt great. now the devils will flip the switch and go on to win the stanley cup finals. i hate the devils. everything they do works. i doubt this will be any different.

I Am Chariot 04-02-2007 11:57 AM

Ya think the Rangers have Lou spooked.....maybe just a little bit....just a tiny little bit

nyr2k2 04-02-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cycleandshoot (Post 8736990)
Ya think the Rangers have Lou spooked.....maybe just a little bit....just a tiny little bit

I think Lou is pissed that the Pens, with their entertaining brand of hockey, have passed the Debbies.

Shadowrunner 04-02-2007 12:04 PM

Judging from the past, these things usually spark the Devils. I want to play them a little bit less now.

RangerBoy 04-02-2007 12:05 PM

LL is taking over as HC

in the hall 04-02-2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robruckus (Post 8736983)
just great. justttttttttttt great. now the devils will flip the switch and go on to win the stanley cup finals. i hate the devils. everything they do works. i doubt this will be any different.

lol i love your post

didn't a similar thing happen not too long ago?

I Am Chariot 04-02-2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

please.... just relax

We have to BEAT the Best to BE the BEST. And if Lous behind the bench. All the sweeter.

The Devils are very beatable. They were yesterday....and will be tomorrow.

Infact I think we can say that for EVERY team in the East......

The Amity Affliction 04-02-2007 12:10 PM

This just brings to mind when they fired Robbie Ftorek down the stretch in the 99-00 season, and Larry Robinson took over. They went onto beat the defending champs Dallas in 6 for the cup.

I'm not saying that it will happen again, but that's what I think of right off of the bat.

I don't get why, either. They just got Gionta back, so now they're going to be a whole lot more dangerous.

danman1202 04-02-2007 12:10 PM

Very strange...

But I'm not one to argue with Lou. He's done it before and won the whole thing. But why would anyone want to take that job knowing that no matter how good you do you still might get fired?

SickNice 04-02-2007 12:13 PM

Does anyone have any insight as to why this happened? The level of play from the team? Something behind the scenes? I'm a little suprised...

snowcloud 04-02-2007 12:17 PM

I wonder why they would do this so close to the playoffs Reminds me of when Espo canned Bergeron in the last week of the season. :amazed:

Inferno 04-02-2007 12:18 PM

I think its because Lou is such an unbelievable narcissist that he wants to be the guy to guide them to the cup. Juliens done a GREAT job with the injuries theyve had.

This is just an ego stroking move imho.

HockeyBasedNYC 04-02-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Thats the first thing i thought.

But not if the Rangers can stop them they wont

Stoney La Rock 04-02-2007 12:25 PM

There's got to be something more to this...maybe time will tell the whole story. I feel bad for Julien, though. It's one thing to tank and get fired, but he seemed to be faring pretty well, given the injuries and all.

Ola 04-02-2007 12:34 PM

I think its just a way of getting a new start for the PO's, they are clearly struggling right now.

Even if they are still a good team, I would have bet my house that they wouldn't have won the cup. And I think they felt like that themselfs. With Lou back they get a new start to build up better confidence ect.

At the same time, its very very shortsighted...

eco's bones 04-02-2007 12:35 PM

Well maybe it provides a spark and maybe it doesn't. A question that comes to my mind though is what prospective coach out there is going to choose the Devils over someone else knowing that LL will pull the plug on him whenever the notion occurs and no matter what results he's gotten? Coaching the Devils seems to argue against job longevity. It's kind of like being hired as a temp.

94now 04-02-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 8737342)
I think its because Lou is such an unbelievable narcissist that he wants to be the guy to guide them to the cup. Juliens done a GREAT job with the injuries theyve had.

This is just an ego stroking move imho.

I doubt it. I mean Lou is no less narcissist then others, but it should cost a lot of money. The balance of Julien contract has to be paid off and that is two years, isn't it? The shake up worked well in the past. The only time will show.

94now 04-02-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco's bones (Post 8737593)
A question that comes to my mind though is what prospective coach out there is going to choose the Devils over someone else knowing that LL will pull the plug on him whenever the notion occurs and no matter what results he's gotten? Coaching the Devils seems to argue against job longevity.

That might the one with issues on LIFE longevity. I have a feeling it would be Pat Burns. I also think Julien will stay in the organization.