HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT : Chouinard traded to Minnesota (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=36700)

Guillermo 12-17-2003 09:30 AM

OT : Chouinard traded to Minnesota

Source : RDS

L'attaquant Éric Chouinard a été échangé au Wild du Minnesota par les Flyers de Philadelphie. En retour de ses services, les Flyers obtiennent un choix de cinquième ronde en 2004.

Basically, it's Chouinard for a 2004 fifth rounder. Well I guess Savard made a good move at the time, Flyers lost this deal from a Habs perspective!

Marc the Habs Fan 12-17-2003 09:36 AM

But wait, I thought the Flyers had found the next John Leclair at the time of the deal last year !!! :joker: :teach: :lol:

What a great trade that was since Chouinard was not gonna make it here and I am pretty sure was eligible for waivers in the fall..

prabak11 12-17-2003 09:54 AM

young players do good in minnesota under jacques lemaire so u never know he could turn out to be a third liner :dunno: :p

EquabaleAce 12-17-2003 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabby
young players do good in minnesota under jacques lemaire so u never know he could turn out to be a third liner :dunno: :p

so true, in minesota he will forget how to shoot, while beliving the ice ends at the opposing teams blue line

All-Star 12-17-2003 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bûcheron
Source : RDS

L'attaquant Éric Chouinard a été échangé au Wild du Minnesota par les Flyers de Philadelphie. En retour de ses services, les Flyers obtiennent un choix de cinquième ronde en 2004.

Basically, it's Chouinard for a 2004 fifth rounder. Well I guess Savard made a good move at the time, Flyers lost this deal from a Habs perspective!

One good thing about this is that now we can be confident in the fact that the curse has been lifted. We traded this guy and he didn't get better. Actually considering that we got a 2nd for him and he was just traded for a 5th, you could say he actually got worse. :p

Freaky Habs Fan 12-17-2003 10:22 AM

Well, glad we receive a 2nd round pick for him instead of a 5th round pick. I think we could add this trade in the Andre Savard good trades sections We had Maxim Lapierre for him. I think it's a good thing. Lapieere seem to be doing great in the Q.

Habsolution 12-17-2003 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
One good thing about this is that now we can be confident in the fact that the curse has been lifted. We traded this guy and he didn't get better. Actually considering that we got a 2nd for him and he was just traded for a 5th, you could say he actually got worse. :p

The pretzel it's THE PRETZEL !

:bow:

habsfansam 12-17-2003 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Well, glad we receive a 2nd round pick for him instead of a 5th round pick. I think we could add this trade in the Andre Savard good trades sections We had Maxim Lapierre for him. I think it's a good thing. Lapieere seem to be doing great in the Q.

I know lots of people have been down on lapierre, but if he's as good at what he does as the csb and savard seemed to think, i think we ran away with that trade handsdown.

I wouldn't give up on the curse just yet... chouinard was only in philly for like 4months of hockey and he's only 23. Recall what happened to Jason ward at age 23, anyone?? Good luck to him in Minnny, and don't be bitter if he turns out cause we got a good deal for him.

All-Star 12-17-2003 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfansam
I know lots of people have been down on lapierre, but if he's as good at what he does as the csb and savard seemed to think, i think we ran away with that trade handsdown.

I wouldn't give up on the curse just yet... chouinard was only in philly for like 4months of hockey and he's only 23. Recall what happened to Jason ward at age 23, anyone?? Good luck to him in Minnny, and don't be bitter if he turns out cause we got a good deal for him.

If Chouinard becomes good with the Wild, it becomes Philly's mistake and hopefully curse... He's no longer our problem!

Habsaku 12-17-2003 12:17 PM

Chouinard was a world class bust. Typical for a team with bunch of them like Minnesota to acquire him. It seems to me any player that wants a second chance goes to Minny, Gaborik doesn't fit there :joker: . He's not a checking center :joker: .

Patty Roy 12-17-2003 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfansam

I like what i saw from Lapierre in the Ottawa rookie tournament. His (lack of) production in the Q doesn't really concern me because i see him as more of a checker at the NHL level (if he makes it). An Ian Lapperiere type, if you will...