HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Playoff Beards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=367733)

MrAlfie 04-09-2007 03:09 AM

Playoff Beards

I started right after the Rangers clinched and well...
I now remember why I canŽt grow a beard for more than 3 days. It itches like a fleafarm. And no, it has nothing to do with lack of hygiene, I shower twice every day and still itches like there is no tommorrow. But IŽll hang in there and keep it as long as necessary, I might post a pic of it after the first round.

Everyone feel free to post pictures yourself.

Leprechaun 04-09-2007 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAlfie (Post 8839509)
I now remember why I canŽt grow a beard for more than 3 days. It itches like a fleafarm. And no, it has nothing to do with lack of hygiene, I shower twice every day and still itches like there is no tommorrow. But IŽll hang in there and keep it as long as necessary, I might post a pic of it after the first round.

I feel you mate....

Smashley 04-09-2007 05:31 AM

:biglaugh: "Itches like a flea farm"

bender13 04-09-2007 07:08 AM

Gotta get past the first week or so, once you get some lenght to it, the itch goes away.

score77 04-09-2007 08:06 AM

Yea i'm 19 and in the fall i was bored and grew a beard for a while, after the first couple days it stopped itching and now i can shave and start over and it never itches. I started after they clinched as well i will post pics once it starts to come along, but it grows slow on me.

KreiMeARiver 04-09-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAlfie (Post 8839509)

yeah I think that's only for the actual players....

Staggarelli 04-09-2007 09:28 AM

I cant grow facial hair worth a damn... but I will try for the boys this season!!!!

The mens hockey team I am a ringer on also just started the playoffs so I guess its a multipurpose playoff beard.....

Nich 04-09-2007 09:31 AM

i just haven't shaved yet since they clinched...but thats what happenes when you are at work 80% of the day

MMessier11 04-09-2007 09:39 AM

just a question. i've got mine goin and haven't shaved since we clinched, but are we allowed to groom the beard. like can we shave the neck...just checking the rules...haha :sarcasm:

007 04-09-2007 09:40 AM

When I grow a beard, it starts to itch after about the first week or so for a few days. I guess I'll grow a beard this season, too. Good excuse not to shave... :)

Petemo 04-09-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightide85 (Post 8840926)
yeah I think that's only for the actual players....

No way man, it's tradition to basically every hockey fan I know to grow a playoff beard along with your team once they clinch a spot.

Bird Law 04-09-2007 09:52 AM

I've constantly had a beard for a number of years now. Last year I shaved it off since I figured the reverse might work.

Big mistake. We were swept :(

KreiMeARiver 04-09-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawgPacPBH (Post 8841184)
No way man, it's tradition to basically every hockey fan I know to grow a playoff beard along with your team once they clinch a spot.

I'd do it if I didn't have a corporate job where I have to meet with clients!

I'm pretty lazy...shaving is so annoying.

Dash2110 04-09-2007 10:03 AM

I'd do the beard in a heartbeat, but like some, I have a job where I can almost guarantee people will start giving me crap when I grow it out.

Bluenote13 04-09-2007 10:05 AM

My name.....is Joe Beard :yo:

http://www.myspace.com/spacebeard

bogans 04-09-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightide85 (Post 8841280)
I'd do it if I didn't have a corporate job where I have to meet with clients!

I'm pretty lazy...shaving is so annoying.

I am an accountant and have been growing ever since we clinched, I know have a pretty thick beard, but I call it multipurpose. It is for the playoffs and for the end of tax season, I just cant deal with shaving anymore pretty much. I always have grown it with the team, in 1994 I was a sophomore in high school, I oculd only really grow a mustache and looked quite dirty by the end of the run. Now I have got a fullbeard in a week and by the end I can only imagine how many birds will have set up their nests down there.

Petemo 04-09-2007 10:12 AM

Im 18 and my beard is interesting, to say the least. Definitley not a nice full beard, but it will have to do.

NYRMatt 04-09-2007 10:33 AM

Quite an interesting discussion.

I'm 15 and beardless. :p:

How about Playoff Hair? You know where you grow it really long.

Plato 04-09-2007 10:45 AM

i started mine after the 2nd win over the isles

im only 16 but im greek so its coming out nicely

Speedtrials 04-09-2007 11:02 AM

Well considering I am unemployed right now, I guess it wont be a problem to grow one. Not sure how it is going to come in though, in the past it always looks bad, but I also never gave it more than a few days.

Draft Guru 04-09-2007 11:07 AM

Mine grows pretty fast, and it's red too, so it should be interesting. I did it last year, unfortunately it didn't last too long. I've always wanted to grow it out and see how it would look, so this is a good excuse :)

I'll shave Thursday morning in preparation for Game 1.

TomLaidlaw 04-09-2007 11:21 AM

I've been growing a playoff goatee for the last week. Just realized yesterday that there were quite a few Grey hairs in it. I was at Easter dinner yesterday and my wife pointed out the Grey hairs and then my godson proceeded to call me Gandalf Grey Beard the rest of the night. Its sucks getting old.

Lundqvist=Vezina 04-09-2007 11:47 AM

Haven't shaved since we beat Montreal, not much is there yet but hopefully it will start coming in once game 1 is happening

DarthSather99 04-09-2007 12:47 PM

I can grow a light beard without shaving one day ......that will be the extent of my playoff beard as I work in a bank which likes thier employees well groomed.

This flea farm has "no vacancy"

Kluivert4Ever 04-09-2007 12:48 PM

Forget playoff beards.

Let us all shave our heads instead.

http://a86.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/...736a7ab1dd.jpg

;)