HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Our first line players (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=366492)

paintballruler* 04-07-2007 08:09 AM

Our first line players

Anyone else realize that nylander and straka are not good at all without jagr. Now that straka is playing with shanahan, and avery he has been OK but when he plays with jagr he has points every night. I understand that jagr does that to anyone he plays with.

But Most other teams can still produce when there top line player going down. If jagr was to go down nylander-straka-(Izzy)OR(hossa). Will do nothing at all.

Look last year in the playoffs you remember on how terrible our first line was when Jags went down.

I love straka and some times i love nylander, but i wish we can get some real first line players like gagne, brieir, gomez, etc.

Kluivert4Ever 04-07-2007 08:26 AM

Exactly, even when Jagr is not putting up points he is making everyone around him better, he is the MVP of this team and has been for the last two years, I feel Jags is actually unappreaciated by Ranger fans, he is probably the best player in the league.

Plato 04-07-2007 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintballruler (Post 8802006)

But Most other teams can still produce when there top line player going down. If jagr was to go down nylander-straka-(Izzy)OR(hossa). Will do nothing at all.

i see where youre coming from but consider these other teams who would suffer even worse than the rangers without their top guy
and 4 of 5 are in playoff contention

pitts-crosby
tampa-lecalvalier
calgary-iggy
panthers-olli
atlanta-kovy or hossa

hpNYR 04-07-2007 08:45 AM

Actually, Straka is not playing that bad at all with Avery and Shanahan. He wasn't fiinishing with the Jagr/nYlander unit but has picked up points in his last few on that 2nd unit.

paintballruler* 04-07-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 (Post 8802152)
Actually, Straka is not playing that bad at all with Avery and Shanahan. He wasn't fiinishing with the Jagr/nYlander unit but has picked up points in his last few on that 2nd unit.

I don't think straka is the best thing for that second line. I love the way he puts in 150% effort, but he plays to much european. Shanahan plays by putting pucks to the net and getting players to the net for the rebound. While straka sets up shanahan for 1 timers and hardly ever goes to the net.

All that i am saying is i would love for them to rest/sit/strach straka and put Callahan back on that line (A player that goes to the front of the net etc..)

paintballruler* 04-07-2007 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 (Post 8802145)
i see where youre coming from but consider these other teams who would suffer even worse than the rangers without their top guy
and 4 of 5 are in playoff contention

pitts-crosby
tampa-lecalvalier
calgary-iggy
panthers-olli
atlanta-kovy or hossa

i know that teams will be hurting with there top guns missing, but would ther other 2 top line players pick it up and make up the points. And i don't think nylander-straka- hossa would be able to do that.

hpNYR 04-07-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintballruler (Post 8802287)
I don't think straka is the best thing for that second line. I love the way he puts in 150% effort, but he plays to much european. Shanahan plays by putting pucks to the net and getting players to the net for the rebound. While straka sets up shanahan for 1 timers and hardly ever goes to the net.

All that i am saying is i would love for them to rest/sit/strach straka and put Callahan back on that line (A player that goes to the front of the net etc..)

Everything is working right now. I wouldn't touch a thing, only replace isbister when hossa returns and MAYBE replace pock with rachunek.

Straka is not your typical european, he plays as north american as one european can, except maybe less physical off-course. He has a 2 way game which is really good on that 2nd line. Hossa has the same 2 way game when he returns, isbister also has that two way game. If you notice, Renney loves usuing atleast one 2 way player on each line. Hossa,Straka,Cullen just to name the guys from the first 3 lines. I think Straka will do fine on the 2nd line. He's been playing his best hockey as of late, he'll get his assists setting up shanny and he'll get his protection if need be. He will also chip in goals too cause even though he has no shot, when he does shoot he'll either have avery or shannahan in front of that net either creating a screen or deflecting the puck into the net.

IanB 04-07-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintballruler (Post 8802006)
Anyone else realize that nylander and straka are not good at all without jagr. Now that straka is playing with shanahan, and avery he has been OK but when he plays with jagr he has points every night. I understand that jagr does that to anyone he plays with.

Look last year in the playoffs you remember on how terrible our first line was when Jags went down.

I love straka and some times i love nylander, but i wish we can get some real first line players like gagne, brieir, gomez, etc.

I dont think that should come as a surprise to anyone. Common knowledge, probably, but they also have a certain chemistry with one another thats hard to find. You couldn't just stick anyone with Jagr and guarantee they'll do as well with him as Nylander/Straka can/will.

Nich 04-07-2007 09:47 AM

i like straka on the second line. that being said, i rather have had shanny got a contract extension and let straka walk, use that money to sign nylander for one more year, and then give a kid a chance at second line...ala dawes....

kovalev27hf 04-07-2007 10:11 AM

nylander has been tremendous on whatever line he's played on this year. in fact id say every line he' s on usually is our best line for that particular game even when he played with dawes and ward for one or two games they were the best line out there.

Nich 04-07-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kovalev27hf (Post 8802670)
nylander has been tremendous on whatever line he's played on this year. in fact id say every line he' s on usually is our best line for that particular game even when he played with dawes and ward for one or two games they were the best line out there.

last game i would say prucha - cullen - cally was our best line. don't remember a single bad ****