HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers players "Accused" of cursing at and spitting on Ice Girls (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=365537)

BJo 04-04-2007 09:19 PM

Rangers players "Accused" of cursing at and spitting on Ice Girls

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

I find the spitting hard to believe. To me it seem more likely it was a water bottle squirt. But who knows. I just find the story interesting

gers* 04-04-2007 09:26 PM

this is why the whole ''ice girls'' thing is a joke

Levitate 04-04-2007 09:29 PM

I see nothing in there that says they cursed "at" the girls. It sounds like they were pissed that they had people on the ice pestering them and removing snow from the crease, which goalies don't necessarily like.

In the middle of a big rivalry game, you're trying to keep your concentration, and someone is coming up to you, talking to you, bumping your equipment, and making your job harder...and all this in an emotional game like hockey? I'm not saying they handled it well, if these reports are to be believed, but it's completely not surprising that players would be annoyed at these icegirls.

The spitting thing would be going too far, but it also is rather suspect in that it's a lot of "omg, I THINK this happened"

and nice edits ;)

WHARF1940 04-04-2007 09:29 PM

It is pretty ridiculous, but they aren't exactly hard on the eyes!!!!!

FLYLine24* 04-04-2007 09:30 PM

Meh...show me some real evidence of this. The cameras are recording even when they are on a TV timeout.

Till then...a bunch of 20 year olds trying to score some extra bucks by blowing something out of proportion.

polako 04-04-2007 09:30 PM

Perspective here, please.

How many incidents of spitting have been reported in the NHL? If there was ever a candidate in the Isles organization to be the recipient of a spit, I would imagine it would be Hill or Witt, not an adolescent girl.

I just find this very far fetched, and until definitive evidence surfaces, I'll continue to doubt the story.

BRONX_MADNESS* 04-04-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjoelson (Post 8770491)
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

I find the spitting hard to believe. To me it seem more likely it was a water bottle squirt. But who knows. I just find the story interesting

The only "disgusting" thing here is the skewed fairy tales being thrown about by news reporters on the matter, and the gullible spite harbored by isles fans for this "incident".

Lundy had never been moved from his crease. He was concentrating, and a girl comes up and hits his stick with a broom? He's swedish, he can't communicate well. He probably was just trying to brush the broom aside, even the girl said she wasn't harmed, but oh right, he took a "huge wind up". PLEASE.

As for the spitting, if she suddenly felt wetness on her back it was more than likely a water bottle squirt or an unintentional spit. Wake up...

Oh, and way to edit buddy ;)

BJo 04-04-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate (Post 8770628)

and nice edits ;)

Haha. i couldn't find the right words :)

Casmatt 04-04-2007 09:34 PM

"All of the sudden my back got wet"

Nobody spat on her, this is completely rediculous. She thinks someone spit on her because her back "got wet"....

Levitate 04-04-2007 09:36 PM

I wish there was some video of this "slash" by Lundqvist. Maybe it was too much, I don't know, but I just have the niggling feeling that it was a small swat at her squeegee to knock it out of the way after she bumped him

jas 04-04-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marceltheuseless (Post 8770695)
"All of the sudden my back got wet"

Nobody spat on her, this is completely rediculous. She thinks someone spit on her because her back "got wet"....

RESIST THE URGE!!!!!:naughty:

kovalev27hf 04-04-2007 09:46 PM

to easy. and im sure the girl knows the difference between water and spit on her back ;)

BJo 04-04-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kovalev27hf (Post 8770857)
to easy. and im sure the girl knows the difference between water and spit on her back ;)

haha. The jokes are too easy.

Onion Boy 04-04-2007 09:49 PM

I'm sorry but :biglaugh:

Bird Law 04-04-2007 09:50 PM

OUR TEAM IS PURE EVIL.

LUNDQVIST IS THE LEADER.

THE ****ING DEVIL.

Oh my God, this is such a great thing. I love this all right now. I'm laughing so hard. :biglaugh:

NYR_32 04-04-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate (Post 8770731)
I wish there was some video of this "slash" by Lundqvist. Maybe it was too much, I don't know, but I just have the niggling feeling that it was a small swat at her squeegee to knock it out of the way after she bumped him

I was at the game and saw it. It wasn't anything major and it is being blown out of proportion. Even the person I was at the game with, who isn't a big time hockey fan said so. Henrik was looking down in his crease, trying to stay focused and she bumped him a bit with the scraper, so he gave the handle a tap. During subsequent stoppages a linesmen went over to his crease to make sure nothing else happened, and that the girls gave him his space.

Smashley 04-04-2007 09:52 PM

Obviously these are cheerleaders on the side considering they can barely handle making a public statement without sounding completely brain dead.

Being a girl myself I know I'm so outnumbered on this but, sorry sweeties, just because you aren't getting dollar bills thrown at you and cat calls is no reason to run to the girls room and cry about it.

OH MAH GAWD, LYKE GROW A PAIR!!!1@1 :biglaugh:

Bird Law 04-04-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR_32 (Post 8770939)
I was at the game and saw it. It wasn't anything major and it is being blown out of proportion. Even the person I was at the game with, who isn't a big time hockey fan said so. Henrik was looking down in his crease, trying to stay focused and she bumped him a bit with the scraper, so he gave the handle a tap. During subsequent stoppages a linesmen went over to his crease to make sure nothing else happened, and that the girls gave him his space.

No way, Henrik tried to kill her. :teach: :sarcasm:

FLYLine24* 04-04-2007 09:56 PM

Nobody has gotten out of line, but consider this the warning. Disagree what the ice girls are saying if you want, but no personal attacks on players from unconfirmed information or accusations. Don't start calling out fan bases, or start the name calling.

Right now, again..they are just accusations from 2-3 girls. If you have something negative to say toward the Rangers or Isles organization, just laugh in the thread instead or whatever...we all know this has the potential to get out of hand.

Bird Law 04-04-2007 09:57 PM

Our ice guys should beat up their ice girls.

Balej20* 04-04-2007 09:58 PM

I laughed my ass off when I read this. What an outright joke. Yes, Lundqvist wound up and two hand slashed the little girl in the arm. And Sean Avery spit on the girls back. And the Rangers were using "naughty" language when talking to the officials about it.

FLYLine24* 04-04-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Rx (Post 8771009)
Our ice guys should beat up their ice girls.

Can we have the little kid who stands at center ice waving to the crowd with the bucket join in the scrum? :D

DontStaal 04-04-2007 10:01 PM

haha this thread is awesome :biglaugh:

poor ice girls

RangerSteve 04-04-2007 10:03 PM

It really wouldn't surprise me at all if something did happen. However I still don't get why the Isles have to bring out the shovel ****** during all these TV timeouts. They've got plenty of maintenance guys there that could do the same job. This isn't the first time a goaltender has refused to move. Ryan Miller did the same thing as Hank earlier this season.

*-Term created by Scott Ferrall when referring to the Ice Girls.

Bird Law 04-04-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontStaal (Post 8771063)
haha this thread is awesome :biglaugh:

poor ice girls

Yeah, I'm sure the girl who got water flicked on her or squirted from a bottle didn't say ANYTHING to the Rangers bench and is completely, 100% innocent. She probably said something and one of the guys squirt a water bottle at her in jest.

Big ****ing deal.

Now she's crying to the media like a girl who was abused all her damn life.

Pathetic.