HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Best Win and Worst Loss (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=365429)

HockeyBasedNYC 04-04-2007 04:08 PM

Best Win and Worst Loss
 
I know theres 2 games still left but I started to look back at the year with the Rangers being so close with Tampa and noticed the biggest win and worst loss.

-------------------

The biggest win might be the last of the year to get them into that sixth spot, but as of now i think
for me it was beating the Canadiens at home 4-0 the night (Feb 27th) after they lost to Columbus and everyone thought that was it.

At that point it was only their 13th win at home but after that game they went 11-2-4 and won 7 out of the next 9 at home. Thats when Hank and the D really got it together for the stretch run.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...007&gameType=2

---------------------

This game will go down as the worst loss of the season IMO. Up 3-0 to the Lightning going into the third. At the time it was a huge loss, but who knows how far the implications will reach. That third period could potentially change the playoff matchups and runs of both teams.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...007&gameType=2

The Rangers would be in 6th right now up by 4 points, instead of tied at 92 and in 7th.

Whats yours?

Bluenote13 04-04-2007 04:26 PM

Can't look back yet my friend, just can't do it.

Firefly 04-04-2007 04:26 PM

Best - back to back wins at Anaheim and San Jose
Worst - Columbus, back to back choke jobs vs the Panters and Bolts, getting stomped by Buffalo, the 7-4 loss to the Isles when Kozlov had 4 goals....the list goes on....

skymachine 04-04-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefly (Post 8767476)
Best - back to back wins at Anaheim and San Jose
Worst - Columbus, back to back choke jobs vs the Panters and Bolts, getting stomped by Buffalo, the 7-4 loss to the Isles when Kozlov had 4 goals....the list goes on....

And thats not even mentioning the 9-2 loss to Toronto, the 6-1 loss to the Devils at the Garden, the loss to the Flyers where Shanahan got knocked out, all of the blown 2-0 leads turned into losses games, the chokejob vs. Detroit, the SO loss to the Devils when Jagr refused to shoot, the 6-5 loss to the Pens early in the year with Crosby scoring with 3 seconds left to win...

But there were some great ones. Both home games vs. Washington come to mind, especially when Shanny fought Brashear. The 7-2 win over Toronto the other day was huge, the 13-rounder vs. Philly and the 8-round shootout win in NJ with Hossa showing signs of brilliance, the 5-0 win over Philly, the shutouts against Carolina, Tampa, and Montreal (I think) at home, the 3 goals in 90 seconds vs the Devils at home, the come from behind win vs. St. Louis with Valiquette in goal, the 3 wins over the Isles, the 7-0 and 6-1 wins over Boston, the list goes on.

Hopefully the next 2 games fall in the second paragraph.

Lundqvist=Vezina 04-05-2007 12:17 AM

The game against toronto was the worst for me

I Am Chariot 04-05-2007 12:21 AM

The Best was the Ducks Game

The Worst was Crosby scoring the gwg w/ 4 secs left in October. A game we should have won.

I Am Chariot 04-05-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRtom6 (Post 8770915)

But there were some great ones. Both home games vs. Washington come to mind, especially when Shanny fought Brashear. The 7-2 win over Toronto the other day was huge, the 13-rounder vs. Philly and the 8-round shootout win in NJ with Hossa showing signs of brilliance, the 5-0 win over Philly, the shutouts against Carolina, Tampa, and Montreal (I think) at home, the 3 goals in 90 seconds vs the Devils at home, the come from behind win vs. St. Louis with Valiquette in goal, the 3 wins over the Isles, the 7-0 and 6-1 wins over Boston, the list goes on.

Hopefully the next 2 games fall in the second paragraph.

Shanny vs Brashear at Center Ice was CLASSIC

zacn 04-05-2007 12:46 AM

Best had to have been beating the Isles when they absolutely pounded DP. They had been killing us all year and we absolutely dominated that game. It was also the real turning point emotionally for this team...well, that and the next night during the beheading.

Worst had to have been the loss to columbus because, well, how can you loose to columbus after being up 2-0, give up two short handed goals and all this while you are desperate to get everyone point you can and on the outside of the playoff picture looking in.

broadwayblue 04-05-2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 8767266)
This game will go down as the worst loss of the season IMO. Up 3-0 to the Lightning going into the third. At the time it was a huge loss, but who knows how far the implications will reach. That third period could potentially change the playoff matchups and runs of both teams.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...007&gameType=2

The Rangers would be in 6th right now up by 4 points, instead of tied at 92 and in 7th.

That's the worst one for me. I took a 3 1/2 hour road trip to Tampa to see that game. Talk about having your feelings totally reversed in less than 20 minutes. :(

dank 04-05-2007 10:01 AM

seems like i've been to too many bad losses this year..

columbus, the pitts game with so little left, the 7-4 islanders game (thats definitely the worst for me)..

i walked out of MSG, first time ever, that afternoon..

WhipNash27 04-05-2007 10:28 AM

Best win comeback vs. Devils
Worst loss 2-0 loss vs. Columbus.

Both games that I was at

MidnightRanger 04-05-2007 10:49 AM

Best-- beating the devils 3-2 after being down 2-0.

Worst -- Losing to Detroit 4-3 after being up 3-0

WhipNash27 04-05-2007 10:52 AM

I was at the Detroit too, that one sucked also

How about when they were getting destroyed by Ottawa and came back within 1 goal in the 3rd and then lost.

SPG 04-05-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina (Post 8772682)
The game against toronto was the worst for me

The Toronto game last weekend has to be up there with the best though. I also enjoyed the 7-0 thumping of Boston on St Paddy's day.

kovalev27hf 04-05-2007 11:09 AM

in terms of what it meant to the season the come from behind win against st. louis with valiquette in net was the turning point of the year. of course the worst loss was the columbus game because we thought that was it. that detroit loss stuck in my head too for a long time

Plato 04-05-2007 11:11 AM

the worst was the 2 goal lead we blew to tampa where i think boyle scored a natural hat if im nto mistaken

another candidate for worst loss was the game against the habs about a week ago when henrik got pulled after 4 goals were allowed in the 2nd period

dave4 04-05-2007 11:20 AM

I think the best win SO FAR had to be the comeback against St. Louis that Saturday afternoon. A loss in that game and we're all mourning our lost playoff spot and wondering why JD isn't OUR team president.

I think that game was the first step in this amazing stretch we've had.

That said, winning on Tuesday on the Island would have been the biggest win of the year. That place would have exploded.

dank 04-05-2007 11:23 AM

as for best wins..

Devils comeback, rocking Garden

Season opener, Shanny at 600

Toronto 7-2

One of Henrik's SO

rickyrod 04-05-2007 12:15 PM

The 9-2 loss to Toronto in December was quite dire and began our 7 game skid. Some of the early losses to Buffalo stung as well, if only because their fans are insufferable jerks.

I'm not sure about "best" win, but the most satisfying was mopping the floor with Philly 5-0 at home a few weeks ago. Getting revenge on Toronto was also nice.

True Blue Bleed Blue 04-05-2007 05:43 PM

Best win= Home vs TB, WSH, TOR, BOS...all toss ups
Worst Loss= CBJ at home, DET at home

steviek3b 04-05-2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kovalev27hf (Post 8775760)
in terms of what it meant to the season the come from behind win against st. louis with valiquette in net was the turning point of the year. of course the worst loss was the columbus game because we thought that was it. that detroit loss stuck in my head too for a long time

I agree completely. That St. Louis game sticks out as the best win. Columbus was a horrible loss and I would say that the Detroit loss was horrible but since I don't get OLN and had to listen to it on the radio, I don't have such a vivid image in my head.

Black Tank 04-06-2007 10:02 PM

Best win definitely has to be the most recent win against the Flyers at the Garden. Orr's knockout of Fedoruk and domination of the Flyers seemed to cement the turnaround. Worst loss had to be the Columbus game: weak opponent, meaningless game, should have been an easy 2 pointer but instead showed a complete lack of focus and determination.

Ranger35 04-06-2007 10:32 PM

I think it's fitting how the biggest loss and biggest win are both against Toronto, especially with the biggest win coming as a revenge in a must win game.

As far as great moments in the season? There are many, but I think beating the Devils in 90 seconds after being down 2-0 was one of the most enjoyable moments for me.

WheresBarnaby 04-07-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majoritystorm (Post 8775530)
Best-- beating the devils 3-2 after being down 2-0.

Worst -- Losing to Detroit 4-3 after being up 3-0

Same best for me...

Worst- first 4 games vs the Isles :shakehead

Nich 04-07-2007 01:02 PM

best game...tonight


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.