HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   10/17/03 Detroit Vs. San Jose GDT (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=36620)

zetterberg40 12-17-2003 04:32 AM

10/17/03 Detroit Vs. San Jose GDT

Well ill be going to the game tonight, cant wait :handclap:

i read cujo will start again tonight, and barnes was sent back down... Hope we get a win

ill say: 4-2 detroit

det: datsyuk, lidstrom, mowers, shanahan
sj: marleau, ekman

kira 12-17-2003 04:46 AM

I envy you...and I hope for you that the guys have another good game tonight, and that Pasha comes up with a new trick out of his bag.

When asked if there was any goal that surprised even him during an interview Tuesday, Pasha looked up and said, "Yesterday." That sweet no-looker surprised even him. Not to mention the rest of us. :)

I loved Jiri Fischer's comment on his teammate: "He definitely learned to play hockey on another planet." :joker:

dragonwyck 12-17-2003 06:31 AM

Be sure to rough up those Sharks so their good and beat up tomorrow night in St. Louis.

Spaceace 12-17-2003 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonwyck
Be sure to rough up those Sharks so their good and beat up tomorrow night in St. Louis.

Yes,but let's hope Detroit loses in regulation to boot. :handclap: But I doubt it,the Wings have been great as of late. :mad:

kira 12-17-2003 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonwyck

We'll give it our best shot, how's that?

On the other hand, though we don't want to rough them up too much so that they can't give you guys some headaches. ;)

zetterberg40 12-17-2003 09:21 AM

rwc said on the radio at 1 said Zets will be in the line-up tonight... duno how reliable that is

SlavaKozlov 12-17-2003 10:33 AM

I'll be happy if Zett is back, as long as he is 100% healthy, we don't need him to Whitney.

About predicting, I will go with what has been working for me the past couple games, and say I predict Datsyuk will have a multipoint game. It worked the last 2 times, lol.

PigPen 12-17-2003 10:59 AM

I'm predicting a big game for Datsyuk. 2 assists.
3-1 wings.
Hull, Shanahan, Lidstrom(!!!!)
Sturm

I get the feeling this is going to be a boring game.

Boomhower 12-17-2003 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PigPen
I get the feeling this is going to be a boring game.

It better not be, I picked the game to go over(5.5) on my proline ticket. I think Cujo will let in a couple early goals and the Wings will have to be aggressive offensively for a comeback win, in a high scoring game....or so I hope.

Vyacheslav 12-17-2003 01:36 PM

Detroit 3
Datsyuk, Draper, Fischer
San Jose 2
Korolyuk, Damphousse

Vyacheslav 12-17-2003 03:13 PM

Welcome back, bearded Zetterberg. 1-0 Wings

Vincent Vega 12-17-2003 03:30 PM

Is Zetterberg playing at center?

Winger98 12-17-2003 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nash61
Is Zetterberg playing at center?

I believe he's lining up between Mowers and Shanahan.

Hockeycrazed07 12-17-2003 04:54 PM

As low-scoring this game is, it's been a great one. ...and though I don't agree with some of the non-calls, the flow of this game has been great. In a way, it's great to see some calls get missed for the overall flow of the game.

Blues fans, you may yet get your wish.

~Crazed.

Predatore 12-17-2003 05:05 PM

wow, I was very impressed with Z's return. I did not expect him to get as much ice-time.
Good game.

SlavaKozlov 12-17-2003 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlavaKozlov
I'll be happy if Zett is back, as long as he is 100% healthy, we don't need him to Whitney.

About predicting, I will go with what has been working for me the past couple games, and say I predict Datsyuk will have a multipoint game. It worked the last 2 times, lol.

Did I day Datsyuk? I meant Zetterberg for a multipoint game, lol :p :D Hell of a game by Zetterberg, he looks 110% back to his old game. 3 points in his first game back after injury, NICE! Also what a shot by Datsyuk, huge clutch goal, even though the Wings had 2 more attackers. That no look backhand pass by Z to Shanny was great, and Shanny got a hold of it. From what I saw we didn't look THAT great, and Cujo saved our ***** multiple times. I said Hasek should have never returned, and now the way Cujo is playing, Hasek can take as long as he would like to recover. Cujo has player GREAT the last 4-5 games or so since being called up. He deserves to be a NHL started, him in the AHL is a joke.

BTW, that goal puts Pavel Datsyuk tied for both 1st in points AND goals. Tying Lang with 40 points (:eek: he is on fire!!!) and a alreays single season high 19 goals tying Nash ( :eek: :eek: even more surprising!) Hope he can keep this pace up, even though he will no doubt have minutes cut with returning players. Also a nice check put on Marleau.

kira 12-17-2003 05:21 PM

Man, I am gettin too old for this stuff! :joker:

Welcome back Henrik! Great night...you should keep the beard...looks good. I agree with you guys who said he looks like he hasn't missed a beat. :handclap:

Thank you Pasha! I knew you had something up your sleeve...you'd been too quiet all night long. And now he's tied for first in goals and points! Wow - who would have thought it? It's not even half way through the season and he's already sitting on 40 points and 19 goals...whoever said he was going to hit the wall at 25 might want to rethink that. :yo:

And thank you Brendan! Once again, you came through in the clutch. Love it! :handclap:

Now we need to put up another good game on Friday night.

PigPen 12-17-2003 05:23 PM

Wow...
I didn't expect Zetterberg to play THAT good tonight. I figured he'd take babysteps in his first game back but just wow. He was great offensively and defensively. It seemed like every shift he created something.
I didn't like all the clutching and grabbing but it wasn't that bad a game. Nice finish to it.

Goldark 12-17-2003 05:24 PM

Pretty exciting game..

Just wanted to mention that for all the flak he's gotten this season (deservedly so in the beginning of the year), Shanahan's production has really shot up, which has been basically overshadowed by Datsyuk's recent tear. Sure, he's not the power forward he once was, but he remains an effective scoring winger nonetheless.

Another note, Lidstrom got his first point in God knows how long. Hopefully, this can jumpstart his offensive game...

Once again, Cujo was solid in the win.....and the goalie controversey continues...

Ajo 12-18-2003 02:41 AM

I saw about the half game before I decided I needed 3.5 hours sleep before going to work.

Zetterberg is a good player, he showed that. Gave the Wings another skilled player. It seemed that the lines were realy messed up day. Is Lewis testing combos?

Mowers is definatly as man to keep on the roster. I agree with those say rather him than McCarty.

TomHBlain 12-18-2003 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajo
I saw about the half game before I decided I needed 3.5 hours sleep before going to work.

Zetterberg is a good player, he showed that. Gave the Wings another skilled player. It seemed that the lines were realy messed up day. Is Lewis testing combos?

Mowers is definatly as man to keep on the roster. I agree with those say rather him than McCarty.

Its good to see a young guy, who missed a lot of time, step up in the first game back. I dont think many people expected that. Lets hope he can sustain that for the next couple of ... years! :) or at least the next couple of weeks. Maybe Datsyuk's success will rub on on Henrik and he will start to explode. Its been a while since we have seen such explosive youth in the Winged Wheel. I would have to say it hasnt been since ole #91 was a Russian youth playing for our D-town Red Army in the early 90s.

Can't thank Jim Nill enough for these two guys.

mcarrick16 12-18-2003 10:41 AM

Kronwall had an assist did he play well?

PigPen 12-18-2003 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cujorulz
Kronwall had an assist did he play well?

Very.

zetterberg40 12-18-2003 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldark
Pretty exciting game..

I was there, it wasnt exciting at all. Very few quality scoring chances for us, more for them. Besides the last 2 mintes of the 3rd and OT, it was really boring. No fights or scrums really... sad...

Im not complaining, it was a good game, but pretty average, not really to exciting, the only players worth watching like usual were dats and zet

Kronblom 12-18-2003 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PigPen
Very.

Wasn´t Kronwall supposed to play for Grand Rapids this season?