HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Flames prospects @ WJC (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=36738)

Badger Bob 12-17-2003 11:54 AM

Flames prospects @ WJC

Dion Phaneuf - Canada
Tim Ramholt - Switzerland
Greg Moore - USA

If you are aware of any others, please post them, along with any progress reports during the tournament.

flamesfan12 12-17-2003 12:46 PM

Here are some other players in the tourny.

Peter F Sui
Johnsson D Swe

kruezer 12-17-2003 08:20 PM

Thats all of them....I'll post about whatever games I can watch.....definetaly Switzerland vs. Canada :yo:

FLAMESFAN 12-18-2003 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
Thats all of them....I'll post about whatever games I can watch.....definetaly Switzerland vs. Canada :yo:

I'm on Xmas break, so I'll be catching every game :p
Man, I love this time of year! :yo:

BTW - Kruezer: Interesting stat for you:
Whenever McAmmond gets a point the Flames are 8-0-2 :D

kruezer 12-18-2003 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
I'm on Xmas break, so I'll be catching every game :p
Man, I love this time of year! :yo:

BTW - Kruezer: Interesting stat for you:
Whenever McAmmond gets a point the Flames are 8-0-2 :D

Awesome I sure will be checking out most games

Didn't need to hear that....naw ;) McAmmond's really doing well...I'll try and stop bashing for a few months :D

kruezer 12-18-2003 09:18 PM

Hey BB dyou there could be a sticky on this thread? Not that its that necessary on this board I guess, but hey it sounds like fun.

Flames Draft Watcher 12-19-2003 06:43 AM

Also worth mentioning is that McAmmond leads the team with a +11.

kruezer 12-19-2003 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Also worth mentioning is that McAmmond leads the team with a +11.

:bow: :D

FLAMESFAN 12-22-2003 04:56 PM

Quote:

That's a pretty early one though.
I believe 7 am for me (central), 6 am for you!

kruezer 12-22-2003 09:46 PM

Quote:

That's a pretty early one though.
I believe 7 am for me (central), 6 am for you!

Thats true, I think there's gonna have to be some taping action, I can't bring myself to get up that early unless its the medal round, :D

kruezer 12-26-2003 03:54 PM

I saw the Canada-Finland game today and I personally thought Phaneuf was awesome, the best d-man on Canada (but I'm biased). Had one bad giveaway but Fleury bailed him out luckily. Jumped up and scored the first goal for Canada, pretty nice looking offensive instincts all game long. Didn't see the American game but from what I read Moore didn't do anything too interesting despite an 8-0 win for the USA, Parise had a hattrick though, which is impressive. The Russians only tied the Slovaks, not sure what to think of that, Ovechkin had 2 points (1 goal), so he did alright apparently. Crosby was pretty dangerous offensively for Canada, him and Tambellini have some really good chemistry.

Thats all for today, I'll put up some updated stats later tonight.

canucksfan 12-26-2003 04:51 PM

Quote:

I saw the Canada-Finland game today and I personally thought Phaneuf was awesome, the best d-man on Canada (but I'm biased). Had one bad giveaway but Fleury bailed him out luckily. Jumped up and scored the first goal for Canada, pretty nice looking offensive instincts all game long. Didn't see the American game but from what I read Moore didn't do anything too interesting despite an 8-0 win for the USA, Parise had a hattrick though, which is impressive. The Russians only tied the Slovaks, not sure what to think of that, Ovechkin had 2 points (1 goal), so he did alright apparently. Crosby was pretty dangerous offensively for Canada, him and Tambellini have some really good chemistry.

Thats all for today, I'll put up some updated stats later tonight.

You are right Phaneuf was Canada's best defencemen today. He played amazing in his own end and he scored the first goal.

Strizzi 12-27-2003 06:26 AM

Tim Ramholt hat 1G 2A in Switzerland's 11-0 blowout against the Ukraine today, and Emanuel Peter even had 3G 1A.

flamesfan12 12-27-2003 07:23 AM

Pierre Johnsson also had a goal for Sweden in their win.

FLAMESFAN 12-27-2003 10:10 AM

So who from the Flames Org is scouting the tourny?

kruezer 12-27-2003 02:07 PM

Hey here some updated statistics of the Flame prospects, I didn't see any games today but the Canadians better watch out for the Swiss from all reports, it was only the Ukraine but they dominated apparently. Good to see Peter do well, hopefully he can get more ice after the break with Kloten, he definetaly has potential.

Emanuel Peter SWITZERLAND 1GP 3G 1A 4P 2PIM
Tim Ramholt SWITZERLAND 1GP 1G 2A 3P 0PIM
Pierre Johnsson SWEDEN 1GP 1G 0A 2PIM
Dion Phaneuf CANADA 1GP 1G 0A 1P 0PIM
Greg Moore USA 1GP 0G 0A 0P 0PIM

FLAMESFAN 12-28-2003 07:57 AM

From today's game, Peter was the most notable out of the three prospects. Whenever the Suisse had any offence, he was usually on the ice. Had a bad give away when he fell with the puck though.
Ramholt wasn't as much of a factor as I thought he'd be.
Phaneuf was no where near as good as against the Finns

kruezer 12-28-2003 11:14 AM

Quote:

From today's game, Peter was the most notable out of the three prospects. Whenever the Suisse had any offence, he was usually on the ice. Had a bad give away when he fell with the puck though.
Ramholt wasn't as much of a factor as I thought he'd be.
Phaneuf was no where near as good as against the Finns

Hey ya, that basically what I saw as well, I was a little disappointed in Ramholt, but boy Peter looked dynamite all game despite the obvious difference between the teams. I thought Phaneuf played quite well again though, and Coburn seemed more involved today this Canadian team is really starting to impress me more and more, at first I didn't think they were on the same level as the Russians and even maybe the Amerks, but I really think they'll win this year. BTW Crosby got a goal that Phaneuf assisted on.

kruezer 12-29-2003 12:00 PM

Hey I figured since I'm missing the replay of the Ukraine game (doesn't sound like it was that interesting anyway) I may as well post the stats for updated for all games completed by the night of the 29th.....

Emanuel Peter SWITZERLAND 2GP 3G 1A 4P 2PIM
Tim Ramholt SWITZERLAND 2GP 1G 2A 3P 0PIM
Pierre Johnsson SWEDEN 2GP 1G 0A 4PIM
Dion Phaneuf CANADA 3GP 1G 1A 2P 0PIM
Greg Moore USA 2GP 0G 0A 0P 0PIM

There they are, BTW big game for the Swiss tommorrow against the Czechs, if they want to be for real they need to beat either the Czechs or the Finns.

King of Stankonia 01-03-2004 10:53 AM

Wow. Welcome to the big time Rostislav Olesz; you just got Neuf'd.

kruezer 01-03-2004 08:45 PM

Well I haven't posted updated stats yet, but I'll polish them off after the tourny finishes up, I must say I'm really impressed with Phaneuf, Ramholt wasn't so impressive but I didn't see him much, Peter seemed good when I saw him, same with Pierre Johnsson, Moore sure hasn't been super impressive IMO, but he sure has talent, and it seems noticeable to me, if anyone scores on the Canadians tommorrow I hope its only him. :D

Badger Bob 01-04-2004 05:44 AM

Quote:

So who from the Flames Org is scouting the tourny?

Tod Button? :dunno:

icarus 01-04-2004 03:23 PM

Looking at the stats, Moore hasn't done much (although he did set up the GWG yesterday on a two-on-one). But he's not on the top two lines, and therefore sees a lot less ice time in Mike Eaves's system.

kruezer 01-04-2004 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Tod Button? :dunno:

I would assume too.