HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Q&A with Scott Barney (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=36777)

David A. Rainer 12-17-2003 02:31 PM

Q&A with Scott Barney

The interview conducted by kingsjohn is up on the HF frontpage.

Fro the Love 12-17-2003 02:41 PM

Good Stuff.

Brock 12-17-2003 04:56 PM

Great Interview.

I've always been a huge fan of Scott Barney. He used to be my favourite prospect back before his back injury. I was so disapointed to learn that he may have retired.

Then he came back and it was great to see. He struggled last year, but after 3 years off from hockey and then going and playing essentially your rookie season in the AHL. It's got to be tough.

This year he has been great, judging from the statistics at least. Maybe someone who watches Manchester a fair amoung can chime in with their thoughts on him.

Old Hickory 12-17-2003 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Great Interview.

I've always been a huge fan of Scott Barney. He used to be my favourite prospect back before his back injury. I was so disapointed to learn that he may have retired.

Then he came back and it was great to see. He struggled last year, but after 3 years off from hockey and then going and playing essentially your rookie season in the AHL. It's got to be tough.

This year he has been great, judging from the statistics at least. Maybe someone who watches Manchester a fair amoung can chime in with their thoughts on him.

The Monarchs PR guy Mike Kalinowski (who I can never thank enough for his help on this) had nothing but the best things to say about Scott. Scott was a really nice guy. If I learned one thing about him from this interview it was how much he loves the game. Scott is really a class act

jfont 12-17-2003 05:50 PM

great read...thanks john... :handclap:

tc 12-18-2003 07:57 AM

Great Stuff John!

Game Misconduct 12-18-2003 08:33 AM

Great job, John!

Capn Brown 12-18-2003 09:17 AM

There was one thing about the interview that wasn't clear to me. He missed three years due to ....... an alignment problem?!! I mean, I've had my spine misaligned as well and yes there was pain, but a quick visit to the chiropractor fixed everything fast.

Was it a case where he had "a little bit" of pain, yet ignored the signs and kept on playing and working out and thus making the situation worse?

And there ARE actual "wrong" ways to work out that WILL lead to spinal misalignments. I'm wondering if this was the path Barney went down....

Can anybody here clarify? Thanks!

Old Hickory 12-18-2003 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Daleks
There was one thing about the interview that wasn't clear to me. He missed three years due to ....... an alignment problem?!! I mean, I've had my spine misaligned as well and yes there was pain, but a quick visit to the chiropractor fixed everything fast.

Was it a case where he had "a little bit" of pain, yet ignored the signs and kept on playing and working out and thus making the situation worse?

And there ARE actual "wrong" ways to work out that WILL lead to spinal misalignments. I'm wondering if this was the path Barney went down....

Can anybody here clarify? Thanks!

It was more of a birth defect and that led to multiple disc problems, which ultimately becomes nerve issues and very painful.

Quote:

Before the surgeries and most importantly the 2 Dr's that helped him, everything was making his back worse.

Quote:

Anytime you lift anything incorrectly or put a strain on your back you are going to affect your back. It just depends on what condition your back was in before and how much or little damage you do.

I had a back condition that warranted surgery and I can tell you Scott 's was exponentially worse

TubbyTerrion* 12-18-2003 11:04 PM

Tremendous job, John... I've been lax in replying, but I've been thinking you did some great work!

More, more, more!

David A. Rainer 12-19-2003 06:52 AM

Hey john, are you sure that it was Barney you talked to and not someone posing as Barney? ;)